This game is too easy, therefore nothing is rewarding.

downface

You mean: Welcome to today's MMO. People used to craft games with intelligence and passion.

I got a passion to kick your trolling *** back to farmville.

Did u not see 1.2? your opinion of the game does not speak for the other millions of players now get out for your own good.

Also you refer to us as 'sheep' as if we are a country spoonfed by the media when this is a game we can quit at any moment.

Like i said your opinion is your own so keep it to yourself and leave quietly.

Edited by Lordgeneral

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone else said in another thread, there seems to be a bunch of people that hate the game and are bored yet are still willing to pay £9 a month so they can moan.

I think it's a new meta game. They call it Pay-2-Complain. :)

Title says it all. Other games actually require skill and planning. This game is boring me to death.

Translation:

I'm bored and want to quit, BUT instead I'll post on the forums because what I really crave is attention, because if I quit I wouldn't be able to post here anymore.

Then move on to a new game. It's not rocket science to figure out, and it's ok to go play other games. :rolleyes:

Precisely.

I don't get what the need was for the OP to start this thread? Is it yet another boorish attempt at saying SWTOR sucks so I'm going to nerdrage quit?

So you're all just a bunch of sheep? Can't someone even tell me I'm wrong? LOL

OK. You're wrong. Difficulty is fine where it is. Maybe your expectations are set incorrectly. SWTOR isn't supposed to entertain you 24/7 and be a replacement for your actual life. No game is.

People who get bored or find the game "too easy" are probably expecting that SWTOR fulfill every need that they have (PvE,PvP,Story,Exploration,Progression,RP,etc. etc. etc.) every day all day long.

I could fill volumes bigger than Webster's Dictionary (remember when people used books :o) with criticisms of this game... and that would pale in comparison for the praise I have for it. SWTOR didn't meet all of my expectations either but I love playing it. I'm extremely impressed with the things they did well (imho) and I'm more than happy to pay my 15USD/month to play it.

A lot of the game certainly is tailored to have very little risk, but on the other hand it's far too eager to reward for the low risk.

One of the more fundamental factors for player feelings toward their play sessions is that there is a reasonable relationship between risk versus reward.... if this balance is off then the game will not properly give the right impressions.

On one end you got ToRs and many other MMOs problems where rewards are given randomly for doing anything at all, from walking down a corridor and killing a easy target and getting lucky on the loot drop and receiving a special valuable piece of equipment, to sending a companion on a gathering mission and getting lucky on the random roll and receiving an special rare crafting schematic.... making these things frequent and you turn special rewards into everyday things that are taken for granted, in other words the over generosity makes the act of receiving less an achievement and more something people see as owed to them just for logging in.... variation to this is where rewards are easy to obtain and require very little risk but you're expected to repeat the low risk activity repeatedly in order to amass a collection of rewards received for doing something very non-engaging.

On the other end, you have MMOs which isolate the average player from ever receiving significant rewards, and instead store all the good stuff in group exclusive areas such as raiding, player group PvP territory control systems and the like... in such extremes you end up with the average player feeling very underwhelmed by their actions and feeling no sense of achievement.

Unfortunately I don't see ToR moving from it's current position on the risk versus reward scale anytime soon, if anything Bioware are going out of their way to try and keep it the current environment the same as they introduce more group focused content, by introducing a wider range easily obtained schematics from everyday behaviour that have no risk involved.

It would seem Bioware have decided that for this games case the ideal environment is to make special items common place and easy to achieve, in an attempt to try and cater to the individuals ego and sense of being 'above the normal' by making 'rare' labeled equipment actually common... their not the first to do this obviously nor will they likely be the last.

Edited by Tikigit

I agree wholeheartedly.

I hit 50, and for awhile it was ok. I grinded Warzones to reach battlemaster, do HM Flashpoints with Guildies.

But it got old quick. I didn't even hit Battlemaster yet, and I'm sick of Warzones. The PvP is a huge joke as it is in most MMOs.

The Flashpoints are nauseating. Doing the same thing at level 50 you did at level 11-40 is hugely boring, with the only mechanical change the Enrage timers. No strategy. Just DPS your *** off to beat the timer.

This game sucks.

I never really took a step back and looked at it. I've always complained about the population issues, but when I actually look at this game, from the PvP system, to the PvE mechanics, it's just a really, really bad game.

It's outdated, sluggish, boring and hugely bland.

What idiot signed off on this in Bioware/EA? Probably the same idiot who signed off on First Day DLC for ME3 and that horrible ending that leaves the door open for "True Ending" DLC. Make money at any cost. Cut corners, reward laziness.

Horrible.

Unfortunately I don't see ToR moving from it's current position on the risk versus reward scale anytime soon, if anything Bioware are going out of their way to try and keep it the current environment the same as they introduce more group focused content, by introducing more easily obtained schematics from everyday behaviour that have no risk involved.

