Nightmare Pilgrim Feedback/Q & A

Draxxen

Enjoyed your live stream, and then coming out to watch on the PTS for the actual kill. Thanks for posting some great feedback. I'm very curious to see what this leads to on our PvP server when it goes live. :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you mind doing a Nightmare mode Eternity Vault or Karagas then to test out current healing changes? Or are those modes not available on the Test.

(after watching the vid, I really don't see how sorc healers will be able to maintain an output of HPS required for that difficulty even if you were one heal down. This especially worries me on 8 man nightmare modes where you're going to be running even less healers to begin with)

A lot of sorc healers need to -see- the changes in action in difficult situations to actually believe the sky isn't falling, you know?

Edited by veyl

Would you mind doing a Nightmare mode Eternity Vault or Karagas then to test out current healing changes? Or are those modes not available on the Test.

(after watching the vid, I really don't see how sorc healers will be able to maintain an output of HPS required for that difficulty even if you were one heal down. This especially worries me on 8 man nightmare modes where you're going to be running even less healers to begin with)

I'll bring it up to the guild and see if there is interested in putting out an 8man nightmare run (not all of our characters have been copied as of this posting, so we don't have a full 16). Can't guarantee it though.

That being said, this fight was probably more healing intensive than any of the current live content, except perhaps when healing nightmare jarg/sorno in columi gear (from my own perspective).

One should anticipate that the new operation has been tuned to the classes as they stand post 1.2, so a judgement on the future of sorc healing in current content would be unwise.

Can anyone show up to this boss and help out and still get rewarded? Or is it first man to pull with a group will have priority on the loot table etc?

If you show up to the boss and there is a full group of 16 already engaged, if you get pulled into the fight, the stacking damage from the boss will increase dramatically and the likeliness of success will drop.

However, if you are not present when the boss falls over (one of our tanks was dead and running back), you will not get credit for the kill, nor will you be eligible for loot. This is most likely intended and needed, else you could cycle people in and out of the fight and undermine the difficulty of the encounter.

Also, anyone who "shows up" would need the 30 comm item to survive the boss's mental attack as well.

most of us would like to do this as well but you refuse to give us char copy and only give us patch notes that show the merc healers being nerfed into the ground..

Try to give constructive Feedback instead of QQ and mabye they will let your guild to copy characters.

They must do the transfers manualy for the moment, and because of that not everyone can have access to a character transfer to the pts.

BW is doing a great job with patchs like this an they are working at 100% to improve the game, but most ppl only see the the negative side of the things they do, idk why.

Edited by Edwardacly

Try to give constructive Feedback instead of QQ and mabye they will let your guild to copy characters.

They must do the transfers manualy for the moment, and because of that not everyone can have access to a character transfer to the pts.

BW is doing a great job with patchs like this an they are working at 100% to improve the game, but most ppl only see the the negative side of the things they do, idk why.

i'm guessing that you don't play a merc healer. anyways, how can we give constructive feedback when all we see is a huge nerf and can't test it?

i'm guessing that you don't play a merc healer. anyways, how can we give constructive feedback when all we see is a huge nerf and can't test it?

and im guessing you dont play operative and dont know about the sage/sorcerer nerf.

the only thing i can se on your quote is this " QQ they nerf mercs, QQ i cant play at 50s on the PTS "

Edited by Edwardacly

There is a ticking DOT that increases dramatically if you take more than 16 people into the encounter. Bio thought ahead on this one.

So this is a world boss? What is preventing a couple of people from griefing the op by attacking and getting everyone hit with the stronger dot?

I'll bring it up to the guild and see if there is interested in putting out an 8man nightmare run (not all of our characters have been copied as of this posting, so we don't have a full 16). Can't guarantee it though.

That being said, this fight was probably more healing intensive than any of the current live content, except perhaps when healing nightmare jarg/sorno in columi gear (from my own perspective).

One should anticipate that the new operation has been tuned to the classes as they stand post 1.2, so a judgement on the future of sorc healing in current content would be unwise.

That would really rock if you could pull off an 8 man... even if it's just to the Jarg fight because of how spike that damage is, it would show a lot. I think the community needs to see it (A current operation at is highest difficult) just to get a feel of how more intense //not impossible a fight will be in the future.

So this is a world boss? What is preventing a couple of people from griefing the op by attacking and getting everyone hit with the stronger dot?

A la Doom Lord Kazzak in Vanilla?

We don't know how the fight would be affected by players from outside the raid. The debuff from the encounter increases damage by how many people are in the group. This could mean in the actual raid, or just in the area. Mental Assault would deter anyone without a stim from interfering but if someone came in with the mental protection it's up in the air.

This would be something we could test, in about 4 days. If we could grab some methodical guys or any republic that wouldn't mind taking some durability to figure this out, we'd be able to give better answers.

