Jedis vs Ultramarines. Siths vs Ultramarines. Who´d won ?

Ivanblood

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At close range, yes.

At long rage, Jedi squarely looses. And shall not say that jedi can manipulate ultramarine´s mind from 500 feets. Maybe if he gets close enoungh. I didn´t see any long distance manipulation in books or movies. Besides mind control is not absolute. Ultramarines have a high willpower to resist or not to fall completely. Jedi would be able stagger the ultramarine but would be unable to take the control over him.

Lets remember that Jedis can control only low intelect creatures like animals. To control a marine of high will power would be needed a true master of force

Distances such as you are stating will not affect the Force. Many powers can be used over great distances. If a Jedi can feel their opponent in the Force they can use several powers on that target. Mind Control is the least of these powers. You discredit all Force users with your assunptions on how the Force works. Andas I said earler, Force users will use ranged weapons. Combined with the Force they will be as deadly accurate as your Marines.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you should at least knw your enemies better before presenting your arguments.

Once again, there is no basis in FACT here. This is purely a "what-if" thread based solely on OPINION. Force users have never gone up against these Psyker users/Marines and never will. W40K is a game that is based on an entirely differant universe, as has been pointed out already. We can present our cases but there is NOTHING to prove one is superior to the other. As such I stand by my opinion, Force Users and their respective allies win. I respect your opinion but to say you are talking facts is BS. Therre are no facts to back your opinion and none to back mine.

But what I have stated simply IS true, the most powerful Force User can summon huge Force Storms, devour worlds and tear the space time continuum apart.

The most powerful Psyker can obliterate star systems, make portals to other dimensions, become an all powerful and eternal Daemon Prince and let the forces of Chaos(Basically every type of Demon you can imagine) pour in and annihilate entire sectors of space.

The difference in demonstrated power is astronomical.

Your argument is this: there is no basis for objective argument and comparison(There is I just showed you).

And that our opinions mean enough to create an argument in a battle based off of the facts of the two separate universes.

This simply isn't true as that isn't an argument, it is just an opinion.

Demonstratively, Psykers can perform much greater feats than Force users can.

But what I have stated simply IS true, the most powerful Force User can summon huge Force Storms, devour worlds and tear the space time continuum apart.

The most powerful Psyker can obliterate star systems, make portals to other dimensions, become an all powerful and eternal Daemon Prince and let the forces of Chaos(Basically every type of Demon you can imagine) pour in and annihilate entire sectors of space.

Your argument is this: there is no basis for objective argument and comparison(There is I just showed you).

And that our opinions mean enough to create an argument in a battle based off of the facts of the two separate universes.

Until the day the two actually fight we will never know who is more powerful. It is all opinion. Unless you can show evidence that a Psyker and a Jedi have fought one another then I think we can agree to disagree :)

Until the day the two actually fight we will never know who is more powerful. It is all opinion. Unless you can show evidence that a Psyker and a Jedi have fought one another then I think we can agree to disagree :)

That is the Arnem Ixem argument, which in practice sounds great, but when you actually have a way to compare something in a factual manner, which we do, it falls flat on it's face.

Ivan...

I'll take up this challenge.

I can explain logically how the Ultramarines would lose to a Jedi army.

However...

I need to know if I am free to whip out the Force powers from the novels and I need to know which Jedi I am allowed to use. I am confident however that I can pull out a combination that would leave the Ultramarines crushed without even a chance to win in a ground war.

Actually, it worked VERY well on Belsavis for the Sith Warrior storyline. Seriously, play a LS SW and you'll see what I mean. We pwned Darth Ekkage. :D

Unfortunately, that isn't canon, as the Sith Warrior storyline doesn't have a canonical playthrough, or even a name, gender or race.

Ivan...

I'll take up this challenge.

I can explain logically how the Ultramarines would lose to a Jedi army.

However...

I need to know if I am free to whip out the Force powers from the novels and I need to know which Jedi I am allowed to use. I am confident however that I can pull out a combination that would leave the Ultramarines crushed without even a chance to win in a ground war.

I'm thinking its whatever jedi/force power there is, theres no real specific guidelines of what is and isn't available.

The fall of the Ultramarines:

Preface:

I will be using the full might of the Jedi on this one. I'll be using the Force Powers as depicted by the novels and the EU. I will assume that the wizards on the side of the Ultramarines can stop any "direct" wipe out attack used by the Jedi like a thought bomb or simply mind-melting the entire Ultramarine forces.

Force Powers that the Ultramarines cannot counter however are three very big ones. The first being Battle Meditation and the second being Battle Meld and the third being Surrender to the Force.

Battle Meditation affects the probabilities and the morale of people in combat. It would be much weaker against the Ultramarines because the negative effects on the marines would be mitigated by their wizards. The morale of the Jedi, however, would be highly raised.

