Please, don't cap Legacy Levels

Kyrtin

To me the legacy system is the ultimate accumulation of everything you've done in the game, a means of measuring the sum of things. Today I'll hit Legacy Level 40. (I know someone who will likely hit 46 today in my guild)

From what I've heard the Legacy system will cap at Legacy Level 50, and if that's the case, most of my love for the game will be mitigated by the tremendous negative aspect of no longer having that means of measurement, that sense that everything is adding up to something that would unlocks wondrous new things later on down the road.

I ask only that even if Legacy Levels currently only give rewards up to level 50, that it not cap out at level 50. Capping out on commendations is irritating, but capping out on legacy would be game-breaking for me.

Make the curve on legacy level exp requirements insane after 50 if you like, just make sure it keeps adding up, don't let it just go to waste. I don't care if no rewards for legacy levels after 50 are added for another 6 months, or until the first expansion, just so long as I don't hit a cap.

Edited by Kyrtin

From what I have read about what is on the PTS I believe 1.2 only gives rewards up to legacy level 25.

Even if that's the case it won't bother me much just so long as there isn't a cap, but I would definitely like confirmation as to if the Legacy System currently caps at legacy level 50 from a Dev if one ends up reading this.

From what I have read about what is on the PTS I believe 1.2 only gives rewards up to legacy level 25.

The point isn't to keep getting rewards. It's to show off how much you've played and how long you've been around.

I also hope that they remove the cap. I see no reason for it to exist.

Hum... Not exactly against the idea, but other than just a measure of long you have played (which you can get with /played), it would not really add anything to the game. No rewards, or anything, so I'm not really sure what the point of just a counter that keeps increasing is for.

Hum... Not exactly against the idea, but other than just a measure of long you have played (which you can get with /played), it would not really add anything to the game. No rewards, or anything, so I'm not really sure what the point of just a counter that keeps increasing is for.

It isn't an idea that appeals to everyone, but nobody has pointed to any real opposition to it. It would make a large number of players very happy, and the rest wouldn't "care what your legacy level is!" so I hope they either don't cap it, or remove any existing cap and simply scale up the exp cost per lvl accordingly.

Five years down the line having a massive legacy level because you kept playing the game (not playing it on and off as you tried out every MMO to hit the market) would be far more rewarding than a simple /played could offer, and would give the hope/potential of the game rewarding you for it, even if not right away, and even if it didn't directly affect your damage dealt/health total/etc.

It isn't an idea that appeals to everyone, but nobody has pointed to any real opposition to it. It would make a large number of players very happy, and the rest wouldn't "care what your legacy level is!" so I hope they either don't cap it, or remove any existing cap and simply scale up the exp cost per lvl accordingly.

Five years down the line having a massive legacy level because you kept playing the game (not playing it on and off as you tried out every MMO to hit the market) would be far more rewarding than a simple /played could offer, and would give the hope/potential of the game rewarding you for it, even if not right away, and even if it didn't directly affect your damage dealt/health total/etc.

I'm not really against it. I just see no point in it.

But if it makes some people happy, and does not affect me at all, then I'm all for it. You have my support.