BW, you absolutely must roll back the zero credits for WZs nerf

yukirshiro

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is considered fun? Would you like to have all end game gear by just dancing in fleet?

If you can PvP on main and then support 7 alts with crafting without going outside, credit loses meaning. BW might as well makes crafting free.

Plus, you don't have repair bills in PvP while working on end game gear. On the other hand, a PvE player has to pay huge repair bills for their end game gear. Would you rather pay repair bills when you die in PvP since you want to earn credits?

Ya and PVE dailies pay out quite a bit more than current Wz do. The only problem is your jealous of peoples PVP credits? Go get bent. The 3 Wz in this game are bearly enough to keep PVP'ers around at all, force us to grind credits and seriously the servers will empty.

It's not like crafting creates a sustainable income either, as there's no gear degridation so... please keep your pipe dream of a carebear economy out of my Wz viability.

THERE IS NO ECONOMY... PVP'ers simply use our coin for sundries and lolz.

What if we Pvp to support OP's repairs like I do. Im not grinding unfun dailies to do what I want, you cut off my repair credits, I'll quit.

Edited by VoidJustice

I asked the same, but haven't seen responses yet?

Anybody? PTS test this **** out...

Yes. You get essentially zero credits. Check out the thread on the PTS forums too if you don't believe me. The nerf at level 50 is huge.

I didn't try with a lower level character so I do not know but I figure it's pretty much the same.

Edited by yukirshiro

How about you pay for repairs every time you die. PVE sucks cash outta you like mad especialy if you run ops where you pay close to 100k repair bills for a night.

Thats why they're increasing the amount of money you get in Ops by ALOT so then your arguement is invalid.

Has anyone thought that they might scale the rewards with player level and Ranked vs Unranked Brackets.

For example the level 10-19 bracket might see 30%-40% of the credits vs the 50 rated wz brackets receiving the full potential of 100% of credits.

Quiet! No thinking! RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEE :mad:

First time posting on these forums. I'm not going to waste time with posting a rant but rather just say....

/signed

You will lose my wife and my subs if this goes live. We hate dailies and WZs are how we make our money to support the FPs/Ops we run from time to time.

Ya and PVE dailies pay out quite a bit more than current Wz do. The only problem is your jealous of peoples PVP credits? Go get bent. The 3 Wz in this game are bearly enough to keep PVP'ers around at all, force us to grind credits and seriously the servers will empty.

It's not like crafting creates a sustainable income either, as there's no gear degridation so... please keep your pipe dream of a carebear economy out of my Wz viability.

Yeah credits from pvp weren't that great from the begining. Now I wont by anything else unless I go and do something pve, which will detract from MY gaming experience

Well, I'm going to go with the word of someone who actually tested it. That person says the reward went from 1300 to 1000.

Hardly pitchfork worthy. What are we now, fox news? Why don't you calm down and stop assuming things and look at it for yourself. We still have PVP dailies to suppliment the amount of money you get per win. :rolleyes:

PS tell your wife if she leaves I'm going to miss her in game but we can still see each other monday mornings while you're at work. ZING! (OK that was juvenile, but I had to) :D

Edited by Scoobings

First time posting on these forums. I'm not going to waste time with posting a rant but rather just say....

/signed

You will lose my wife and my subs if this goes live. We hate dailies and WZs are how we make our money to support the FPs/Ops we run from time to time.

^ this

Well, I'm going to go with the word of someone who actually tested it. That person says the reward went from 1300 to 1000.

Hardly pitchfork worthy. What are we now, fox news? Why don't you calm down and stop assuming things and look at it for yourself. We still have PVP dailies to suppliment the amount of money you get per win. :rolleyes:

Fox news, cnn, msnbc. Same thing. If you think they aren't then I'll make you a tin foil hat.

It doesn't scale any more, because that's about what I was getting at 50 yesterday. You get about 1k credits for winning and basically nothign for losing. And you get about 1/2 a level of EXP.

