BW still silent on operative/scoundrel

blazingg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! It would be funny to see it listed in the patch note

@TS:

He is silent because NOBODY play operative anymore so he doesn't care for a couple subscription, we are like the most underplayed class atm for good reasons

They can't even define the role they want us to have and they don't want us to be burst dealer

yeah, makes you wonder if they are giving up on us the same way they gave up on Ilum..

They haven't commented on the increasing price of toilet paper either. Doesn't mean they're ignoring it.

I would imagine Bioware have their hands full just reading the messages, nevermind replying to the ones you think are important.

As for Nerf/OP conversations. They're pointless.

Doing less DPS/HPS/TPS than in 1.1? What does it matter? These numbers are all relative, not absolute.

Are classes getting nerfed/boosted. Of course, change is always the result of skill/ability changes. That's kind of the point.

But as long as NPC's from quest mobs up to raid bosses still are capable of being killed and PvP battles remain more or less balanced (as opposing TEAMS) - then everything is peachy.

Thats actually why we voice our concern. People dont bring smuggler scoundrel or Ops in their Operations because we do lower damage, cannot avoid the melee unfriendly aoe and come back in time to dps and we bring 0 utility to the raid.

As far pvp goes. We were doing not bad on the opening but if the fight drags we need to run. For me it was ok until i roll an assassin and had the same opening burst but was in tank stance instead and was able to defend objectives , run the balls , had a gap closer etc.

So yeah, its not really fine you know

You do lose 3% to all your damage to bleeding targets here. No specific numbers on the increase in damage to sucker punch/flying fist, but I'd guess it'd probably be 5% per rank (15% total), which would offset the previous 10% nerf.

All in all it doesn't look too bad, and the damage you deal will probably end up being almost the same. We'll have to wait and see the numbers.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=364399

So no its not 5% pr rank its 4% in total so it doesnt make up for the nerf.

Patches 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.1.4, and 1.1.5 also were on the test server. Every single one of them went live in the following week, and not a single one had even ONE number changed from its initial version. Not one, no matter how much we tested.

So yeah, you go telling yourself that Bioware's just waiting for people to test their changes, and that all of the current numbers are just preliminary. I'm sure it'll turn out differently than the last six patches.

Yep, I don't understand why people don't realize this yet, 1.2 won't change much from it's initial incarnation. That's why so much people are already jumping the gun.

exactly they didnt listen to beta testers when we said how many things were wrong with the game before launch they have yet to change patch notes after them already being released why would we think any different

Yeah I beta tested the game and everything that was reported over a dozen times, a lot of the bugs, etc.; made it to release. Some are still here to this day, that's what pisses people like us off when Biodrone white knights come to the game's defense like it's Jesus Christ. There are people that have beta tested the game (I'm one of them.), that have seen Bioware's trends at ignoring player feedback when it comes to testing new patches so don't be surprised when 1.2 comes out exactly as you read it initially (Apart from a few minor bug changes if they are really game breaking.).

Edited by Chaos_Distortion

With a bubble of impervious absorption that could soak up our most powerful shots while we wait for it to time out and he keeps zapping away our hitpoints or healing himself after we interrupt his heal or attack...once, twice if we're lucky

these kinds of statements are why people don't take you seriously. if you think sorc shield is a 'bubble of impervious absorption" then you are by definition a scrub who doesn't know what you're talking about. not that there was any doubt in the first place. only bads ever complained about sorcs.

statement from Greg Zoeller:

Quote:

If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people — yes, there aren’t many Operatives — but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause it’s not fun. We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

End of thread ! They listen to the 99% of their playerbase that doesn't play a dps scoundrel/OP. So make it easier for yourself and respec to healing or reroll is my advice.

Quote:

If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people — yes, there aren’t many Operatives — but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause it’s not fun. We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

End of thread ! They listen to the 99% of their playerbase that doesn't play a dps scoundrel/OP. So make it easier for yourself and respec to healing or reroll is my advice.

I can chain snared to death by a team of inquisitor, ista killed by a team of tracer missle splammers, i can be ista killed by a bounch of inquisitor spamming lightning... i can be stun locked by other classess... so where is the problem?

I am a 50 Scoundrel and have had absolutely ZERO problems in Warzones.

Not one time have I ever felt like anything other than a bad ***.

