Gender Equality

Grubfist

2. I counter with the same thing regarding body type 1, ESPECIALLY female body type 1. It's so incredibly frail and ill-proportioned that it seems just as unsuited as someone overweight. You're always seeing female type 1 commandos with that giant gun and that's just as unrealistic to me, if not more. Can you imagine one of them going through boot camp without accidentally getting snapped in half?

I also agree, I think if at all possible, there should be different body types for each class, so as to keep them within reasonable boundaries, I know that is one tall order, but it would make more sense.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I love the fat body type on my smuggler. He is not an athlete, I mean he will get on his speeder on the fleet just to go from the GTN to the mail.

I would not mind adding more body types (including fatter females) or even sliders instead of the specific body types as long as I dont loose this body on my toon.

2. The more outfit the merrier. I will say I do roll my eyes when I see Makos running in slave outfit mumbling somthing about teenage boys high on hormones. Now if we add the male slave outfit I will just roll my eyes abit more often.

Gaaah these ----ing Slave outfits...

Plz remove them.... they are only in the game for one reasson i can think of and that is

Pervs and kids that dont know or have accses to ****.

If you want to make the Females as nude as possible...go make the same for the males or dont add the armor outfit at all...

it only shows the dev teams view on womans..

I dont mind skimpy looking armors but this one is just "wrong" and if i try hard i can even find it sexist.

Bleeh here comes the Male rage soon yelling ITS SEXY ! it shows ***** ! and so on.

/sigh.

Plz remove them.... they are only in the game for one reasson i can think of and that is

If you want to make the Females as nude as possible...go make the same for the males or dont add the armor outfit at all...

I dont mind skimpy looking armors but this one is just "wrong" and if i try hard i can even find it sexist.

Bleeh here comes the Male rage soon yelling ITS SEXY ! it shows ***** ! and so on.

/sigh.

im a fem player... and i strut around all the darn time in my slave outfit in my chiss BT 4 agent.

i'm smurfy and i know it.

:cool:

I found those outfits and the option of being overweight ridiculous.

1.Who in their right mind runs around on a battlefield in a slave outfit?

A Jedi shadow or sith assassin that doesn't want to fall on her face whilst round house kicking in a robe.

2.Our characters go through intense training and battle on a daily basis, why would any of them be overweight?

I have no issues with overweight people, but to make being overweight a possibility with our heroes is unrealistic in every sense.

Those outfits are an abomination.

Well male body type 4 isn't fat. Take of his shirt, he has a hulk build. The woman isn't really overweight either, she just has a little junk in the trunk. Go walk down the isle at walmart, you will see much worse.

A Jedi shadow or sith assassin that doesn't want to fall on her face whilst round house kicking in a robe.

Well male body type 4 isn't fat. Take of his shirt, he has a hulk build. The woman isn't really overweight either, she just has a little junk in the trunk. Go walk down the isle at walmart, you will see much worse.

They are overweight lol. You're confusing overweight with obese. Which would be pretty funny :p Obese Sith

im a fem player... and i strut around all the darn time in my slave outfit in my chiss BT 4 agent.

i'm smurfy and i know it.

:cool:

Yes, i do own one myself "Sadly" and i understand the "sexyness" of it.

But sick of this "Females should be nude and only sex object" look that most ppl see in these outfits. and belive me that IS the only reasson a male player would wear them for...

As said i have nothing against skimpy outfits but atleast give us something that covers abit more of our body. a miniskirt would even make it look Better.

just a question IF you have a slave outfit IRL would you use it in public everyday? i know i wouldnt. :p

Because the slave leia skirt is closely tied to starwars and is considerd normal for females to wear.

Social norms exist IRL that carry over to fantasy games. Certain demographics can complain about this all they want but it won't be changed.

You won't find they will ever allow a male IG to wear the skirt, why? Because it would be creepy. Is this sexist? Possibly, but irrelevant to what I(and most people) consider to be creepy/not-socially acceptabe.

Because the slave leia skirt is closely tied to starwars and is considerd normal for females to wear.

Social norms exist IRL that carry over to fantasy games. Certain demographics can complain about this all they want but it won't be changed.

You won't find they will ever allow a male IG to wear the skirt, why? Because it would be creepy. Is this sexist? Possibly, but irrelevant to what I(and most people) consider to be creepy/not-socially acceptabe.

Well a male in Slave outfit would make my day and i would never stop laugh so i vote a yes for that :p

i dont want a miniskirt for the males... i want one for the females... why would i ever want one for a male.... not even close to as funny as slave outfits. xD

Edit and yes now im just trollin.

