So being a new 50 is basically the worst thing ever.....

Shrilokka

Farm PvP weapons and pull the expertise mods to put them in your armor. Or better yet, just keep queuing and eventually you will get your expertise gear. It doesn't matter how many times you die -that has absolutely 0 effect on whether or not you get your PvP gear.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone goes through this phase, its called "paying your dues". Get over it, if you complain each time something doesnt go your way you hit the forums with baseless complaints and ask for a leveled field. Its a leveled field if you stick with it and make the gear. No one is going to hand you a cookie, and most importantly, its a game, by design you can win and lose and you are supposed to enjoy it. If not then you might as well unsubscribe im sure BW will suffer a tragic loss from you leaving.

Exactly.

I was a tank spec fighting as a fresh 50 wearing crappy greens/blues/oranges. I got through warzones and geared up. And now that I am a Battlemaster, it is my turn to enjoy beating new 50's down, like I was beat down.

To be honest, I'd rather have it tough at the beginning and enjoy working my way up the ranks. MMO is about EARNING gear. Xbox LIVE is about running around on an even team (even though COD still has gear that is unlocked and that is the most popular game on XBOX).

Just like Hard Modes, at first it's extremely hard and you can't clear levels. Then you get gear and you walk through levels, you learn the fights, and you have more fun because you EARNED IT.

If you are going to knit-pick every detail, you have every right to do so, sure there were some who didnt (damn you must be a genius) but as a vast majority most did (I did). Yeah its a pain, but i dont expect everything to be given to me (i guess you do?). Its a game, some people will have more time to play and work n their character than you, thats life, if i wanted i could have had BM 2 weeks ago. Im in college, my life doesnt revolve around this so i dont know why you are so wound up about someone who worked for their gear beating you. get the gear and kick their *** (unless you suck in general, which is the case for some BM's since they had easy-mode until better players showed up).

I don't expect everything to be given to me.

Criticizing a bad game design is not "expecting everything to be given to me".

Your retort is basically just a long ad hominem, and it's improper argumentation.

Farm PvP weapons and pull the expertise mods to put them in your armor. Or better yet, just keep queuing and eventually you will get your expertise gear. It doesn't matter how many times you die -that has absolutely 0 effect on whether or not you get your PvP gear.

it affects the fun of playing the game.

you know, the entire point of playing a game.

Takes a week to get kitted in Centurion with some Champ pieces if you only do dailies + weeklies more or less. Daily takes like 2 hours when you pug it.

Pending on how much PvP you did in lowbie bracket, the BM grind is also very fast, I think I had valor 30-35 when I dinged 50, and took me a couple of weeks to gain BM.

That said there's a lot of difference between classes, I notice that sages/sorcs are extremely squishy while tankies with OK PvE gear performs pretty well.

on another note, how come no matter what the complaint people have about a game, legitimate or not, it always gets met with "L2P"? "L2P" is not a reason for bad game design.

Because usually there are solutions to the problem if people spent some time figuring out how the game works. This particular issue is not a case of bad game design. Centurion gear is easy to get (less than a week for full set w/ mixed champ) and will get you to 600 expertise (about 11% pvp bonus which is where you start to see DR set in).

Because usually there are solutions to the problem if people spent some time figuring out how the game works. This particular issue is not a case of bad game design. Centurion gear is easy to get (less than a week for full set w/ mixed champ) and will get you to 600 expertise (about 11% pvp bonus which is where you start to see DR set in).

Exactly, you just have to take your licks. SWTOR is a gear focused game.

me too. Cap tokens, bag sitting in my inventory, just turned level 50 with my second character this morning.......

pvp is not fun at all now with this level 50 tank. it was fun from level 10-49.

yea because you were going against level 10's without any abilitys.

Usually there are solutions to problems.

However doing <1k damage with main attacks in 2-3 piece cent and doing >2k damage with the same attacks with full cent is a a problem without a reasonable solution, certainly not a L2P. It's just a 'play more and get more gear' solution.

Now I'm not whining because I've grinded my gear quietly, nor do I whine that I'm wasting time because it'll be easier to get after 1.2. But it really does show just how stupidly terirubles the gear differences are.

Edited by MartyrLXXVII

Dude, you JUST HIT 50, and you EXPECT TO COMPETE WITH BM GEARED PLAYERS?

They've already made gearing up and getting gear much easier THAN I DID, when I and everyone else got destroyed and dealt with RNG. But I sat through it I dealt with it, and I got my gear the hard way.

You don't just get BM gear mailed in the mail at lvl 50, why don't you try working for something instead of complaining and being CLUELESS.

I don't expect everything to be given to me.

Criticizing a bad game design is not "expecting everything to be given to me".

Your retort is basically just a long ad hominem, and it's improper argumentation.

Welcome to mmos? According to you, the entire genre is bad design, so maybe stick to FPS?

Actually, I'm playing an alt that has been 50 for about a week. I know what the OP is going through and I know that there are solutions out there if one spent more time playing and less time QQing on forums.

Obviously we should be taking more of your advice.

Instead of getting to 50, giving up on getting geared, and coming to the forums to whine about it, we should go your route instead.

Which is:

Get to 50, give up on getting geared and come to the forums to ***** at people that are whining about it.

We get it, whiners make you whine about whiners being whiners who whine about whining.

