Vanguards and Powertech are OP

TyHeaton

on my 46 sent (rank 24) i wreck vanguards/powertechs. i kill almost anyone 1v1, really

Vanguards aren't really OP until they're level 46. Before that (but only at level 40+) they're only OP at killing sages/sorcs and other low-armor targets. They also scale to ridiculously high levels with level 50 gear. Assault plastique has probably the best scaling of any ability in the game, so the better gear they get, the better it gets (relative to other class' ability scaling).

But still, a sentinel should always beat a vanguard in a 1v1. Both classes are pretty ridiculous at the moment at high-tier play and the fact they're getting 'buffed' in 1.2 while other classes get nerfed is just disgusting.

its funny because when the game first came out everyone was talking about how sents sucked because of how hard they are to level, but i stuck with it, and now im very happy i did :) they have a very high skill cap but they take a while to get used to

Crap I got owned by a Ptech in full BM Gimme BM so I can compete.. Ho wait I have BM..

NERF EM..!

In fact in PvP was balanced I shouldnt lose ever cause I have skillz and equal gear therefore I DEMAND a nerf

he went down 30% then he was invisncible *** is it with that, this alone is proof they OP

anything not droping after I use my 1.2.3 key mashing combo has either too much mobility or defense or both dunno clearly unfair

why is that guy even alowed to run around with an hybrid class its exploiting yu shouldnt be able to run an offensive build with defensive buffs..

fix it nao

Vanguards aren't really OP until they're level 46. Before that (but only at level 40+) they're only OP at killing sages/sorcs and other low-armor targets. They also scale to ridiculously high levels with level 50 gear. Assault plastique has probably the best scaling of any ability in the game, so the better gear they get, the better it gets (relative to other class' ability scaling).

But still, a sentinel should always beat a vanguard in a 1v1. Both classes are pretty ridiculous at the moment at high-tier play and the fact they're getting 'buffed' in 1.2 while other classes get nerfed is just disgusting.

Assault vanguards/pyrotechs are getting nerfed to the ground in 1.2 many people who have played on ptr are saying they are near useless why the sorcerors are crying ill never know only vanguards/powertechs get that right

Assault vanguards/pyrotechs are getting nerfed to the ground in 1.2 many people who have played on ptr are saying they are near useless why the sorcerors are crying ill never know only vanguards/powertechs get that right

Assault is hardly getting nerfed (it's actually a buff for good players). They will still do the same level of burst now except now they have a guaranteed second HiB in their burst sequence opener. So instead of sometimes getting a second HiB on their opener like on live, they will get it 100% of the time. The only way it's a nerf is to their sustained burst/sustained damage because they will generate a slight amount more heat and do slightly less sustained damage. Also, with HiB resting off plasma cell, it means a vanguard can choose to stay at range more often if necessary and get HiB resets off their free-attacks plasma cell procs. It will also mean they can kite other melees more effectively because they don't have to shockstrike/ion pulse to get HiB resets.

The fact of the mater is, burst is king in pvp. Any damage that doesn't directly lead to a kill is wasted damage. That's why sustained damage is worthless against competent teams with decent healers. A vanguard can just stand around and only burst every 15 seconds and get a guaranteed kill every time. That's the very definition of OP.

Crap I got owned by a Ptech in full BM Gimme BM so I can compete.. Ho wait I have BM..

NERF EM..!

In fact in PvP was balanced I shouldnt lose ever cause I have skillz and equal gear therefore I DEMAND a nerf

he went down 30% then he was invisncible *** is it with that, this alone is proof they OP

anything not droping after I use my 1.2.3 key mashing combo has either too much mobility or defense or both dunno clearly unfair

why is that guy even alowed to run around with an hybrid class its exploiting yu shouldnt be able to run an offensive build with defensive buffs..

fix it nao

whoa :eek:

Assault is hardly getting nerfed (it's actually a buff for good players). They will still do the same level of burst now except now they have a guaranteed second HiB in their burst sequence opener. So instead of sometimes getting a second HiB on their opener like on live, they will get it 100% of the time. The only way it's a nerf is to their sustained burst/sustained damage because they will generate a slight amount more heat and do slightly less sustained damage. Also, with HiB resting off plasma cell, it means a vanguard can choose to stay at range more often if necessary and get HiB resets off their free-attacks plasma cell procs. It will also mean they can kite other melees more effectively because they don't have to shockstrike/ion pulse to get HiB resets.

The fact of the mater is, burst is king in pvp. Any damage that doesn't directly lead to a kill is wasted damage. That's why sustained damage is worthless against competent teams with decent healers. A vanguard can just stand around and only burst every 15 seconds and get a guaranteed kill every time. That's the very definition of OP.

yeah, its honestly probably going to be a lot better. i know ive gone the full 15s cooldown of rail shot without a reset a whole lot more than i would want. this "nerf" essentially guarantees a reset every 6-8 seconds. id say thats not too bad.

yeah, its honestly probably going to be a lot better. i know ive gone the full 15s cooldown of rail shot without a reset a whole lot more than i would want. this "nerf" essentially guarantees a reset every 6-8 seconds. id say thats not too bad.

?

odds of getting at least one proc from a rocket punch flameburst x2 combo pre 1.2 = 73%

odds of getting at least one proc from rocket punch flameburst x2 combo post 1.2 = 88%

not that significant of a difference. pre 1.2 that would take 4.5 seconds to get one proc, now it will take 10.5 seconds to get that one proc.

our damage will be a LITTLE bit more consistent, yes. but we will also have less resources, less burst, and less sustained because of this change. now, burst i could care less about, never liked burst. but the lost to our sustained and resources will be significant, we will basically be basic attacking nearly twice as often as we were before.

Edited by Ryotknife

NEEERF everything..

set i hardcap on healing to max 100 /heal and dps max 100/skill take away stealth and armor too.. and the speeders too.. noone can have speeders.. and yes take away all skills and talenttrees.. yes no lvls either..

and everyone gets a spoon as weapon so noone can have an op **** its best weapon..

NERF EVERYTHING CUZ I CANT LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME AND I SUCK!!!!