The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's the incentive to continue to pvp pre 1.2? for new 50's.

Kaesoron

With what little info we have on new pvp gear, what is the incentive to continue to pvp pre 1.2?

With Centurion gear becoming obsolete due to the new entry level gear. The only incentive I can see is to aquire champion gear in an effort to make the road to BM a little bit easier.

K.

Save up your 1000/1000 merc / warzone comms. Spend excess on medpack/stims.

Spend your comms on the new gear, if such a thing is indeed possible. From what I've read, you can save 2000 warzones once 1.2 hits, until then still capped at 1000.

Save up your 1000/1000 merc / warzone comms. Spend excess on medpack/stims.

Spend your comms on the new gear, if such a thing is indeed possible. From what I've read, you can save 2000 warzones once 1.2 hits, until then still capped at 1000.

Oh yeah, waste time trying the unused merc comms. Lol

If you're PvPing for "rewards", then you should delete your account, because that's not what PvP is about. If you want rewards, go PvE.

THIS

AND

LOL ur paying $15 and crying because u dont have any incentives

LOLOLOLO

usually u play for fun and u pay for the fun of it not for a champion armor

JUST LOLx1500

I don't mind if they turn pvp in all major mmorpg into cod, battlefield, or starcraft type of games. You log in and you pvp without having gear grinds. Thus, if you lose you know for the most part you lost cause you suck not due to gear disparity. Plus, the focus should always be about pvp not about gear grind, which is what it appears some players who pvp want. Obviously, if any developer for a mmorpg could turn mmorpg pvp like cod, battlefield, or starcaft it will probably eclipse pve and make a lot more money. Edited by Knockerz

I don't understand why you think your current gear will disappear. As I understand it you simply won't be able to buy new Champ or Chenturaian gear. The items you have will still be on you. BW isn't going make it so you log into a naked character.

The entry level gear might be as good as centurian but who cares, I've been 50 for a week and my alt is already in Centurian gear....it was easy to get.

Get a 1000 WZ and 1000 Merc if you want to buy BM gear or whatever after 1.2. That should keep you busy.

Edited by Paralassa
content

I don't understand why you think your current gear will disappear. As I understand it you simply won't be able to buy new Champ or Chenturaian gear. The items you have will still be on you. BW isn't going make it so you log into a naked character.

The entry level gear might be as good as centurian but who cares, I've been 50 for a week and my alt is already in Centurian gear....it was easy to get.

Get a 1000 WZ and 1000 Merc if you want to buy BM gear or whatever after 1.2. That should keep you busy.

There is another thread that days the BM gear expertise increases to ~100 and the rookie gear is ~69 per piece. Since champ is in the 40s, what's the point of wasting time with the gear grind now.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

I do... So let's just toss all the gear stats and we're all good.

Or are you one of the gear babies just trolling since you already have BM.

Look...you can QQ about gear until the cows come home. Won't make a difference until 1.2 hits. My guess is 1.2 isn't going to come until the end of April after resubs (so around 4/21). But that's my tinfoil hat talking and I could be wrong. Maybe your tinfoil hat works better than mine.

Anyway, you would essentially be sitting out for a month of no PvP on your 50 should you choose the route of "QQ I haz no gear," when you could be in near full Champ gear within two weeks. All you need is some Champ gear to compete anyway. The Expertise worm starts to turn at around 6%.

Or you could roll a new toon and play lowbie 1-49 WZs and get absolutely crushed until around level 30, whine about gear/leveling again, and be back where you are now until you hit 30+.

Then again, you could just unsub until the Patch comes out, but I'm assuming you like the game.

What's being lost in all of the above is simply PvPing for the sake of PvP. I never PvP'd in this game to get gear. Personally, I PvP just to PvP, gear is an extra bonus that happens when you PvP a lot in this game. The majority of peeps don't care for the Expertise stat and never did. We just play the game that was provided. No need to hate on peeps for playing the game the way BW designed it. That's just stupid.

The OP answered a simple question. I gave them a simple answer. If you like to PvP, then PvP. If you are a carebear that PvPs only to get gear, then unsub until 1.2 or go run EV/KP until your tears dry. Pretty simple really.

There is another thread that days the BM gear expertise increases to ~100 and the rookie gear is ~69 per piece. Since champ is in the 40s, what's the point of wasting time with the gear grind now.

This will change things...but pretty thin info.

Eeek, where is the delete thread key. Hehe

I think I'll just keep going untill more information is released, I still have the feeling the champion set is going going to be pretty much redundent.

I just found a reason... gearing up my companions in centurion set :)

K.

Edited by Kaesoron