Another power that would swing this is the Battle Meld. This is when Jedi enter into a hive mind state. Jedi combat efficiency continues to raise the more people who are part of the meld. It gives the Jedi, who already possess an incredible battle sense, even more capabilities to detect to, and react to, threats. On top of this they can coordinate attacks and movements at the speed of thought.

Surrender to the Force is another nasty ability. This particular ability is the trump card. A Jedi who fully surrenders to the Force becomes virtually unstoppable. By this we mean all aspects of the Jedi are magnified to frightening levels. We have witnessed lone Jedi defeating entire armies of Yuuzahn Vong, including artillery and tanks, while in this state, personally killing over a thousand enemies in one skirmish.

Some of the feats demonstrated while in this state:

• Superhuman speed. (Luke Skywalker was able to move so fast he appeared to vanish. We are talking DBZ levels of speed here.)
  • Superhuman strength. (In this state both Luke, Ganner, and Jacen Solo exhibited extreme amounts of strength.)
  • Superhuman stamina. (Jedi in this state do not become tired.)
  • Superhuman Force abilities. (Ganner was throwing tanks and huge statues in his state.)
  • Immunity to pain and injury. (Jedi who perform this technique are immune to any pain, or the effects of any injury for the duration. Examples include: Functioning rationally and without a drop in combat prowess after losing part of the brain, immunity to poison, fatal wounds such as pierced vital organs such as hearts and lungs, removed limbs, and more.)

So when the Ultramarines are attacked by battle melded Jedi who are moving so fast that they are theoretically operating faster than light who can predict attacks and can see/sense through every other Jedi there and the Jedi are bolstered by an immunity to fear and all other Jedi abilities are bolstered to insane levels there is nothing they can do. Ultramarines don't possess anything that lets them realistically fight enemies with those capabilities. They won't even have a range advantage because the Jedi can move and close the distance before the Marines can even register with their eyes where they are. On top of that, even if a Marine got lucky enough to blow half of a Jedi's head off we saw in Barv's case that losing half of his brain did not effect him until his body was literally vaped.

Edit:

To add - Luke Skywalker, using the Force, was capable of defeating a full on Celestial (a God) in single combat. I am pretty sure that a Force User could give a Psyker a run for their money. Note that Jedi can also instantaneously teleport (it is an Aiing Tii monk technique) over any distance and theoretically can travel backwards through time to witness events of the distant past.

Edited by ProfessorWalsh

Keep in mind the strongest force users can also create infinite armys out of nothing (the rakata and its force tech) destroy suns and solar systems from across the galaxy (plagues) crumble entire ships into balls (any master) create life stronger than any other (plagues)

keep in mind that nothing the ultra marines have could survive a lightsaber. it's pure energy theres nothing that can withstand it. there are weapons in the wh40k universe that are pure energy that disentigrate entire armies and individuals instantly because thats what PURE ENERGY does...so it would cut through swords and armor like paper

as for defending against ranged a jedi does not actually move faster than any other person...what makes them seem so quick reflexed is that they see the future and are able to react to it before it happens. so any missles or anything of the sort would be known of and avoided before they ever became dangerous

a force user has no range on its power...if they can see the person and sense them they can effect them. they could be half a galaxy away but if they saw the person on camera they could choke them or mind control them - vader and c'boas both did this

though in the end it is impossible to know who would win as its completly different universes we can't know how the force compares to the warp. we know the abilities of the force are endless as are the warp but which controls which?

my vote of jedi/sith vs ultramarines would be ultramarines

however if we are talking the rakata and the infinite empire (the original force users) vs the ultramarines i think the infinite empire would hands down

Preface:

I will be using the full might of the Jedi on this one. I'll be using the Force Powers as depicted by the novels and the EU. I will assume that the wizards on the side of the Ultramarines can stop any "direct" wipe out attack used by the Jedi like a thought bomb or simply mind-melting the entire Ultramarine forces.

Force Powers that the Ultramarines cannot counter however are three very big ones. The first being Battle Meditation and the second being Battle Meld and the third being Surrender to the Force.

Battle Meditation affects the probabilities and the morale of people in combat. It would be much weaker against the Ultramarines because the negative effects on the marines would be mitigated by their wizards. The morale of the Jedi, however, would be highly raised.

Another power that would swing this is the Battle Meld. This is when Jedi enter into a hive mind state. Jedi combat efficiency continues to raise the more people who are part of the meld. It gives the Jedi, who already possess an incredible battle sense, even more capabilities to detect to, and react to, threats. On top of this they can coordinate attacks and movements at the speed of thought.

Surrender to the Force is another nasty ability. This particular ability is the trump card. A Jedi who fully surrenders to the Force becomes virtually unstoppable. By this we mean all aspects of the Jedi are magnified to frightening levels. We have witnessed lone Jedi defeating entire armies of Yuuzahn Vong, including artillery and tanks, while in this state, personally killing over a thousand enemies in one skirmish.