There isn't anything preventing them per se. However, without the item to stop mental assault, they would be one shot within a very short window of time, and the higher dot would go away. Griefers love to grief, but not when it's going to cost them time and credits. The run back isn't a quick one, so they wouldn't be respawning over and over in the same area. There was time and effort put into this world boss to stop griefers.

Now, open PVP on the other hand, this seems to encourage.

And, on the topic of PVP, since no one has asked here, the buff does go into warzones. So, active larger PVP guilds with some raid gear could feasibly kill this boss, then do rated warzones for 5 hours. Min/Maxing at its best ladies and gentlemen.

I'm all for content that's harder and requires days or weeks to find the right strat, but I don't think this is the encounter for that level of trial and error. As I understand it, the "flask" buff only lasts 4 hours, so each day's attempts would require a new flask for each member. And each flask requires more than a day's worth of grinding dailies, or very rare mats to craft. If it takes you 3 or 4 days worth of attempts to get right, that's an awful lot of repetitive prep work for just one fight. 3 hours worth of attempts seems like a pretty good difficulty to aim for, with some guilds maybe needing to come back a second day to get it down.

I think the new Operation would be a much better candidate for "brutally difficult on Nightmare Mode".

How long does the 30comm item last? Does it last through death? Is it one use only? (edit: ok the guy above me answered those^^)

Does the 5h buff for defeating the boss last through death?

You mentioned that if more than 16 people attempt the boss it gets more difficult. What's preventing me and 3 friends (lets say healers) with "helping" (griefing) you while you fight the boss? What about cross faction on pve servers (with pvp flag disabled)?

Basically the same thing for pvp servers: 2 stealth classes open on one of your healers and instantly nuke him down. Anything which is preventing this (assuming they also use their 30comm item)? Is it possible to take 4 additional people as "gank" protection who dont participate in the boss fight?

I doubt you know it: do you know the respawn timer of the boss?

Edited by Zocat

How long does the 30comm item last? Does it last through death? Is it one use only? (edit: ok the guy above me answered those^^)

You mentioned that if more than 16 people attempt the boss it gets more difficult. What's preventing me and 3 friends (lets say healers) with "helping" (griefing) you while you fight the boss? What about cross faction on pve servers (with pvp flag disabled)?

Basically the same thing for pvp servers: 2 stealth classes open on one of your healers and instantly nuke him down. Anything which is preventing this (assuming they also use their 30comm item)? Is it possible to take 4 additional people as "gank" protection who dont participate in the boss fight?

4 hours. Persists through death. Consumed on use. Yes the buff lasts through death. As for your last question(s), refer to my reply a few posts up. We'd be willing to find out but would require some republic assistance.

As for respawn timer, we checked the next morning and the item to summon the boss was respawned. But that could mean anywhere from 1-12 hours.

Edited by arnoldlol

The 30 comm item lasts 4 hours, and persists through death. It is a consumable, one time use only item.

The 5 hour buff persists through death, although it continues to tick even if you are offline.

Inside the group or outside the group, the boss counts the people engaged in combat with him, so healing a friend or damaging the boss, you're pulled in and tallied. Cross faction we did not test, but might test in 4.5 days to find out.

You could definitely set up gank protection, that's a BRILLIANT idea. As long as they were out of group and not engaged in the boss fight, why not! Haven't tested this either but great idea.

You could definitely set up gank protection, that's a BRILLIANT idea. As long as they were out of group and not engaged in the boss fight, why not! Haven't tested this either but great idea.

In some of the larger PvE encounters in ShadowBane, "gank protection" was required. It was impossible to have a large PvE event and not have a gank squad hitting it. If you wanted to finish it, you better have had "scouts and assassins out".

I just wanted to step in here and say 'thank you' to Draxxen (and his guild) for the excellent write-up here.

The development team specifically cited this post as a great example of how to put together feedback on the game - constructive criticism, detailed examples and suggestions.

Bravo and thank you!

Man, you have audacity! You only permit a handful to access the content, then praise for them as examples of constructive feedback.

Really, not the most professional impression being given.

If we could grab some methodical guys or any republic that wouldn't mind taking some durability to figure this out, we'd be able to give better answers.

We are happy to assist. Very interested in finding out how all of this will fit together, as we're on a PvP server and I'm sure we'll be running into some of our Sith friends every Tuesday after reset :)

We are happy to assist. Very interested in finding out how all of this will fit together, as we're on a PvP server and I'm sure we'll be running into some of our Sith friends every Tuesday after reset :)

Would you guys be willing to wait on testing the Nightmare Pilgrim until our debuff wears off, then? That'd be amazing if so.

Man, you have audacity! You only permit a handful to access the content, then praise for them as examples of constructive feedback.

ummmm... im pretty sure that he was just talking about the post in general, not praising it specifically because it came from a 1.2 tester. The post was an excellent example of proper feedback.

You and your guild could have easily applied for the character copy as well.

Did you?

If not, no more QQ for you. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.