this item has no use

Bobinstein

how lazy was bioware that they dont describe any of their items?

i get that they throw in a lot of stuff that exist solely for the purpose of selling to a vendor, but if they are going to have a variety of junk items they should at least give a small 1-3 line back story for each. even if they just pull it out of their rear ends.

branding every single junk item with the same dull generic "this item has no use" is boring and lazy and annoys the crap out of me.

your thoughts?

i get that they throw in a lot of stuff that exist solely for the purpose of selling to a vendor, but if they are going to have a variety of junk items they should at least give a small 1-3 line back story for each. even if they just pull it out of their rear ends.

branding every single junk item with the same dull generic "this item has no use" is boring and lazy and annoys the crap out of me.

your thoughts?

That you should apply at BW to be the person who sits down and writes all these "small 1-3 line back stories" for each of the vendor trash items.

your thoughts?

My thoughts are that MMO players these days will cry about anything and everything.

In theory I agree, but in practice there are far bigger issues that Bioware needs to get to first. Like, you know, firing their entire visual design team and building a new one from scratch, that's going to take a little while.

Though come to think of it, maybe they can put those people to work writing short blurbs on the equipment.

lazy.. This QQ really is sc****** the bottom of the barrel and a good sign TBH if this is all you can find that really bothers you.

I am amazed that equipment icons actually look like the piece of equipment they are meant to represent rather then using the same generic item for equipment. Even down to two exact same models but with different skins having the icon colours give an idea to what skins the items have.

Lazy?

<SNIP>

your thoughts?

Couldn't care less, frankly. Why would I waste my time reading the description of vendor junk? Why would I waste my time even LOOKING at it whilst manually vendoring it when my Companion vendors the trash for me?

Of all the things to do to add to the game, this idea just has to be the most pointless EVER. If I pick up a screwdriver or old battery in real life I don't need a label with 1 to 3 lines of text describing it - why would I need that in a game? :D

Edited by Dibdabs

Couldn't care less, frankly. Why would I waste my time reading the description of vendor junk? Why would I waste my time even LOOKING at it whilst manually vendoring it when my Companion vendors the trash for me?

Of all the things to do to add to the game, this idea just has to be the most pointless EVER. If I pick up a screwdriver or old battery in real life I don't need a label with 1 to 3 lines of text describing it - why would I need that in a game? :D

everything i own happens to have a back story. and every now and then when i am really really bored i will indeed print labels with descriptions

your thoughts?

I have no thoughts. Because you broke my brain.

I dont even know what to say... This Thread is soooo bad...

If you think of something else like this please let me know so i can get a few laugh out of it at least...

QQ pst about stuff like this should be deleted right away... its a waste of space on the internet...

My thoughts are that MMO players these days will cry about anything and everything.

Pretty much.

And if they had written descriptions for the vendor trash, people would be on the forum raging about that - "OMG Bioware how could you waste dev time writing text for vendor items when my class is horribly broken and the game is dying!!!!!!"

I think this person is really complaining about the general existence and function of junk items, which I'd say is fair. They serve some sort of function in forcing you to occasionally think about the fullness of your inventory, I suppose...

I think this person is really complaining about the general existence and function of junk items, which I'd say is fair. They serve some sort of function in forcing you to occasionally think about the fullness of your inventory, I suppose...

It would be more interesting to make stuff out of them...like perhaps a broken hologram or something. You get some wiring or what have you, combine the two and create a working hologram to use.

Just an example, but I can think of a few things that could make junk be useable.

Without them, people would complain about receiving credits from creatures.

It would be more interesting to make stuff out of them...like perhaps a broken hologram or something. You get some wiring or what have you, combine the two and create a working hologram to use.

Just an example, but I can think of a few things that could make junk be useable.

Someone has a plan! Turn scrap into treasure! One man's trash is another person's treasure :cool:

Be nice having a holocommunicator. What else could we have with all the crap we loot?

----

All the little things add up to a bigger, nicer picture. Don't deny it, add little descriptions to each. Finding it trivial? Maybe so, but again - Little things add up to the bigger picture. I at least want to know what it is within the Star Wars Universe.

Edited by Subtrance

When I can go outside, pick up a rock and read on it "This is a rock, you can use it to throw, hold down items against the force of the wind, etc..." I will support this thread.

Up until then, written descriptions on junk items are pointless to me, but to each their own as it wouldn't bother me either way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.