Edited by wezzlan

I'd love to see my lady in one, that's for damn sure! :D

if i had my char's body...i admit it, i would be a stripper.

just a cheesecake catwalk n' poledance show one, but with that bod, i could get into the classier establisments easy :3

but alas i dont... so i will wear conservative clothing

I just have to ask.. WHY? your telling me for real that you owuld wear a slave outfit at your local mall or when going out in public a saturday night ?... thats just wierd.

Np at home or to live up to some fantasy your BF got but in public.. O.o

and why would you be a stripper if you had your toons body :s

If your a woman that just makes it sad that your fantasy living is being a stripper :confused:

Well we still have the issue that Slave outfits in combat makes no sense noone ever walk in to combat wearing this :s not unless you got a death wish.

Uh, no. Body type 4 has clear muscle definition.

Too lazy for my own screenshot

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=380263&page=4

What most people seem to think body type 4 looks like.

Okay, then let's call them "thick"

Regardless, there are no such "think" bodytypes for females. Even the body type 4 for them is athletic. What's so horrible about women being able to actually have weight?

Seriously. The female body types go from "stick" to "supermodel".

Women are capable of being heavy, too.

I just have to ask.. WHY? your telling me for real that you owuld wear a slave outfit at your local mall or when going out in public a saturday night ?... thats just wierd.

If your a woman that just makes it sad that your fantasy living is being a stripper :confused:

Well we still have the issue that Slave outfits in combat makes no sense noone ever walk in to combat wearing this :s not unless you got a death wish.

I don't imagine many women would have a desire to be a stripper over anything else, but why not? It's one of the few truly honest jobs that exist. People come in expecting to see TNA and a dance, and they pay for just that. So, they get just that. Honestly, I commend women who are exotic dancers for taking advantage of my fellow males.

The slave outfit is iconic. It is a part of the Star Wars lore. And let's face it, out of the many many games out there, this game is one of the few that have very few outfits which actually show skin. It's good, don't get me wrong. I've grown tired of watching my characters wearing barely anything at all.

This game still has to sit at some standards which they are still playing catch-up on. One of those standards however is to have at least the option of scantily clad female characters. It's what the majority of gamers want, so games give them just that.

I still say, that it would be really nice to have a sexy outfit for the guys.

Perhaps something that's not as ornate as the slave girl outfit, but reveals just as much skin. It's only fair, and it would suit some of my characters, and how I wish to dress their companions, and I know I'm not alone on this.

I mean it's 2012, you'd think we'd be closer to equality in these matters...by now... :confused:

Edited by JediElf

My smuggler would totally rock a banana hammock if they introduced one (especially if it is modable like the slave outfit), and maybe put Corso in one as well:D I'm bringin' sexy back!

I'd love to see my lady in one, that's for damn sure! :D

Hope you have better luck than me. i've been barking up that tree with my girl for quit awhile with no success:(:mad:

My smuggler would totally rock a banana hammock if they introduced one (especially if it is modable like the slave outfit), and maybe put Corso in one as well:D I'm bringin' sexy back!

Hope you have better luck than me. i've been barking up that tree with my girl for quit awhile with no success:(:mad:

Put on the speedo and run up to a female toon and hit /flirt emote. :D

/sigh.

I'm female and I wear the top with no problem. The slave outfit is no different than the bikinis you see at the beach in the summer.

So, women who are confident in their sexuality and are willing to use the power that their sexuality gives them is also sexist against women? Now *that* strikes me as a sexist opinion. lol :)

cause i wouldnt be one of those nasty pseudo-whore ones, but an actual tasteful dancer. Then again, i'm one of those people that would join a side show if i had some tweak to me that let me get payed to have people gawk at me. My idea of geder equality is : shes not a **** if he gets to be a stud, both get to be studs or bust. Funny mindset considering i'm actually very reserved and never got physically intimate with anyone till 5 years in a relationship with a guy lol. Wait why am i getting into heavy convo, this is a game. people do things in games they cant do irl. or else we'd all be playing IRL

and quite frankly i've seen more revealing outfits on the beach/in different cultures anyways, and your char never gets cold ingame.

Actually if you would like at the ladies that are Sith they do enter combat with this and less so it does make sense.

take a look at Darth Talon for example

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=darth+talon&hl=en&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4ACAW_enUS361US361&biw=1600&bih=686&tbm=isch&tbnid=0_uQMduUOaOg_M:&imgrefurl=http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_081810a.htm&docid=dX9QcbOFCUyexM&imgurl=http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_talon_8.jpg&w=500&h=753&ei=Da5zT8XEGMrg0QHHj9H_Ag&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=563&sig=108339128973467867688&page=1&tbnh=137&tbnw=86&start=0&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0&tx=37&ty=78