The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So the point of rated WZ gear is...

Xinika

From what I read, anyone can get War Hero gear, the ranked stuff is just a reskin of that. But like someone pointed out, people will just use crit crated stuff with War Hero mods.

Well yeah, anyone as in there's no valor requirements.

on PTS at the moment war hero gear has a purchase price of ranked WZ comms and the equivalent battlemaster piece.

So one needs to do regular WZs to get the comms for their BM stuff, then do a bunch of rated WZs to get the special ranked WZ comms to buy the war hero gear with.

Then RANKED war hero gear requires turning in regular war hero gear + more ranked WZ comms (this is just for looks)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

np dude. Just get your favorite looking set. I'm going to find the ugliest noobish looking gear so I look like i'm level 10 just because thats what they want us to do and mod it out.

It really is fail, they want to give everyone customization options but they actually just took it away.

High ranked pvp gear (warhero) should have augments in it. What if i liked the way it looked? doesnt matter, go look like a level 10 noob instead, its better.

fail logic

Yes they took it away...because on Live right now there's a TON of different looking players. Oh that's right, EVERYONE looks the same within their respective classes.

And they are adding a ton of orange items in 1.2 as well as the ability to re-engineer epic items to crit craft them into oranges.

Xinraka -- I like you dude. But no offense, but I don't believe you when you say you don't care about ego. Why else would you be on version 5 of your PvP videos within a month span of time. You care what people think about you AND your skill level. And guess what, there's NOTHING wrong with that.

Rated gear is a BONUS--just like valor from here on out (btw there will be mounts/title associated with that stuff).

Your ELO ranking will show how good you are--and that can't be disputed.

Edited by FINALBOSS

Yes they took it away...because on Live right now there's a TON of different looking players. Oh that's right, EVERYONE looks the same within their respective classes.

And they are adding a ton of orange items in 1.2 as well as the ability to re-engineer epic items to crit craft them into oranges.

I know, I understand that. I'm simply saying for "equal footing" the War Hero stuff should have augments too. But who knows, who cares, I'm going to play anyway sooooooo lol

So if it doesn't make a difference then have fun wearing your ranked WH gear because it makes you look better than other players.:):):):)

ololololololol

Are we watching the same sets? In the game that called Star Wars the Old Republic?

omg!!!!! When you say it makes u look better than other players...plz have the Jedi knight helm in mind , lol.

I know, I understand that. I'm simply saying for "equal footing" the War Hero stuff should have augments too. But who knows, who cares, I'm going to play anyway sooooooo lol

My guess is the rated stuff isn't finished just yet--I'd imagine it would have an augment slot on it...at least it should.

So this way if you LIKE the look of the PvP armor, you can work towards the rated gear to get those augment slots.

Although I'm pretty sure you can just re-engineer the PvP armor and crit it into oranges anyways.

...for looks? Seems like a waste of time.

Edit: Have fun wearing your ranked WH gear because it makes you look better than other players. I will be wearing those nifty, nifty liddle level 10 oranges.:):):)

No need to read further, I'm sure someone has already replied with a "This is a RPG" game. If this is your first.. which it sounds like it is. One of the things you do in a RPG game is collect gear, and collecting gear that is a bit more rare, so that the whole of your class doesn't look exactly like you worldofwarcraft is an awesome thing to do.

No need to read further, I'm sure someone has already replied with a "This is a RPG" game. If this is your first.. which it sounds like it is. One of the things you do in a RPG game is collect gear, and collecting gear that is a bit more rare, so that the whole of your class doesn't look exactly like you worldofwarcraft is an awesome thing to do.

Lol did you even read?;)

What I usually saw on wow and willusually happen here if the gear for ranked is better people will be selling rank for cash pretty soon.

Plus the joys of joining a normal warzone with a full ranked team and farming the hell of non ranked people. Which already happens anyway just join in your greens and oranges with no expertise in a new 50 and meet a team of opposing geared bms. Add better yet ranked gear and you will figure out the result.

I have noproblemwith this migth be really for the best. Give us titles,mounts and nice cosmetics itens and let the best team win.

Of course I read your post your main point was, why the hell do you go for the rated version of the armor.. for looks? And that it's a waste of time..

Yes you do get it for looks.. this is a major point of an RPG game.. what don't you get?

Edited by Deamian

Of course I read your post your main point was, why the hell do you go for the rated version of the armor.. for looks? And that it's a waste of time..

Yes you do get it for looks.. this is a major point of an RPG game.. what don't you get?

You still... don't get it... I'll correct the OP since I have to hold your hand all the way.

You still... don't get it... I'll correct the OP since I have to hold your hand all the way.

Yes people will get it for looks, you are really just trying to play the game for others.. like so many other sensitive mmo players do.. just don't.. and enjoy the game for yourself.. you came here questioning something on a forum that is BLATANTLY obvious for most non drama driven humans, to see your words typed out all pretty, and stir up some drama for your day.

There you go, are you well fed? 9 pages to an obvious topic

Yes people will get it for looks, you are really just trying to play the game for others.. like so many other sensitive mmo players do.. just don't.. and enjoy the game for yourself.. you came here questioning something on a forum that is BLATANTLY obvious for most non drama driven humans, to see your words typed out all pretty, and stir up some drama for your day.

There you go, are you well fed? 9 pages to an obvious topic

Unfortunately, my fun is making sure my team wins. I have no interest in personal gain:(.

Unfortunately, my fun is making sure my team wins. I have no interest in personal gain:(.

Right because if you get this new armor you aren't able to have anything else in your bags to actually wear during a match..

You are being really one dimensional in not seeing that collecting armor is part of the game. And doesn't HAVE to be practical

Edit: Have fun wearing your ranked WH gear because it makes you look better than other players. I will be wearing those nifty, nifty liddle level 10 oranges with augment slots.:):):)

The great irony here is that nobody will even be wearing the Rated gear for looks. lawl

WTB a new Title: Rated War Hero

Edited by DarthOvertone

Right because if you get this new armor you aren't able to have anything else in your bags to actually wear during a match..

You are being really one dimensional in not seeing that collecting armor is part of the game. And doesn't HAVE to be practical

...eh? I still have to get the set, but just for the mods/armouring/enh. Why would I use this set when lvl 10 craftables w/ augment slots are better?;)

Edit: Have fun wearing your ranked WH gear because it makes you look better than other players. I will be wearing those nifty, nifty liddle level 10 oranges with augment slots.:):):)

Yup huge waste of time. I aswell have no interest what so ever in the new disgusting appearances .. horrible just horrible. Starting to wonder if Lucas has already pulled development rights away because nothing there looks even remotely starwarsy.

I said this earlier and I know you ignored it for a reason.

I like you, but I flat out don't believe you when you say you have no interest in ego or personal gain. Why else would you be on version 5 of your PvP videos in a ~month span of time. You care about how people perceive you and your skill level--and there's nothing wrong with that.

Rated War Hero Gear and your ELO ranking will establish that even further--which is something no one can take away.