Amazing! LEGACY armor sets, I likes it!

Tricky-Ha

You see, for me, I don't play this game to have the best gear. So people whining about "oh, it won't have the augment slot" have their complaints fall on deaf ears with me (and, I hope, many others). I do like to have GOOD gear, but it doesn't have to be the best.

This toon that I am posting on is a pvp toon and I have been playing since day one and she only has 2 champion pieces (and has 7 more levels to get to 60). Even I consider this more harcore than I'd like. But the fun is the casual game, not feeling like I have to get the best right now - or even the best at all.

Edited by Xabana

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but for me the armors are probably the ugliest Ive ever seen in a MMO in a long time. They are (for me) underwhelming, and bland. For the $ they dropped on this game, you'd have thought theyd have a bit more invested into creativity.

Im picky, yes, and also an artist. Yes, I could (and others as well) do better. Is it my job? No, but it will be a game breaker for me because while I enjoy the game itself, my character's appearance is also important to me and so far, the artwork is not doing it for me in the appearance department.

If folk out there like the stuff so far/upcoming stuff, thats great- not everyone has the same opinions though.

Dulfy has the goods.

Sith Imperial LEGACY gear.

Republic LEGACY gear.

Why have you been hiding this stuff for so long BioWare? That isht is crazy, you guys are crazy. Thanks for finally putting decent gear in with 1.2's patch, seriously, thanks.

What's crazy is that you think this is new gear. It's recolored same old, same old, homie. Pretty meh for the most part.

Question: what's the difference between the renowned and exalted sets apart from looks?

I'd like to know this too - I'm sorry if it's been explained and I just can't find it..

Plus, we'll be able to change the colors of things right? So if I want to change my guardian gear from brown to blue I can?

It's all just recycled... I mean, it's always nice to have more options, but not really anything that exciting. For me, at least.

You aren't alone buddy. To me all this stuff looks EXACTLY like a ton of different armor sets already in game, and in a lot of cases these look atrocious to boot.

Honestly I'm not sure why every green and blue piece of gear in the game can't have an orange version. Let the tradeskills reverse engineer the item and get a recipe to make an orange version of it. Why not open up all the options for us, and give crafting another purpose?

Is there some technical limitation that prevents this?

I don't love it all but, I see some great pieces to mod-up and incorporate into my look with the help of the colormatching. Thanks BioWare for a few more options.

Yeah I'm looking at gear in a new light with color matching coming back. Stuff that I didn't really like before deserves a second look; I'm really hoping for a wide array of colors because I want my jedi to wear indigo so much. Specifically that heavy armor with the robe over it, in indigo.

Dulfy has the goods.

Sith Imperial LEGACY gear.

Republic LEGACY gear.

Why have you been hiding this stuff for so long BioWare? That isht is crazy, you guys are crazy. Thanks for finally putting decent gear in with 1.2's patch, seriously, thanks.

None of this is new. It is just recycled "lowbie" armour. Look at the BH renouned armour for example. It is what you get for chest armor with commendation on hutta AND do all the heroic quests. This is not new. Take the Sith Juggernaught renouned. Again this is lowebie armor. What is so Amazing about this? Nothing.

All this stuff would be great if we had cosmetic armor slots, as it stands now, all non crit crafted orange gear is unfortunately subpar when compared to orange gear with an augment slot.-

I would say that par is probably the stats of the purple gear we will be raiding for mods to put in our orange gear. Critted with augments would be optimal. "Sub-optimal" is probably more accurate to what you mean than "sub-par".

Edited by Matte_Black

Even though these are rehashes of current models, I am liking a lot of these because they are orange sets. As has been mentioned, with crit crafted orange getting aug slots, I hope these patterns will be available to crafters. Over all, I am very happy to see these especially after seeing the new teir sets for 1.2.

None of this is new. It is just recycled "lowbie" armour. Look at the BH renouned armour for example. It is what you get for chest armor with commendation on hutta AND do all the heroic quests. This is not new. Take the Sith Juggernaught renouned. Again this is lowebie armor. What is so Amazing about this? Nothing.

Most of them don't have orange versions(bounty hunter's isn't among the best imo and one of them is the 40 pvp set with bad colouring.)

also

I would say that par is probably the stats of the purple gear we will be raiding for mods to put in our orange gear. Critted with augments would be optimal. "Sub-optimal" is probably more accurate to what you mean than "sub-par".

Ok, sub-optimal it is then, what I meant anyway is "No tan buenos como los que tienen un espacio para un aumento que te sube las estadísticas" which I guess does not exactly translate as subpar.-

These look a lot more appealing than the other new PvE and PvP gear! Even if they are remakes of previous leveling gear.

I'm really happy to see an additional set to seek after. At least you can take some of the pieces and mix them with other stuff if you don't like certain ones.

Edited by SillyTurtle

Ok, sub-optimal it is then, what I meant anyway is "No tan buenos como los que tienen un espacio para un aumento que te sube las estadísticas" which I guess does not exactly translate as subpar.-

I wasn't trying to pick on your language but, alot of folks fall into this false impression that the game only gets played in optimal gearing and anything less is unforgivable. I thought "suboptimal v. subpar" was an important distinction to make. Especially with SWTOR's more casual playerbase, I doubt you'll see that many players completely decked out in critted orange gear.

Edited by Matte_Black