Suggestion: Single target Fusion Missile

Fannyd

Hey,

I was wondering what you guys though to making a little change to the way fusion missile works in certain situations.

How about, when the fusion missile hits only 1 target, half of it's heat cost is refunded.

This way it will become part of the BH's standard single target rotation, giving us a DoT to maintain and reducing reliance on Tracer Missiles for DPS even further.

Its a nice idea.It costs 33 Heat.Would be nice if we got a talent in pyro! that reduces its CD and refunds heat when it hits less then 3 ppl.

3 Ppl no heat refund.

2 ppl 11 heat refund.

1 ppl 22 heat refund.

2 or 3 point talent that reduces cd by 10-15 second(5 second each talent) and add that mechanic.

Its a nice idea.It costs 33 Heat.Would be nice if we got a talent in pyro! that reduces its CD and refunds heat when it hits less then 3 ppl.

3 Ppl no heat refund.

2 ppl 11 heat refund.

1 ppl 22 heat refund.

2 or 3 point talent that reduces cd by 10-15 second(5 second each talent) and add that mechanic.

I can support this system in moderation. Heal refund, not so much. Heat refund, yes.

Hey,

I was wondering what you guys though to making a little change to the way fusion missile works in certain situations.

How about, when the fusion missile hits only 1 target, half of it's heat cost is refunded.

This way it will become part of the BH's standard single target rotation, giving us a DoT to maintain and reducing reliance on Tracer Missiles for DPS even further.

personally i think that you should use it when it is advantagous, and if you don't you accept the heat loss... i see other merc's using DFA on single targets or 2 targets regularly, i think it is silly but they do. These decision points are the difference between a great, good, or bad merc

i would be a buff to the class, but if i only get so much "buffage" then this one would be low on my totem pole, there are other things they could do to make the class more fun to play that i would want worked on and give us buffs while increasing the depth of the class.

notsureiftrolling.jpg

I'm totally serious. Of course with the CD on TSO it's not exactly part of the regular rotation, but it does see it's use for single target.

I would also like a mechanic that makes it more regularly usable for single target.

Edited by Pepperawr

personally i think that you should use it when it is advantagous, and if you don't you accept the heat loss... i see other merc's using DFA on single targets or 2 targets regularly, i think it is silly but they do. These decision points are the difference between a great, good, or bad merc

I use Fusion regardless of single or multiple targets, if heat allows, it gets used. More damage = win.

There is a helpful talent in the Pyrotech tree that reduces the cooldown of Thermal Sensor Override whenever you get a critical hit. So you can basically pop this sucker out quite frequently if your getting lots of crits. (Rapid Shots pretty much ensures a critical hit which procs the talent.)

How about leave it as it is, changing it to something like either single target would nerf it and making it cost more or less heat depending on how many targets you hit is just asking for it to be bugged to hell.

It's fine as is. As a pyro if you have so much trouble managing your heat that you need fusion missile changed, or if your using it so much that it's building up tons of heat... well, either way you're doing it WRONG

I use Fusion regardless of single or multiple targets, if heat allows, it gets used. More damage = win.

i use tso to get it free, with a tight rotation the heat never allows ... HSM does more damage, use the heat on that.