The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So the point of rated WZ gear is...

Xinika

...for looks? Seems like a waste of time.

Edit: Have fun wearing your ranked WH gear because it makes you look better than other players. I will be wearing those nifty, nifty liddle level 10 oranges with augment slots.:):):)

Edited by Xinika

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. No stat change, just from blue to red (trooper gear).

I'll be going for Black Hole gear and War Hero gear. Forget Ranked War Hero, it's a waste.

I've seen some pointless things but this one? Really?

Anyone else feels the same?

I don't see an issue with it really.

Rather have a cosmetic view of somebody that is rated fairly well than have a person that is clearly a level above due to gear in PvP. Keeps things more "Skill" (which i use loosely) based for PvP.

Edited by exphryl

I don't see an issue with it really.

Rather have a cosmetic view of somebody that is rated fairly well than have a person that is clearly a level above due to gear in PvP. Keeps things more "Skill" (which i use loosely) based for PvP.

...So I'm about to tryhard ranked wzs to satisfy my ego? Um...

...So I'm about to tryhard ranked wzs to satisfy my ego? Um...

If you're only in it for the stats on gear, you have no reason to do rated. Simple as that.

Rated warzones are for people who like to PvP and want to play competitively.

Edited by Darth_Vicente

I personally don't have a problem with this system. What does confuse me is the color superiority system with the gear. I play a juggernaut, and apparently purple(rated WH gear) is superior to dark blue(unrated). Why purple? lol

If you're only in it for the stats on gear, you have no reason to do rated. Simple as that.

Rated warzones are for people who like to PvP and want to play competitively.

Then why make it even have a cost if it's the same exact thing?

Edited by Xinika

Thats right, the rated is more prestigious. You can work for it, rather than just derp it out for the same stats.

Just like with Valor ranks: prestigious titles, lead warzones, and have access to cool vehicles. Oh wait that doesn't work either, because it is now raining valor.

Yea I give up, I cant come up with a point on the positive side. Obviously, though if BW thought it was a good idea, it must be genius!

...for looks? Seems like a waste of time.

Of course it's a waste of time, that's the point. It's another treadmill for players to jump on so they don't cancel. The entirety of the endgame is one big timesink. If they don't give you a list of chores to do they think you'll quit so they absolutely mean to waste your time.

There was a time when finishing a character in an MMO was a possibility. At which point you'd go off and enjoy the endgame (usually open pvp all night every night). Games today aren't like that. They lead us around by the nose until we can't stand it anymore and finally quit paying them to waste our time for us. I really do miss games and developers who were confident in the worlds they created and were happy to let us run around doing our on thing without falling behind the gear curve.

Of course it's a waste of time, that's the point. It's another treadmill for players to jump on so they don't cancel. The entirety of the endgame is one big timesink. If they don't give you a list of chores to do they think you'll quit so they absolutely mean to waste your time.

There was a time when finishing a character in an MMO was a possibility. At which point you'd go off and enjoy the endgame (usually open pvp all night every night). Games today aren't like that. They lead us around by the nose until we can't stand it anymore and finally quit paying them to waste our time for us. I really do miss games and developers who were confident in the worlds they created and were happy to let us run around doing our on thing without falling behind the gear curve.

Wooha! Agree 100%. Good post.

Open PvP is not end game.

You can reach that point you are talking about right now in TOR and WoW. You can achieve the best gear in the game by playing more aggressively than others - at that point, you'll have the best of the best and the only thing that is left is ganking people in open world PvP.

The point in ranked war hero gear is for prestige. I'm glad a developer finally has the courage to put out ranked PvP gear that doesn't alter the power level of the character. It's a good sign and is a +1 to encourage me to get interested in MMO PvP again. WoW burned that out of me with their failed PvP gear system.

The biggest thing I find that kills PvP is when gear overpowers any skill any player has. Seems swtor thankfully has realized this. If you got a few players who's gear are so radically different that new players with no gear haven't got a chance, you have a recipe for disaster. You have new people who don't want to play PvP, and you'll have the people who grind to get the most elite gear getting bored, as soon there will be very little challenge if they can faceroll and kill just about everything.

PvP should be about skill, gear should be secondary minor thing. Keeping both stats the same in rated and non rated was the right decision. As it will keep rated players more balanced when they play non-rated.

Also gear is just numbers, these numbers are a form of ego boost as well. Swtor recognizes this and gives people ego boosts in more balanced ways.

Just, you know, my opinion man.

I'm glad a developer finally has the courage to put out ranked PvP gear that doesn't alter the power level of the character. It's a good sign and is a +1 to encourage me to get interested in MMO PvP again. WoW burned that out of me with their failed PvP gear system.

I would have rather seen them put design effort into the ranked gear so that it is directly noticeable. If the ranked warzones are just for epeen and the new gear isn't going to effect stat changes at all then they should have designed it to look entirely different instead of the exact same gear but with slightly different colors. As it is I couldn't tell you what color Battlemaster gear is because I don't care about the color of my gear. Just my own opinion on the gear "redesign" that is supposed to keep people interested. For me, it doesn't work.