Will Champion and Battlemaster gear be nerfed for PvE?

AAmedeo

I have a combination of gear, Tionesse, Columi, and Champion. I am Valor 57, so I was thinking about going ahead for Battlemaster before 1.2 strikes.

But are the Champ and BM gear being nerfed for their PvE stats? Right now, Champ is better for PvE than Tionese is and Battlemaster is better than Columi is.

And will War Hero be better then BM for both PvE and PvP, or not?

I have a combination of gear, Tionesse, Columi, and Champion. I am Valor 57, so I was thinking about going ahead for Battlemaster before 1.2 strikes.

But are the Champ and BM gear being nerfed for their PvE stats? Right now, Champ is better for PvE than Tionese is and Battlemaster is better than Columi is.

Probably not. BM gear is not better than Rakata, and as their pattern is going War Hero wont be better than the new Raid Gear.

What they are doing is making PvP gear more relevant for PvP by adjusting the diminishing return on expertise (there is a post on the PVP forum now with a graph showing the change)

They want people using PvP gear for PvP and PvE gear of PvE you will not be getting the best of both worlds at least for PvP by mixing battlemaster/rakata gear.

As far as using PvP gear in PvE I do not think that will be changing. I use full champ/BM when I get asked to tank and I do just fine I hope they do not change that as my primary focus is melting faces in warzones.

I hope they make it so pve gear sucks for pvp and pvp gear sucks for pve.

IMO keep the pve and pvp as far apart as possible!

I hope they make it so pve gear sucks for pvp and pvp gear sucks for pve.

IMO keep the pve and pvp as far apart as possible!

Original poster here. Why create barriers between PvP and PvE. Would you not welcome a PvE'er that comes over to PvP, or a PvPer who wants to raid?

I both PvP and PvE. How it works for me, I have lots more time to PvP (as I can hop on anytime) than I have to raid (which is scheduled once a week by my guild, and I have to miss half of those).

So I compensate my lack of PvE gear (one Columi and two Tionese pieces) with my full set of Champ gear. I put on the Columi piece and one of the Tionese pieces when I raid now.

Original poster here. Why create barriers between PvP and PvE. Would you not welcome a PvE'er that comes over to PvP, or a PvPer who wants to raid?

I both PvP and PvE. How it works for me, I have lots more time to PvP (as I can hop on anytime) than I have to raid (which is scheduled once a week by my guild, and I have to miss half of those).

So I compensate my lack of PvE gear (one Columi and two Tionese pieces) with my full set of Champ gear. I put on the Columi piece and one of the Tionese pieces when I raid now.

Because the 2 do not mix well imo.

No i do not welcome pvp players in my pve. Matter of fact when possible i remove them.

No i do not welcome pvp players in my pve. Matter of fact when possible i remove them.

:rolleyes:

If you knew anything about PvE, you'd know that getting Centurion pieces (which are horrible in their own design) is a decent bridge to close the gap until you can a few pieces of Columi/Champion gear; the latter (Champion) which is perfectly viable in PvE and most itemization that comes from PvP gear is better than their PvE counterparts (i.e. the amount of Accuracy on PvE gear is insane; wearing full Rakata gear as a Marauder puts me at over 480 Accuracy).

Anyways, just thought that I'd point out that your statement is completely baseless.

Edited by lollermittens

Expertise is being reworked and making PVP gear way better for PVP and PVE gear way better for PVE. They are dropping the cap for the most part on expertise no diminish returns. But, the pve people going into a pvp match now in pve gear are going to be smacked even harder..:)

Here is a graph showing the diff in expertise diminish return 1.1.5 vs 1.2

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=256

Pvp gear in pvp is going to melt the faces of people in pve gear, but the stat changes on the gear will make less usable for pve.

Edited by Badlander

So, the PvP palyers have to endure when some PvE noop tries to play PvP, but we are not welcome in raids? You would take some new 50 with all blue equipment rather than a player in full battlemaster?

Thing is, at least right now its so much more convenient and faster to get into wz's than to do hard modes that a lot of people end up with Champ gear pretty quickly which makes Tionese kinda worthless. Makes the hard modes right now basically being run for the columi drop at the end. Actually makes ops more appealing than running hard modes.

That has to change.

Pvp gear in pvp is going to melt the faces of people in pve gear, but the stat changes on the gear will make less usable for pve.

I thought the whole point was to encourage players to participate in all portions of the game, and here you seem delighted by the division. And if you are right, the PvPers are going to stay in PvP only and PvE'er are going to raid, and never the twain shall cross.

