SWTOR vs WARHAMMER 40K MMO

Ivanblood

I know...i know...This clash is pretty hypothetic because no WARHAMMER 40K MMO exists. There is some negotiations and plans on behalf of THK but nothing definite yet.

But many gamers play SWTOR becasue it´s the only AAA Sfi MMO arround. Would SWTOR have a serious competition if WARHAMMER 40K MMO appears in the future.

In my case, I am a huge fan of both lores, SW and W40K, so my preference would be quite divided. Both universes are huge, exciting, and very sfi.

So definining the combatants:

On one hand, SWTOR developped by Bioware and published by EA.

WARHAMMER 40K MMO would be certainly developped by THK and published by Ubisoft on another side.

Both Bioware and THK are experienced developpers famous by their high quality games.

Bioware, by their RPGs and narative.

THK, by their best looking RTSs with RPG elements. Does somebody remember Company of Heroes ? Multiplayer of Dawn of War 2 ?

Both developpers are heavily PC oriented.

Both EA and Ubisoft are the biggest shark gaming companies capable of providing huge budgets for their developpers.

So.. if WARHAMMER 40K MMO is realeased would it be a strong competion for SWTOR ? Whould you switch the sides ? Whould you stay faithful to SWTOR ? Or the whole my post is stupid ?:D

What you think ?

PS. WARHAMMER 40K MMO is under development by Vigil Games. Vigil Games is an Austin, Texas based game development company owned by THQ.

Edited by Ivanblood

I know...i know...This clash is pretty hypothetic because no WARHAMMER 40K MMO exists. There is some negotiations and plans on behalf of THK but nothing definite yet.

But many gamers play SWTOR becasue it´s the only AAA Sfi MMO arround. Would SWTOR have a serious competition if WARHAMMER 40K MMO appears in the future.

In my case, I am a huge fan of both lores, SW and W40K, so my preference would be quite divided. Both universes are huge, exciting, and very sfi.

WARHAMMER 40K MMO would be certainly developped by THK and published by Ubisoft on another side.

Both Bioware and THK are experienced developpers famous by their high quality games.

THK, by their best looking RTSs with RPG elements. Does somebody remember Company of Heroes ? Multiplayer of Dawn of War 2 ?

Both EA and Ubisoft are the biggest shark gaming companies capable of providing huge budgets for their developpers.

So.. if WARHAMMER 40K MMO is realeased would it be a strong competion for SWTOR ? Whould you switch the sides ? Whould you stay faithful to SWTOR ? Or the whole my post is stupid ?:D

What you think ?

Is there any really good information about Dark Millennium? I was under the impression that Warhammer 40k MMO is still very much in alpha production.

There is very little information. I found some articles in gamespot.

"THQ CEO Brian Farrell revealed that the publisher is "actively looking" for partners to help it launch the long-in-development MMORPG Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online."

"Originally announced in March 2007, further information was released as well as a teaser trailer at E3 2010.[1]"

There is very little information. I found some articles in gamespot.

"THQ CEO Brian Farrell revealed that the publisher is "actively looking" for partners to help it launch the long-in-development MMORPG Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online."

"Originally announced in March 2007, further information was released as well as a teaser trailer at E3 2010.[1]"

Yeah I've been watching videos on youtube about it. Game trailers and such. Doesn't look all that great because all I see is one planet and a few bunkers.

What you think ?

I would totally play 40k. Orks #1

I would totally play 40k. Orks #1

Yep. Orks are number one.

And in W40k you wouldn´t have to choose Republic or the Empire. There would be only EMPIRE. For the Emperor.

Lol. W40k Empire looks very alike to SWTOR Empire. Just Observation.

I've got some high hopes for a 40k game, and some realistic expectations that is could get totally screwed up.

I've got some high hopes for THK. This company never dumbed down their games for a mainstream. And I expect that they reused the Company of Heroes engine for the MMO.

It´s one the best looking and optimized engines I know, exclusively made for PCs. I remember when I was playing Company of Heroes, you could zoom it in untill it looked like you played Call of Duty.

COH came out in 2006, and still is the best looking RTS.

Edited by Ivanblood

Hi everyone,

We ask that threads made in General Discussion center on discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. We have closed this thread as the discussion primarily focuses on other games. Please ensure that topics in General Discussion relate to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Thanks!