Pedia's 1.2 PTS Thread

ThePedia

So, since a lot of people aren't able to make it onto the PTS, I figured I'd try to help all you guys out with any questions you may have or anything like that. If there's something specific you're interested in, PM me, drop a post here, or whisper me in game. I'll be taking screenshots and posting them to an album, and anything that's specific to any particular person asking me a question, I'll post here what it's about. With that in mind, here's my album for this:

http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/Boltswiki/Pedia%20SWTOR%20PTS/

Someone asked for a screenshot of the new talent trees: http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/Boltswiki/Pedia%20SWTOR%20PTS/Screenshot_2012-03-19_20_47_05_950806.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you swallow sadness, call a sex line, cry deeply, and demand a refund when you saw these patch notes, knowing that they will most likely go live unchanged since no patch on the PTS has never been changed before going live? Edited by Howbadisbad

Did you swallow sadness, call a sex line, and cry deeply when you saw these patch notes, knowing that they will most likely go live unchanged since no patch on the PTS has never been changed before going live?

Meh. I wasn't expecting very much before they posted the patch notes, so I only felt a bit of disappointment when I saw them. A lot of the changes seemed to make no sense whatsoever, but that's par for the course given previous patches.

Very anxious to hear your results from the PTS.

I just recently rolled a Smuggler and went the Scoundrel route for a variety of reasons.

However, now I am seriously wondering if I should stop and roll a gunslinger. Im only level 17, but I was super excited to play a scoundrel.

I will be watching this thread, eagerly awaiting your results.

I am hoping, the 1.2 changes wont be that bad, but I think thats wishful thinking. :(

Only got 2 pvp matches last night before people stopped queueing. Not that I blame them...

Voidstar is bugged and never ends

Huttball is bugged and never ends

Civil War awards the losing team victory medals

Only Novare Coast (sp?) seems to be functioning properly (and is actually pretty fun. Small map size makes for frequent small scale skirmishes)

Got Fraps to work for the second game (Civil War) so I have that uploading right now to YouTube. Once it's done you'll be able to see what my numbers are like on the PTS with all the changes. I felt like I did a much better job managing my energy than I normally do, which is a good thing because I have a bad habit of burning through it by loading flachette rounds between attacks, not at all related to when I'm going to be using backblast.

An interesting impression that I got while playing is that while I feel like my sustained damage might be lessened compared to live, I was better about setting up burst combos because of working around the changed energy costs and increased cooldown on backblast. While it didn't have the build up -> burst combo that other builds (DPS Shadows, Dirty Fighting spec, etc.) have, it felt like it required a little more thought than 'This move is off cooldown, time to hit it', which is how Scrapper seems on live.

Then again, that might just be a byproduct of the healing nerfs in this patch. Healers didn't feel nearly as unkillable and frustrating as they can be on live. Anyway, I need to get some sleep for the night, but I'll leave the link to the video here so I don't have to come back and repost in the morning.

Still uploading right now (1 AM EST) but it should be done by 3:30-4 AM EST. Try to pay attention more to the numbers and rotations more than the gameplay. Some of the decisions were not my finest.

Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling. Night guys.

I heard someone said BW change shotgun/knife stat and bonus of our armor sets. Is it true? Are they better or worse?

They added some stats to our shotguns from what I've seen. BM Field Medic shotgun had some alacrity added to it. Set bonuses are still the same as far as I've seen.

Good to have a smuggler on the pts :)

How much is the increase of sucker punch and flying fist that Turn the Tables gives?

And how does the game play rotation and animation wise?

Turn the Tables gives a 4% bonus to sucker punch/flying fists.

The change to energy costs and cooldowns changes the rotation a bit. To me it seems like we're meant to set up our burst, building up upper hand and whittling down their health, then unloading back blast and sucker punches, trying to maintain our energy.

While its nice to have to work more than playing whack-a-mole with our abilities, I wish there was a more defined setup/burst rotation like other classes have, where certain abilities actually buff others. On the other hand, the lack of defined setup allows us to use whichever ability at full potency if the situation calls for it.

fEW questions

so you saying scrapper is still viable dps spec in pvp to take out healers?

and does scrapper viable for pve (flashpoints)+(raid) for exmaple i do not wanan play dirty fighting...

and could you plz screenshoot the fresh lvl 50 pvp set :) and the stats + bouns on it

Turn the Tables gives a 4% bonus to sucker punch/flying fists.

The change to energy costs and cooldowns changes the rotation a bit. To me it seems like we're meant to set up our burst, building up upper hand and whittling down their health, then unloading back blast and sucker punches, trying to maintain our energy.

While its nice to have to work more than playing whack-a-mole with our abilities, I wish there was a more defined setup/burst rotation like other classes have, where certain abilities actually buff others. On the other hand, the lack of defined setup allows us to use whichever ability at full potency if the situation calls for it.

Be inventive and have a little or no rotation is normal for us.

But a this point i see less and less motivation to still have positional attacks apart the opener.

