Marauders Wars: The New Republic

AnarchIV

Greetings all,

I have myself rerolled a marauder then gave up, I was surprised when I saw about 19 marauder in a low lvl map, after that I made 2 WZ,

first team 5/8 are marauders level 12-20

second team 3/8 are marauders

Then I asked in general chat: who rerolled this damn dual wielding chosen one

me

Me

Me also

Meeeeee they are OP

then ppl were discussing about this class

In 1 month, most Lvl 50 WZ will be mostly marauders

sigh, it will remain till next nerf or forever "Marauders Wars: The New Republic"

Edited by AnarchIV

so now Marauder are fotm after Sorc got nerfed, in 1 month everyones gonna reroll something else, because they never learned how to play their class correctly, thus whine like crazy on the forums and reroll. What the hell changed Marauders to make them significantly stronger? Removing costs from interrupt like any other class has it? Buffing Carnage so it's nearly as good as Annihilation although that is still up for dicussion as the promised buff seems to actually be a nerf after some testing. It's almost the same class as it was before 1.2... what's so OP about it now? Most of the skills were basically brought in line with same effect skills other classes have, nothing more or wth did I miss?

I have myself rerolled a marauder then gave up, I was surprised when I saw about 19 marauder in a low lvl map, after that I made 2 WZ,

first team 5/8 are marauders level 12-20

second team 3/8 are marauders

This is what keeps me from rolling Marauder/Sentinel.

so now Marauder are fotm after Sorc got nerfed, in 1 month everyones gonna reroll something else, because they never learned how to play their class correctly, thus whine like crazy on the forums and reroll. What the hell changed Marauders to make them significantly stronger? Removing costs from interrupt like any other class has it? Buffing Carnage so it's nearly as good as Annihilation although that is still up for dicussion as the promised buff seems to actually be a nerf after some testing. It's almost the same class as it was before 1.2... what's so OP about it now? Most of the skills were basically brought in line with same effect skills other classes have, nothing more or wth did I miss?

No idea too, I think some vids of a BM Marauder slaughtering fresh new lvl 50 sheeps changed their point of view

Uhm, 1.2 isn't here yet.

lol they are not easy to play, and they are surely not overpowered.

They are so squishy it isn't funny.

Oh yeah they can pop some immunity and get 5 seconds or so of immunity and noobies freak out and fail, and then cry, but as a whole the class is a pain in the rear.

it is pre 1.2 panic that sorc and the other nerfs are going to destroy their loved chars for pvp and stuff. so they are moving to merc.. frankly from the pvp at level 50 i have seen. I see far to many sorc bh and with their constant knockbacks it makes playing a merc nearly impossible in huttball so thank god some people are choosing to play somthing other than a sorc

i don't see why changes even need to be made to marauders/sentinels. On my current level 47 sentinel i'm able to solo a level 48 elite when i use my healer companion. If anything its the defence of the sentinel/marauder that needs buffing since we are quite easy to kill.

i don't see why changes even need to be made to marauders/sentinels. On my current level 47 sentinel i'm able to solo a level 48 elite when i use my healer companion. If anything its the defence of the sentinel/marauder that needs buffing since we are quite easy to kill.

I agree in pvp the marauders are the easiest to kill since most other classes have innate healing skills that heal for far more damage than most maur can cause.. in pvp it isnt rare for me to deal out 1000-2000 damage only to have a sorc heal all of that like it was nothing then do upwards of 2500 to me back..ya i could have a healer but they are a healer:P... anyone who say maru are overpowered and that peopel just arent playing them right..how exactly am i supposed to play my maru then??

I agree in pvp the marauders are the easiest to kill since most other classes have innate healing skills that heal for far more damage than most maur can cause.. in pvp it isnt rare for me to deal out 1000-2000 damage only to have a sorc heal all of that like it was nothing then do upwards of 2500 to me back..ya i could have a healer but they are a healer:P... anyone who say maru are overpowered and that peopel just arent playing them right..how exactly am i supposed to play my maru then??

You sir are playing the most op class in 1v1 pvp and deal out 1k damage? lolz

Mara have been op from the beginning. Most people arent intelligent enough to play the class though.

This.. along with powertech pyro and hybrid sorc.

Hybrid sorc gets a good nerf.

Powertech pyro gets some nerf.

Mara doesn't and seemingly may get a slight buff (?).

Is it any surprise the masses looking for a class that is OP to give them an edge instead of trying to improve at the class they want to play are now flocking to Mara?

You sir are playing the most op class in 1v1 pvp and deal out 1k damage? lolz

I am going to assume you are a bounty hunter or a sorc...since the majority of them who have never tried a maru think that they are overpowered..

sorc and bh are overpowered. thats why they are getting a nerf.. maru arent.. seems logical there

What sucks about it is mara had a high learning curve for players, and that kept the flavor of the month rerolls at bay. But with the buff to rage and carnage, but esp rage, let's be honest, rage isn't difficult....and I'm sure we're gonna be seeing a lot of smash spamming nubs in wz's, but I still think this class will never be over populated like sorc and merc is. Most fotm reroll players don't have the skill to get their hands dirty with a mara, its easier to sit back at ranged and pick ppl off.

You'll def see a few more around, but mara is tough at lower lvls, and if these folks are looking for a merc experience at 10-49, they'll be sorely disappointed. Most will give up after a wz with a bunch of deaths. Even with the nerf to tracer, arsenal BH will still be a super easy playstyle.

Edited by mindriot

While its a terribad life philosophy, there is some truth in the "Build yourself up by tearing the others around you down" type of thinking.

When you nerf most other classes and leave one untouched ... or perhaps even a little better ... you effectively raise the level of that class compared to other classes.

People who PvP want to win and the strength of your class relative to other classes comes into play as well as gear and skill. If they can win by switching to another class they will. Of course, not everyone is like that but obviously there are enough to notice.

This is why I rerolled shadow, I loved my mara and wrecked shop on him, but I wanted to reroll because I know all of the bad sorcs are going to reroll maras and they will be so bad that they will just be sheep to the slaughter it will be awesome. And I don't know why people cry so much about the hybrid sorc nerf, deep madness isn't changed at all and I do very well on my sorc as deep madness, oh noez I can't cleave CL all day Whaa, some of the players in this game make me laugh

This is why I rerolled shadow, I loved my mara and wrecked shop on him, but I wanted to reroll because I know all of the bad sorcs are going to reroll maras and they will be so bad that they will just be sheep to the slaughter it will be awesome.

Why reroll? You can mow down the bads just as easily with your Marauder - effectively rubbing their noses in it.

Mara have been op from the beginning. Most people arent intelligent enough to play the class though.

Exactly this. It takes brains to play the class. I've figured this out already, and I'm still relatively low level. I'm enjoying it.

The average forum poster is just bad at gaming, or mediocre at best. Thus you can take the vast majority of class is OP threads with a grain of salt, as for every one of these tear laden threads exist, there are 10 others of the same class NOT having said problems in game.

because they aren't bad.

Why reroll? You can mow down the bads just as easily with your Marauder - effectively rubbing their noses in it.

I rerolled because my server was dead and me and my friends wanted to try a new perspective and went republic, and I didn't really want to be associated with the fotm, its the same reason I rerolled from my sorc. But I respect anyone's decision to play a mara, its very fun to play if you play it well, it was just time to move on