The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any word about the amount of stuns in the game?

DarthMaulUK

yea straight from the devs i heard the word its BIRD! bird! bird! bird!, bird! birds! the word!

no but for real cc in this game is not horrible only think i would change is your cc breaker should have a 2 sec immunity so its not just usefull when resolve is full.

oo republic fan boy toes stepped on here. I wonder why.

So watching a smuggler come out of stealth behind you, hit you for 3.5k, stun u, hit you again, stun you...dead is acceptable?

3 stuns is too much for ANY class. And like most classes, only have 1 break. The last time I checked 1 isnt a greater number than 3.

And if the cooldowns have been increased, see how it plays out.

And yes, i can deal with them on a 1-1 fight thank you.

Stuns are crucial for certain classes to play their role and win fights...

Are you trying to say because gunslingers have 3 stuns we should all have 3 breaks.... What the hell is the point of having the stuns?

Resolve having a 2-3 second immunity is a great idea IMO

So watching a smuggler come out of stealth behind you, hit you for 3.5k, stun u, hit you again, stun you...dead is acceptable?

3 stuns is too much for ANY class. And like most classes, only have 1 break. The last time I checked 1 isnt a greater number than 3.

Dude, you are an assassin! We have the MOST cc/stuns in the ENTIRE game. Also learn to use resolve. Once your resolve bar is white, you cannot be cc'd for ~10 seconds (you can be ROOTED/SNARED but neither will result in you unable to use abilities (i.e. throw the Huttball, so many people confuse roots with stuns just cause they can't move, its mind boggling lol)

Save your cc breaker for when your resolve bar is white, don't use it on the first stun when someone ganks you out of stealth. Also as an assassin, FORCE SHROUD, I'm a little shocked (well not really) that you would complain about OPs when we have that ability that resists force and tech attacks by 100% (i.e. almost every stun/cc/pull/root/snare ability will be resisted for 3 seconds (5 if talented.))

Really though, people say "too much stun in this game", I say, "too much people not taking the little bit of time to learn their class and the commonly used abilities of their opponents."

Those stuns are the only things keeping a smuggler alive when he comes out of stealth. Do you realize how terrible and squishy they are when they come face to face with a melee opponent who isn't stunned?

All you have to do is learn how resolve works and use your stun breaker at the right time and it's GG for the smuggler.

And this is coming from a Juggernaut as a main so no "republic fanboy" here.

Edited by micnevv

Really? This game doesn't have that many stuns compared to most MMOs. The prob is it has a good amount of stuns but piled on that a crap ton of roots, pulls, and knockbacks. IMO the former is fine, the latter 3 are the problem.

Someone complaining about smugglers. I wonder why.

Smugglers have 2 stuns, for the third you have to spec.

LOL @ the 1 isn't greater than 3. You think you should have 3 CC breakers?

and LOL at the 3.5k hit, stun you, then 2nd hit and you're dead comment. Either you're lying or you're playing wz naked.

And last but not least (cap red letters for this one) IF YOU SAY YOU CAN DEAL WITH THEM THEN YOU ARE ADMITTING IT'S COUNTERABLE AND THUS NOT A PROBLEM.

/thread

Edited by TDRedmage

Really though, people say "too much stun in this game", I say, "too much people not taking the little bit of time to learn their class and the commonly used abilities of their opponents."

Exactly. Guy complaining about stuns and not being able to deal with them. When his class has THE MOST stuns and THE MOST ability to deal with them.