Nobody cares that you think everything is perfect and that things are already easy (which personally I agree with) but it's really a matter of perception, and if he wants to use this open forum to vent his frustration over the system, then it's not really your place to come here shouting "l2p" simply because you don't agree.

Take your own advice and get back in the game.

Edited by Celebrus

That depends on who you ask. For some people fun in a RPG is progressing their character and overcoming challenges. If everyone was automatically evenly matched at lvl 50 there would be no PvP endgame progression and you would basically have a FPS.

Dude, you JUST HIT 50, and you EXPECT TO COMPETE WITH BM GEARED PLAYERS?

They've already made gearing up and getting gear much easier THAN I DID, when I and everyone else got destroyed and dealt with RNG. But I sat through it I dealt with it, and I got my gear the hard way.

You don't just get BM gear mailed in the mail at lvl 50, why don't you try working for something instead of complaining and being CLUELESS.

1) there's a difference between "competing" and "not having a reasonable chance".

surely you wouldn't think it's right to have new level 50's just automatically die from 1 hit. so you would agree that there's a point where it gets to be too big of a gap. some of us are arguing that it is too big of a gap.

2) there's really no good reason to make pvp so gear dependent, unless you count "having a huge advantage over other players" a good reason, which I do not.

As a healer I can confirm it can be. I've written off even trying to heal some tanks DPS that come in so undergeared and poorly geared they collapse in seconds.

When you hit 50 as a utility class you at least have that utility and positioning to keep yourself safe.

particularly if you didn't gear prep coming in and your going to be in the scrum the best advice is;

Arrive 2 seconds behind the geared players, bind target of target and assist off a BM DPS. If enemy is aoe spamming your probably toast.

If you are an interupt class you can jump the healer and 1 of 2 things happen. Our back is getting covered and you'll get absolutely pwned or you will get a window to disable our non instant activities(Big heals). Warning we may well kill you instead of retreating depends if you have decent burst and where our CD's are at.

PS if you end up using your disables and stuns to keep a healers back clear they are known to be more attentive to you when feasible.

Learning to use your utility abilities to the groups best benefit is often the best benefit you add.

( i ) Level 50 gear was easy & then became easier to acquire in this game.

( ii ) Tanks bridge the gap & contribute in warzones much faster compared to say undergeared DPS that hit like wet noodle. Figure out how you could be most useful tactically & be prepared to stay in guard range / taunt frequently / cc important targets to support your team best.

Guide: How to bridge the PVP gear gap for fresh level 50s in less than 2 days

OP: If you can, try logging on in the wee hours of the morning or early mornings. their seems to be less full BM geared WZ players during that time (at least on my server) Try to avoid the peak times for the school kids with no lives and the parent's basement crowd and you should be fine for the most part. I know it is not fun (I have a fresh 50 as well and it sucks doing over 300K dmg and getting 2 kills:(), but keep at it. my toon is currently getting her *** handed to her in WZ, but all i am doing is biding my time. Mamma gots the skill but no gear. Mamma gonna get some gear, then Mamma's gonna play!:D Edited by Angel_of_Cain

( i ) Level 50 gear was easy & then became easier to acquire in this game.

( ii ) Tanks bridge the gap & contribute in warzones much faster compared to say undergeared DPS that hit like wet noodle. Figure out how you could be most useful tactically & be prepared to stay in guard range / taunt frequently / cc important targets to support your team best.

Guide: How to bridge the PVP gear gap for fresh level 50s in less than 2 days

(i) there is no good reason to have it be this way.

sorry buddy. you can't win them all. i know it was fun to faceroll those lowbies with no gear or ABILITIES in the 10-49 bracket. but know you gotta play with people who have learned their toons. get used to it

OP: If you can, try logging on in the wee hours of the morning or early mornings. their seems to be less full BM geared WZ players during that time (at least on my server) Try to avoid the peak times for the school kids with no lives and the parent's basement crowd and you should be fine for the most part. I know it is not fun (I have a fresh 50 as well and it sucks doing over 300K dmg and getting 2 kills:(), but keep at it. my toon is currently getting her *** handed to her in WZ, but all i am doing is biding my time. Mamma gots the skill but no gear. Mamma gonna get some gear, then Mamma's gonna play!:D

Seems like there's some truth to this. When i get off at work at 6 and login to play, it is much harder to get WZ wins due the amount of kids still logged on. But when i play late at night when the kiddies are going to bed it's much much easier to get a win.

Edited by dagrouch

PvP endgame progression is a lot easier in SWTOR than PvE endgame.

lol

End game progression in this game is a joke whether PvP or PvE.

Being able to leap directly from hitting level 50 to getting Rakata drops the same *********** day isn't progression. Neither is it hard.

(i) there is no good reason to have it be this way.

It's called progression and it's one of the features that separates a MMORPG from a MFPS. You either do what it takes to keep up with the big dogs or you stay on the porch with the puppies. In the case of SWTOR that means you need to get your lvl 50 PvP gear.

sorry buddy. you can't win them all. i know it was fun to faceroll those lowbies with no gear or ABILITIES in the 10-49 bracket. but know you gotta play with people who have learned their toons. get used to it

I specifically said I had fun from 10-49.

That means that I had fun at level 10 (although getting sprint at level 14 helped a lot).

Anyways, instead of attacking me personally (which seems like all people defending the expertise system can do), how about giving reasons in favor of the system.

Hint though: arguments for "it isn't as bad as it could be" such as saying that it doesn't take a real long time to get gear, isn't a reason FOR it.