• Superhuman speed. (Luke Skywalker was able to move so fast he appeared to vanish. We are talking DBZ levels of speed here.)
  • Superhuman strength. (In this state both Luke, Ganner, and Jacen Solo exhibited extreme amounts of strength.)
  • Superhuman Force abilities. (Ganner was throwing tanks and huge statues in his state.)
  • Immunity to pain and injury. (Jedi who perform this technique are immune to any pain, or the effects of any injury for the duration. Examples include: Functioning rationally and without a drop in combat prowess after losing part of the brain, immunity to poison, fatal wounds such as pierced vital organs such as hearts and lungs, removed limbs, and more.)

So when the Ultramarines are attacked by battle melded Jedi who are moving so fast that they are theoretically operating faster than light who can predict attacks and can see/sense through every other Jedi there and the Jedi are bolstered by an immunity to fear and all other Jedi abilities are bolstered to insane levels there is nothing they can do. Ultramarines don't possess anything that lets them realistically fight enemies with those capabilities. They won't even have a range advantage because the Jedi can move and close the distance before the Marines can even register with their eyes where they are. On top of that, even if a Marine got lucky enough to blow half of a Jedi's head off we saw in Barv's case that losing half of his brain did not effect him until his body was literally vaped.

Edit:

To add - Luke Skywalker, using the Force, was capable of defeating a full on Celestial (a God) in single combat. I am pretty sure that a Force User could give a Psyker a run for their money. Note that Jedi can also instantaneously teleport (it is an Aiing Tii monk technique) over any distance and theoretically can travel backwards through time to witness events of the distant past.

Wow:eek:. You really read a lot of SW novels. Your post is a winner till now. Congrats.

Edited by Ivanblood

Preface:

I would argue, not all Jedi, in-fact a very small amount of Jedi can Battle Meld or Surrender to the Force, they don't have such mastery to achieve this.

But I will go beyond this, the Space Marines already are all these things, they are eight foot tall super soldiers that have superhuman speed, strength and reaction, they are born, they live and they die, for the Emperor of mankind, they all win, or they all die, they fight enemies like the Eldar Banshees that move faster than a human can see and yet the Space Marines butcher them in close combat,

What the Jedi can be with all those abilities, is exactly what the Ultra Marines are, considering the Ultra-Marines battled an entire Tyranid Hive Fleet, and WON should say everything.

They were created for the purpose of defending Mankind against enemies that the Imperial Guard cannot handle, ranging from Orkz, Tyranids and Necrons to the Tau and Eldar to even the Force of Chaos, the worst thing anything could ever come across frankly.

I would argue, not all Jedi, in-fact a very small amount of Jedi can Battle Meld or Surrender to the Force, they don't have such mastery to achieve this.

Battle Meld has been shown to be done by even fresh Jedi Knights it is not a difficult skill. We see every single Jedi in FoTJ engaging in the use of a Battle Meld. Theoretically any Jedi can Surrender, it isn't a matter of Mastery, it is a matter of being able to let go. This has been shown to be even easier to do when someone is within a Battle Meld so, no, this is theoretically possible.

But I will go beyond this, the Space Marines already are all these things, they are eight foot tall super soldiers that have superhuman speed, strength and reaction, they are born, they live and they die, for the Emperor of mankind, they all win, or they all die, they fight enemies like the Eldar Banshees that move faster than a human can see and yet the Space Marines butcher them in close combat,

Incorrect.

The speed we have seen the Super Soldiers do is not the levels of speed we saw from Luke and other Jedi. Whereas an Eldar Banshee can move faster than a human can see, we are talking people who move faster than Jedi Masters can see. So no, the Super Soldiers would be dead, especially since, at best, they can match the speed but they cannot match the precognition of a Jedi.

What the Jedi can be with all those abilities, is exactly what the Ultra Marines are, considering the Ultra-Marines battled an entire Tyranid Hive Fleet, and WON should say everything.

Luke Skywalker killed over a thousand 'Vong in single combat without even getting scratched, again, before even the Jedi Masters could see it. Sorry but your Ultramarines have never faced a full on actual God and Jedi have.

They were created for the purpose of defending Mankind against enemies that the Imperial Guard cannot handle, ranging from Orkz, Tyranids and Necrons to the Tau and Eldar to even the Force of Chaos, the worst thing anything could ever come across frankly.[/color]

Luke Skywalker, in single combat, defeated the Bringer of Chaos. Again I state THE BRINGER OF CHAOS the thing that the "Force of Chaos" would bow down to and worship. On top of that he wasn't the only one to accomplish this feat.

I fear that you underestimate the Jedi and overestimate the Ultramarines.