There is one class that can from time to time get away from me and that is Sorcs/Sages I feel like a sub rogue in WoW. I destroy almost everyone almost all of the time.

Scoundrel/OPs are fine. So are Sorcs/Sages.

One class can out maneuver us... Get over it. PVP is NEVER EVER EVER balanced 1v1.

Quote:

LOL STUN LOCKED BY A TEAM OF OPERATIVES???? i wasnt aware enough operatives even played to be able to form a full operative group not like they would even come close to winning an objective based pvp system either ... georg fails once again blame stun locking on your god awful resolve system

Edited by blazingg

You do realize that the Sorc/Sage dps spec was completely destroyed by 1.2, right?

no they didnt destroy the dps spec they destroyed the hybrid spec like they said they would they dont want hybrids in the game so expect them all to be taken out

no they didnt destroy the dps spec they destroyed the hybrid spec like they said they would they dont want hybrids in the game so expect them all to be taken out

Yeah. Hybrid spec is far and away the best sorc/sage dps spec, especially for pvp. It's seriously not even close.

I am a 50 Scoundrel and have had absolutely ZERO problems in Warzones.

Not one time have I ever felt like anything other than a bad ***.

There is one class that can from time to time get away from me and that is Sorcs/Sages I feel like a sub rogue in WoW. I destroy almost everyone almost all of the time.

Scoundrel/OPs are fine. So are Sorcs/Sages.

One class can out maneuver us... Get over it. PVP is NEVER EVER EVER balanced 1v1.

Cool story bro, you play no operative.

Cool story bro, you play no operative.

Or maybe you play a bad operative.

I play a Scrapper, and my experience is largely in line with his. I'm absolutely shocked if I'm lower than 3rd on my team in dmg in a WZ, and there is no class i really feel like an underdog against.

Or maybe you play a bad operative.

I play a Scrapper, and my experience is largely in line with his. I'm absolutely shocked if I'm lower than 3rd on my team in dmg in a WZ, and there is no class i really feel like an underdog against.

Neither of you play scrapper, we own Sorcerers and sage's so please go away. Go troll another forum.

Neither of you play scrapper, we own Sorcerers and sage's so please go away. Go troll another forum.

What? What part of "there is no class i feel like an underdog against" did you interpret to mean "I can't kill sorcs waaa waaa"?

What? What part of "there is no class i feel like an underdog against" did you interpret to mean "I can't kill sorcs waaa waaa"?

I guess you weren't reading when you said your experience was in large like the guy who says the only class he can't kill some times is sorc/sages.

If a scrapper chooses the right targets he/she will do fine yes.

That means half dead people or people getting double teamed/left behind or fresh 50s etc..

However, out of cover in a group with long CDs your chances of survival are minimal and people know it so they focus you.

Yes we can still function but the class is a lot less fun... You will feel the pain when you play with pugs.

Edited by Quintan

I guess you weren't reading when you said your experience was in large like the guy who says the only class he can't kill some times is sorc/sages.

"they get away from me sometimes" is quite a far cry from "they kill me all the time".

If a scrapper chooses the right targets he/she will do fine yes.

That means half dead people or people getting double teamed/left behind or fresh 50s etc..

I can pretty regularly take down good pvp'ers in full BM gear with my ~50% champ gear.

However, out of cover in a group with long CDs your chances of survival are minimal and people know it so they focus you.

Well, no kidding. Here's a hint: if you find yourself often out of cover in a big group, you need to reevaluate your playstyle. Even in huge 8v8 melees at the doors in voidstar I can escape into stealth pretty reliably. (hint: he who fights and runs away etc etc)

Yes we can still function but the class is a lot less fun... You will feel the pain when you play with pugs.

I gather you're speaking from your extensive experience testing 1.2?

Actually he did comment on them and said they are in line with their "metrics".

Time will tell. Players certainly don't think so. You can tell hardly anyone plays them when viewing the auction house. There is 10-20+ Str medium armor pieces of gear compared a single cunning piece since they fixed the class specific drops again.

I've gone through 3-4 pages of gear before seeing a single cunning piece.

That said I still feel my particular build got buffed more than nerfed so am waiting to see and still enjoy my Op and yes, despite what the whiners say they still can destroy in pvp.

Edited by Tamanous