Hidden AP buff to flamethrower on PTS

Shredzz

Reduced mobility, if anything. If you're being forced to stun someone just to flamethrower them, thats one less stun to help the team, peel from a healer, kill a pesky kiting sorc.

Ehh, the last part of your post is exactly when you'd use the new flamethrower...

Improved Flamethrower hits pretty hard to, Think max i've hit for is 2800 a tic on a crit..

Ehh, the last part of your post is exactly when you'd use the new flamethrower...

Improved Flamethrower hits pretty hard to, Think max i've hit for is 2800 a tic on a crit..

A sage will just force speed out of it's radius and hide behind a pillar, hence the kiting part. lol

This is why I was asking how powerful the actual snare effect on Flamethrower is.

Also, you can mimic the effect of snaring in any of those situations by using Pyro's CGC snare and seeing how hard it is for them to get away from you.

Answer: It still isn't. The peeling scenario might work, though, but Grapple accomplishes this pretty handily.

If it's something like a 70% snare, however, it could be useful.

Edited by Varicite

I dont know for sure, but do sages get the talent for force speed that on use, removes movement impairing debuffs? If so, it becomes even more unpractical, as I know sin tanks get it.

I think that talent is in the healing tree, yeah...

Yeah, GG flamethrower =(

Actually, no, I'm wrong about the Force Speed talent, I got it confused w/ the Affliction snare that Healers get.

Looks like that is a Sin/Shadow only thing. And Sin/Shadow was already just going to cloak your FT and lol in your face anyway.

True, regardless, force speed will be enough to get them out of the FT snare anyways, even if you do manage to get it channeled for a decent amount of time

BUT still flamethrower could still negate some if not much of that force speed. I know right now if Im hit by unload on my sorc its a real hazzle to force speed out of that.

Imo this will make Flamthrower usable

Edited by Assaultrooper

Sure, i got off topic there and was thinking solely on a 1v1 basis. I still think that in a group fight, you will find it very hard to get an effective FT off. I'm fairly positive of that.

Actually, I was thinking it would find far MORE use in a group situation now that it's uninterruptable.

It's true, stuns happen (use HO when channeling FT and KBs won't happen), but these are on long cds compared to interrupts, and won't always be up or viable to use on your FT.

It's going to be a ridiculously awesome tool for breaking up groups, like guarded tank/heal combos, or other times when people clump. Basically the same thing we sometimes use DFA for, but on a much shorter cd.

I actually use FT for this sometimes as Pyro, and it works remarkably well even w/out the AP buffs.

FT was already a good filler attack for tank stance builds. I'm interested in trying out a full AP build running IGC since I still do not believe AP is a good pvp dps spec running high energy gas.

FT was already a good filler attack for tank stance builds. I'm interested in trying out a full AP build running IGC since I still do not believe AP is a good pvp dps spec running high energy gas.

That's the spec I ran for a long time, Back in the day I ran the Defensive Super Commando set and simply used AP, the stabilized armor buff makes you a beast when running the ball (20% less damage on stun)

The spec itself isn't terrible when doing DPS...but like i said, it lacks the super burst pyro gets..

DPS = damage/second. Having a greater window to get that 5th stack won't do anything as far as allowing us to grab 5 stacks of Flame Thrower sooner to maximize DPS. In the time it takes to get 5 stacks to unleah a full Flame Thrower you could have cast 2 2-3 stack Flame Throwers for higher DPS. This means you will never be able to exploit the slow. I've been complaining about this since the beta phase in July.

I hate talents that entice you to spam abilities so I think a combination of your suggestions would make sense:

Immolate and Rocket Punch grant 1/2 stacks and Flame Burst has a 50/100% chance to grant 1 stack of Prototype Flame Thrower.

This solves two problems:

1) Difficulty in getting 5 stacks efficiently

2) Crappiness of rank 1 of the talent during level up (I point this out in my AP thread in my signature)

This is wrong, flamethrower has a 15sec cd, in a 15sec rotation you can do 1immolate and 4flame bursts easily or atleast 3fbs, so in a 15sec rotation it will be a minimum of 4-5stacks period

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.