I guess I will give up raiding, as I am too undergeared. I hate to be carried. And while I'm at it, since there are no rewards PvP other than cosmetic, I can give that up. And Cybertech is useless at lvl 50, so no reason to craft.

I admit it, I love sticking new shinies on my paper doll. And show them off. And I love helping my guildies to do the same. A little stat bonus here and there, felt good.

I will stick around hoping you sir, are wrong. I hope worthwhile achievements are still attainable by all the portions of the game. And whatever we do, it advances our characters incrementally across all play styles to some extent.

Edited by AAmedeo

So, the PvP palyers have to endure when some PvE noop tries to play PvP, but we are not welcome in raids? You would take some new 50 with all blue equipment rather than a player in full battlemaster?

very good argument

I am usually on every night so when I get asked to tank for a raid I do. They dont care that I use full bm/champ gear, when a piece of gear drops that I can use I always say give it to someone who rather PvE as it is not my primary focus.

i dont see why both sets just cant be good for both types of gameplay...

just arbitrary design decisions trying to force people to do what they dont want to do in order to be effective..blizzard has been doing that since they added battlegrounds to wow. neither blizzard nor other dev teams have learned from that mistake yet.

all it ends in is obnoxious players making fun of others for not having what they think they should have

"lol you have pvp gear you suck..go play the right way"

"lol you have pve gear you suck..go play the right way"

"lol you dont have the right tier of pve gear you suck.. go play the right way"

"lol you dont have the right tier of pvp gear you suck.. go play the right way"

how about we all just get to have fun without all the limitations ffs?

Edited by Anathar

It is separate and should always be

It basically ends the feud of why is pvp gear better then pve gear for raids etc etc

Anyone who played Rift as an example, when they added the pvp gear right around HK time it was BiS, so serious pvers grinded it out to get bis gear for raiding

You shouldnt have to pve to get gear for pvp and vise versa

So pvp will be best for pvp and pve will be for pve

Or in theory anyway, we shall see in practice

You shouldnt have to pve to get gear for pvp and vise versa

Another one who wants to split the playerbase in half.

PvP gear already is not as good for PvE for PvE (Tier vs Tier). But it did help get me geared enough to be able to go on a raid without felling like I was being carried.

So I guess I am saying, the way it is now is okay by me. I am worried what the 1.2 changes will make it.

Edited by AAmedeo

Because he doesn't want the pvp'ers to make him look bad. Let's face it, pvp'ers almost universally have better reaction times, better situational awareness, a heightened survival instincts, etc..:p

I've found ranked type players (match play PVP) to have those skills, but not the average WZ grind for gear type player.

Just as I've found progression oriented PVE players to have those skills, but not the average Saturday afternoon normal mode pugger.

My theory is that better players play better, regardless of which aspect of the game they find most enjoyable.

Edited by DawnAskham

I've found ranked type players (match play PVP) to have those skills, but not the average WZ grind for gear type player.

Just as I've found progression oriented PVE players to have those skills, but not the average Saturday afternoon normal mode pugger.

My theory is that better players play better, regardless of which aspect of the game they find most enjoyable.

Yeah I can tell that the guys in my guild really know what they are doing PvE wise, while I do not (which is great as I am the tank)

Edited by cycao

Don't keep them seperate. PVP gear is better than pve and vice versa for their respective intented play (pvping or pveing) but mixing the two I found nice because it's a good bridge closer for gear and encourages everyone to come play.

This is why I liked wow for so long until they segregated it. That's why I don't play that game anymore.

Expertise is being reworked and making PVP gear way better for PVP and PVE gear way better for PVE. They are dropping the cap for the most part on expertise no diminish returns. But, the pve people going into a pvp match now in pve gear are going to be smacked even harder..:)

Here is a graph showing the diff in expertise diminish return 1.1.5 vs 1.2

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=256

Huh how about that. The expertise crystals being sold until 1.2 might actually turn out to be useful :)

The point of this post is why would you grind hardmode flashpoints for Columi gear in 1.2 when Battlemaster gear is superior and easier to get. This isn't a PvP v PvE debate. I kind of see the issue the OP is bringing up here.

The PvP gear throws a wrench in the PvE gear progression.

Once 1.2 hits you will have armour at all tiers in both PvP and PvE that you can pull the mods out of, so you will be able to make combi-suits or create a suit for PvE and simply replace one mod to add expertise 9which will lose you your PvE set bonus).