If you do the math, it isn't even enough to cover training costs as you level.

Edited by yukirshiro

Whoa, I didn't know they were doing that. What's wrong with the credit system as is? If I spend almost a whole day PvP'ing, I'll get about 250k credits. That's basically just doing the Belsavis dailies.. but with a lot more time involved.

Horrible horrible horrible decision. Looks like I'll be broke as balls since the only PvE I do is HMs and Ops.

here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=371775

and

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=368964

a lot of feedback and opposition to this change. BW stated they were pleasantly surprised at the amount of pvpers in their game....so why are you changing our only appealing financial incentive? 3 threads no yellow name, would love to see some feedback on this from the Dev team on this one.

Fox news, cnn, msnbc. Same thing. If you think they aren't then I'll make you a tin foil hat.

*THREAD DERAILED*

Why would I need a tin foil hat for assuming there isn't a conspiracy.

Anyway, I don't watch any of those because you're right they're all stupid (if not for different reasons and biases).

I rarely play PvP, but I don't see how this change would be necessary. You get what, 5000 credits for a warzone that lasts 10 to 15 minutes? It's a nice bonus to cover for expenses and stuff, but in no way, shape or form do I want the PvPers to lose that spare change they get for each warzone.

Dearest sympathy from a mostly PvE player. Hope you guys don't get that taken away.

*THREAD DERAILED*

Why would I need a tin foil hat for assuming there isn't a conspiracy.

Anyway, I don't watch any of those because you're right they're all stupid (if not for different reasons and biases).

Because tin foil hats are fun to wear, and people give you weird looks...

It doesn't scale any more, because that's about what I was getting at 50 yesterday. You get about 1k credits for winning and basically nothign for losing. And you get about 1/2 a level of EXP.

If you do the math, it isn't even enough to cover training costs as you level.

I guess it depends on how much you play as you level, but there are dailies in that equation as well. I wouldn't know for sure because I don't level solely through PVP so I'm out of my element but I do know that there was a discussion about how leveling only through pvp may have been too fast. Apparently BW agrees. If you're getting half XP and Half credits then the credit to XP ratio is still 1:1 and so the amount of gold you make per level wouldn't change. It would merely take longer. (This would mean that you WOULD in fact have enough money to train, assuming you have enough money to train currently)

What if we Pvp to support OP's repairs like I do. Im not grinding unfun dailies to do what I want, you cut off my repair credits, I'll quit.

LOL, I am jealous? So far for 3 months, I only PvP and play alts. I never stepped even in heroic FPs, let alone operations. I have done enough raiding in other games. But at the same time, I want to enjoy all aspects of game, except raiding.

I am being objective while you are just being self-centered.

PS tell your wife if she leaves I'm going to miss her in game but we can still see each other monday mornings while you're at work. ZING! (OK that was juvenile, but I had to) :D

So was bringing up your political affiliation.

You're misreading. Right now you level way FASTER, but get credits way SLOWER.

It is totally out of whack. By about the 20s people on test are running out of credits to train skills.

lvling up faster sounds fine to me. Lack of credits not so much.

I guess it depends on how much you play as you level, but there are dailies in that equation as well. I wouldn't know for sure because I don't level solely through PVP so I'm out of my element but I do know that there was a discussion about how leveling only through pvp may have been too fast. Apparently BW agrees. If you're getting half XP and Half credits then the credit to XP ratio is still 1:1 and so the amount of gold you make per level wouldn't change. It would merely take longer. (This would mean that you WOULD in fact have enough money to train, assuming you have enough money to train currently)

No, he said a half of a level of XP, not half as much XP. This means that you get significantly more XP now. As a result, it's almost impossible to afford your new skills as you level up because the ratio of credits to XP is screwed up.

Additionally, they raised the costs of PvP commendation gear. From the sounds of it, it's now almost impossible to afford the lvl 20 PvP gear set by the time you actually hit lvl 20 because the ratios between PvP item costs, commendation rewards, and XP are so screwed up.