You say unfortunately, I say fortunately. There is plenty of high degree of difficulty in this game if that is what you crave. Solo some 2 or 4 heroics if you need bad *** play. I do that sometimes when I really want to work for what I get.

But if you want a diverse, energetic and vibrant player community you put a game together that is low barrier to entry yet offers a wide range of challenges.

Not to mention, we get people crusing through the forum several times a week complaining about the game being too hard and complaining about the timers on self-rez (meaning they are dying a lot). So clearly there is a wide range of players. With the IP, we are going to see a lot of people play this game that have never played an MMO before. They deserve consideration.

Edited by Andryah

A lot of the game certainly is tailored to have very little risk, but on the other hand it's far too eager to reward for the low risk.

One of the more fundamental factors for player feelings toward their play sessions is that there is a reasonable relationship between risk versus reward.... if this balance is off then the game will not properly give the right impressions.

On one end you got ToRs and many other MMOs problems where rewards are given randomly for doing anything at all, from walking down a corridor and killing a easy target and getting lucky on the loot drop and receiving a special valuable piece of equipment, to sending a companion on a gathering mission and getting lucky on the random roll and receiving an special rare crafting schematic.... making these things frequent and you turn special rewards into everyday things that are taken for granted, in other words the over generosity makes the act of receiving less an achievement and more something people see as owed to them just for logging in.

On the other end, you have MMOs which isolate the average player from being receiving significant rewards, and instead store all the good stuff in group exclusive areas such as raiding, player group PvP territory control systems and the like... in such extremes you end up with the average player feeling very underwhelmed by their actions and feeling no sense of achievement.

Unfortunately I don't see ToR moving from it's current position on the risk versus reward scale anytime soon, if anything Bioware are going out of their way to try and keep it the current environment the same as they introduce more group focused content, by introducing a wider range easily obtained schematics from everyday behaviour that have no risk involved.

It would seem Bioware have decided that for this games case the ideal environment is to make special items common place and easy to achieve, in an attempt to try and cater to the individuals ego and sense of being 'above the normal' by making 'rare' labeled equipment actually common... their not the first to do this obviously nor will they likely be the last.

What an intelligent and thoughtful response. Thanks!

Every online rpg I have played is easy. I see no difference here in that regards. Other games however require longer amounts of time commitments. Are you confusing difficulty with timesink OP?

Yeah, somewhat. But what I really crave is the risk/reward of Everquest 1 circa Planes of Power. That, I'm afraid, is a day long gone and not-soon-to-return.

You say unfortunately, I say fortunately. There is plenty of high degree of difficulty in this game if that is what you crave. Solo some 2 or 4 heroics if you need bad *** play. I do that sometimes when I really want to work for what I get.

But if you want a diverse, energetic and vibrant player community you put a game together that is low barrier to entry yet offers a wide range of challenges.

Not to mention, we get people crusing through the forum several times a week complaining about the game being too hard and complaining about the timers on self-rez (meaning they are dying a lot). So clearly there is a wide range of players. With the IP, we are going to see a lot of people play this game that have never played an MMO before. They deserve consideration.

Well said. A point of view that escapes a lot of people with complaints just like the OP about game difficulty, about perceived catering to casual players etc.

Bioware is a business. To be successful they have to keep in mind exactly what you're talking about and NOT take too seriously the high pitched whinning in these forums from what is frankly a very small portion of the player base.

Uh, nope. I got bored playing the knight about 4 hours after I hit level 50. Repeating the same quests over and over, just on different planets is not much fun. PVP is not fun in a game like this, it is not a PVP game. Crafting is stupid after you spend a week making a set of 33-40 armor and realize that its going to cost millions of credits in mats to make the next set. This game is just a grind fest with no real challenges. Nothing that makes you think, at all. The only thing that stops people from beating the OPs are the enrage timers... no skill, just go grind out more gear until you can beat the timer. F'n lame.

You're wrong to the extremes mate.

You choose not to try any challenges and you cry there's no challenge.

Try HM FPS. Try soloing daily heroics. Try OPs. Try to be a good PvPer. Try to collect datacrons. Try soloing a low level world boss. Challenges are out there...

This is a very casual game, and most who play MMOs are casual players. Bioware knows where the money is. I am not bored. I have a full set of rakata and nearly a full set of BM. Working on another toon. I have a toon on the test server I am working on as well. If you are bored, or just don't like the game then you should quit, go play something else. But there is plenty to do after you hit fifty.

Also, this is an MMO, which means they are going to continuously add things to the game. I plan to be one of those players who has everything. I want to soak it all in and get as much out of the game as I can. I say good luck to you OP. I hope you find what you are looking for.