220 Star Wars novels read! My life has been spent in preparation for this moment. I can now die a happy man.

:)

Equally it´s a bit unfair. SW novels outnumber greatly the W40K ones. Beside every new author try to invent a new power for jedis exagerating greatly the force power.

I could write a novel where a jedi thinks and defeat a galaxy with his thought.:D My novel would be incorporated to SW library and a such power would be attached forever to jedis.

I think we should remove Luke Skywalker powers from the debate because is too overpowered with 200 novels. Let´s shape a standard powerful jedi and pit him againts an ultramarine.

Edited by Ivanblood

Battle Meld has been shown to be done by even fresh Jedi Knights it is not a difficult skill. We see every single Jedi in FoTJ engaging in the use of a Battle Meld. Theoretically any Jedi can Surrender, it isn't a matter of Mastery, it is a matter of being able to let go. This has been shown to be even easier to do when someone is within a Battle Meld so, no, this is theoretically possible.

Fair enough I will cede this.

Incorrect.

The speed we have seen the Super Soldiers do is not the levels of speed we saw from Luke and other Jedi. Whereas an Eldar Banshee can move faster than a human can see, we are talking people who move faster than Jedi Masters can see. So no, the Super Soldiers would be dead, especially since, at best, they can match the speed but they cannot match the precognition of a Jedi.

Luke Skywalker killed over a thousand 'Vong in single combat without even getting scratched, again, before even the Jedi Masters could see it. Sorry but your Ultramarines have never faced a full on actual God and Jedi have.

Alas, this is Luke Skywalker we are talking about, the most powerful Light Sider of all time, not your average Jedi, they may have similar abilities, but nowhere near the type of mastery over the force that Luke wields.

Oh and yes they have, a few times actually, it's called Chaos.

Luke Skywalker, in single combat, defeated the Bringer of Chaos. Again I state THE BRINGER OF CHAOS the thing that the "Force of Chaos" would bow down to and worship. On top of that he wasn't the only one to accomplish this feat.

I fear that you underestimate the Jedi and overestimate the Ultramarines.

No, the Forces of Chaos are merely the minions to the Chaos Gods, the eternal enemy that just one of wiped out an entire galaxy spanning Empire, the type of Empire that could do basically anything you can imagine, they were called the Eldar empire, but their excessive lust and passions brought about the birth of the Chaos God Slaanesh, the prince of excess, the princess of desires and in a moment, that Empire was practically wiped out.

That was the weakest of the Chaos Gods, I cannot even imagine what the births of the other gods would have been like.

If a force of Jedi were to meet the infinite legions of Khorne the Blood God, they would not stand a chance, this is literally fighting against hell itself, legions of Bloodletters, led by Bloodthirsters, nothing Star Wars has ever gotten close to seeing.

Yet the Space Marines, particularly the Grey knights have managed to quell such Daemonic Incursions, because they are the Space Marines, they are made to battle anything and everything, Khorne makes Abeloth look like an Emo kid with a gun.

I used to like Warhammer 40,000 but my favourite force has been turned into a joke, so I stopped a long time ago, but I do remember clearly the lore for the universe, and objectively I don't see a way for the Jedi to win.

I know what kinds of things the Jedi can pull out at their strongest, but all it would take is Ultramarines Chapter Master Marneus Calgar and his personal force to wipe out the Jedi, Calgar and the First Company make other Space Marines look like Ewoks lol.

Equally it´s a bit unfair. SW novels outnumber greatly the W40K ones. Beside every new author try to invent a new power for jedis exagerating greatly the force power.

I could write a novel where a jedi thinks and defeat a galaxy with his thought.:D My novel would be incorporated to SW library and a such power would be attached forever to jedis.

I think we should remove Luke Skywalker powers from the debate because is too overpowered with 200 novels. Let´s shape a standard powerful jedi and pit him againts an ultramarine.

I don't see how The Force can be overpowered, when there hasn't been any limits on what it can do. Its just there.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

None of the abilities were solely used by Luke Skywalker that I demonstrated. Barv, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Ganner, and many more.

We can't really exclude Jedi powers from a fight where Jedi are present. Unless you want to get to how unrealistic and impossible the powers presented in Warhammer are. Warhammer is all about the power creep and each book and supplement they come up with just jacks that even further out of the realm of reality.

So long as you are going to use the Ultramarines at full power then we have the right to use Jedi at full power.

One comment regarding battle mediation Bastilla Shan used it and that is why Darth Malak was hunting her for that power.

A jedi could learn those force powers if they would open themselves up to the force so saying that you want to remove Luke Skywalker powers from the debate when they are not actually his. They belong to the force and if a jedi is willing to open themselves up to the force they could accomplish the same powers and even more.

Edited by casi

There are many more novels in the Black LIBRARY than Star Wars has, I assure you that, believe me, the amount of books in the Black Library is immense in scope.