We still have to manage to use demolition charge, thermal granade, vital shoot still cost too much for wat he does, quick shoot is kinda... boh i still find sometimens more reliable flurry than him, cost no energy hit the same time and has major range... and perfect to trigger the charge.

but i still see we have a crappy survival, a crappy mobility and now more less burst... so i still wondering what the bioware think we have to do.

Thanks for the info it seems like you are pretty neutral on the changes which makes for good feedback.

I feel much like you do. However, I can't get over the feeling that my scoundrel becomes less fun to play every time a patch comes out.

Do you feel like it's "less" fun to play now with the 12 sec cd on BB?

and

Have you ran into a situation when you just finished off an enemy with very low health and can't open up on another running by you cause you just used SF and it's on CD?

I know in the Voidstar when people are running, I often dispatch people and proceed to stealth and knock another down with SF even if it just slows them down etc.

*** in end of ur video there is sentinel who did 5609 dmg single hit ;OO

and you did 3500+-

now tell me why did they nerfed scrappers? i forgot

Heh. Duras is a beast. None of the other marauders/sentinels in that game were close to his numbers. I'm also pretty sure most honest sentinels/marauders think their changes are too much.

Thanks for this thread Pedia.

I thought the point you made earlier about the impact of nerfs to healers was interesting. Do warzones feel generally more lethal now?

still doing 5600+ single hit is way too much even for beast or skilled or eliest or w/e u call it

and i dont think part of beast is reason for 5.6k+ its gear + spec

taht why i am curious why the hell did they nerf scrapper when sentinel doing 2 shoot kills :)

still doing 5600+ single hit is way too much even for beast or skilled or eliest or w/e u call it

and i dont think part of beast is reason for 5.6k+ its gear + spec

taht why i am curious why the hell did they nerf scrapper when sentinel doing 2 shoot kills :)

I've seen a scrapper kill a guy in 3 hits.

Lucky streaks happen, especially against undergeared targets.

in 1.2 ?

Nope. Current patch, but it'll only get better in 1,2, right?

He used Shoot First -> Backblast -> Sucker Punch

In 1.2, Shoot First is unchanged

In 1.2, Back Blast will do more damage (both from base, and from talents)

In 1.2, Sucker Punch will do less base damage, but that's partially offset by new talents

So as far as this three hit combo, the gains are larger than the losses.

This is why I don't understand the current outrage. The initial burst looks to be a little larger than before. Backblast has a longer cooldown which hurts sustained dps a touch, but the better energy management from the Sucker Punch changes could maybe compensate for that. Combined with the healer nerf, it seems like Scoundrels are getting more dangerous, not less.

Time and the combat logs will tell. Wish we could get combat logs on the live servers right now, so we could have some comparative numbers...

Edited by Azaranth

Nope. Current patch, but it'll only get better in 1,2, right?

He used Shoot First -> Backblast -> Sucker Punch

In 1.2, Shoot First is unchanged

In 1.2, Back Blast will do more damage (both from base, and from talents)

In 1.2, Sucker Punch will do less base damage, but that's partially offset by new talents

So as far as this three hit combo, the gains are larger than the losses.

Wrong on backblast, 5% in barely noticeable, and the increased CD on Backblast decrease the overall damage we can have from this skill, and is a nerf even on flecchette round dot, becouse fist is up 6 second of 9 post patch he is up 6 secondo on 12.

And now backblast cost energy, sò is a nerf.

Sucker punch is nerfed by 10 and the talents.. compensate for 4%, so still sucks becouse still cost energy and upper hand, and with bacblast changed we need to trow in vital shoot to compensate the loss of the dot of flecchett for the proc of flying fist to regen the upper hand, who are 20 energy.

And as filler we have... quick shoot? really? better to stick to demolition charge and root us in crouch and trow a flurry of bolts.

Wrong on backblast, 5% in barely noticeable, and the increased CD on Backblast decrease the overall damage we can have from this skill, and is a nerf even on flecchette round dot, becouse fist is up 6 second of 9 post patch he is up 6 secondo on 12.

Cooldown doesn't come into play. I was talking about opening burst damage.

Edited by Azaranth

if bioware was smart they could just put buff on person who got attacked by shootfirst that for next 5 seconds he is immunie to it

and remove the cooldown

also add +3% posion resist to all classes and remove the nerf from resist

also remove 3% crit bouns from all warhero gear and

and not removing the 3% crit from our talent

everything fix

p.s what healing nerf u talking about in 1.2? is there some new buff in warzones?

Edited by xfightx

p.s what healing nerf u talking about in 1.2? is there some new buff in warzones?

Both Commando/Merc healers and Sage/Sorc healers are getting toned back a bit, especially with regard to their healing output in warzones.

Both Commando/Merc healers and Sage/Sorc healers are getting toned back a bit, especially with regard to their healing output in warzones.

so what the problem ppl will roll scoundrel/operative healers:) they got buffed and with 3 upperhands they can provide insane burst heal ;p