I agree that beginners deserve consideration. But does the entire game need to on beginner mode? How about some veteran solo content zones?

8-bit NES games had enemies with more life than these NPC's. I just can not justify the game being fifteen dollars a month, if it were free i would not care. Almost feels like bioware is using that money to defend against the incoming blizzard lawsuits and from reading blizzard's lawyers are gonna take bioware to the cleaners,. Incoming court tv drama ahead lol.

8-bit NES games had enemies with more life than these NPC's. I just can not justify the game being fifteen dollars a month, if it were free i would not care. Almost feels like bioware is using that money to defend against the incoming blizzard lawsuits and from reading blizzard's lawyers are gonna take bioware to the cleaners,. Incoming court tv drama ahead lol.

What does bioware owe blizzard? "omg u made an mmo that is getting to big for its own good and now you are stealing peoples from pandaland? NOOOOOOO"

What a good argument that is

"you stole a lot of our playerbase so lets sue you"

I agree that beginners deserve consideration. But does the entire game need to on beginner mode? How about some veteran solo content zones?

It's not just beginners. The MMO world is not just the dedicated (by necessity) gamers of the UO/EQ era anymore. That all changed over the years. It's a wide open genre now. Beginners, vets, dabblers, "srs bidness" types, groupers, soloers, raiders, PvPers etc.

Some approach it as a game, a pastime. Some attack it as a challenge. Some want to just wander about, taking their time. Others feel the need to excel.

Devs. have their work cut out for them these days to try and attract as many gamers as possible (money!). They are, and will continue (not just BW either) to do their best to gather those for whom content suits. Problem is ALWAYS there are folk that are terribly efficient and go through content like a whirlwind and then are bored (understandable, they are done!) but devs are never going to cater to them as those folk can chew through content faster than it can be coded.

Maybe, someday, a dev house will try to go back to the roots, the EQ/UO roots but I honestly don't think that game would appeal to enough to thrive. Could be a great niche game though and, for those for whom the "good ol' days" are still attractive, I hope a dev. house does it.

You're wrong to the extremes mate.

You choose not to try any challenges and you cry there's no challenge.

Try HM FPS. Try soloing daily heroics. Try OPs. Try to be a good PvPer. Try to collect datacrons. Try soloing a low level world boss. Challenges are out there...

Challenging for you, maybe. Honestly, if something can be solo'd in this game it is not challenging by definition. Nobody is carrying around a bag of tricks.

To all of the fanboys that are always on here responding to these types of threads with "go play something else" or "stop whining and just leave" you need to stop.

For one thing, people are allowed to use these forums for whatever they want so long as it doesn't violate the TOS.

Secondly, people voicing their gripes with the game is the single most important function of these forums. Most of them want the game to do well but aren't finding what they want out of an MMO in SWTOR right now. If them voicing their concerns gets crucial features added or more content incorporated into future patches then I hope they never stop.

Lastly, if you think people on here threatening to unsub is nothing but wasted space you're wrong. As a consumer of this game you have a say in where it's headed and you vote with your wallet. Don't ever think your opinion means nothing, you always have a say in the matter.

Personally I'm waiting to see what 1.2 brings. I'll be making my decision on whether to stay or not based on that patch and if I decide to leave you better believe I'll be on here saying why. Hopefully it won't come to that but if it does I'll be posting to voice my opinion and hopefully play a small role in BW making even greater improvements in the future. I could always come back.

Edited by Arnathis

Veteran solo content....well apparently the 1.2 dailies on correllia will be much tougher than the current ones. And the new Operation will be a lot tougher than the current ones as well.

But truly, if you want hardcore stuff, don't look at western MMO's. People in the west often play for fun and enjoyment, not the ultimate challenge. A lot of people see gaming as something that is relaxing and fun. If you want tough challenges, well maybe 1.2 will bring you something but don't be surprised if very soon after it becomes easy for you. The way you play is just not the way most people play and this majority also likes to have a chance at some of those rewards.

You could say well tough they only get it when they do the work for it. But it doesn't work that way. More casual players will simply quit and then Bioware can pack up. That's just the reality.

I do wish though that the biggest challenge in the game right now wasn't all these bugged bosses. Without the bugs a better assessment could be made....but you'd be surprised how many level 50s still run around with green items in their gear....

To all of the fanboys that are always on here responding to these types of threads with "go play something else" or "stop whining and just leave" you need to stop.

For one thing, people are allowed to use these forums for whatever they want so long as it doesn't violate the TOS.

Ahh okay, so people are allowed to use the forums for whatever they want to say as long as it isn't "go play something else" or "stop whining and just leave".

That makes sense and does not in any way sound hypocritical.

Wait... irony... overload... cannot... contain... *bzzzp*