What if Jedi Guardians could tank in Robes?

Terin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first heroic quest on corusant. most wanted or something. it gives a heavy armor that is just robes with a hood.

Yea I got a nice brown and cream hooded robe and tunic from a heroic at corusant which was empty mod slots. I threw over some mods and now it's very nice tanking robes :)

• 5 weeks later...
You can get a classic movie-style Jedi robe (fully moddable except for augments) even without touching a heroic quest:

The final quest in the Gree quest-chain on Coruscant (Senate tower) rewards you with an orange quality traditional Jedi robe available as both medium and heavy armor. The heavy armor variant is called Battle Expulsor's Chestguard.

Guys, please notice that, as is the Lore Settings of the current age, the Jedi are prepared for war against both force users and non-force users to fight the Empire properly.

At the time of the movies I through VI, the Sith were not as apparent as they were. In the first movie, they were thought no longer existant, and they began to appear, but weren't taken seriously because the Jedi thought they were just a small remnant, when Palpatine was actually planning everything all along.

When in the third movie, Palpatine kills almost every Jedi, they were not at war as well, there was no war, it was a set up.

The most modern age Jedis were really like monks.

In The Force Unleashed, you can see that General Rham Kota had heavy armor when fighting Galen Marek in the first episode in the game, because he was prepared for war.

The Old Republic is due in a time in which it is clearly war between Empire and Republic, so the Jedi learn to wear heavy armor for battle properly.

No war = robes

War = heavy armor.

Just thought I should point some lore information for you guys.

Don't kriffin' care. Frak time-cop robot suits. My classic moddable dark brown robe from Coruscant is still with me, thanks to my horrible luck getting the awful-looking pvp armour (got like a hundred boot tokens - which I used to get excellent mods and enhancements), and Ilum level 126 armoring.

The Force is your armour. In the Lore, powerful Force-users used it to defend against things that silly, rigid, movement-restricting suits couldn't ever hope to withstand. And our Jedi are exceptionally powerful Force-users, according to the storyline.

Edited by Helig

Don't kriffin' care. Frak time-cop robot suits. My classic moddable dark brown robe from Coruscant is still with me, thanks to my horrible luck getting the awful-looking pvp armour (got like a hundred boot tokens - which I used to get excellent mods and enhancements), and Ilum level 126 armoring.

The Force is your armour. In the Lore, powerful Force-users used it to defend against things that silly, rigid, movement-restricting suits couldn't ever hope to withstand. And our Jedi are exceptionally powerful Force-users, according to the storyline.

huh, thought jk was just 'exceptional dueler' and consular was 'exceptionally strong force dude' or I'm probably not recalling it properly.

I'm on the opposite side. When do guardians get the armor with robe like the guy on the cover? I'm starting to see random drops and from quest results but I still haven't seen a moddable version. Just finished up act 1.

huh, thought jk was just 'exceptional dueler' and consular was 'exceptionally strong force dude' or I'm probably not recalling it properly.

I'm on the opposite side. When do guardians get the armor with robe like the guy on the cover? I'm starting to see random drops and from quest results but I still haven't seen a moddable version. Just finished up act 1.

Nope, in the storyline, the Knight is ridiculously strong in the Force. His power just manifests in Control discipline, as opposite to Alter, in case of the Consular.

The exact armour that Master Ven Zallow is wearing is Jedi Battlelord orange set, I think. It can be found on GTM, sometimes.

That's common to any purple gear you get honestly.

Not any more, as of the 1.1 patch the purple gear should have all mods removable now. The armor mods should be tied to a given location like chest or legs. The set bonus should also carry over with the armor mods I believe.

Not any more, as of the 1.1 patch the purple gear should have all mods removable now. The armor mods should be tied to a given location like chest or legs. The set bonus should also carry over with the armor mods I believe.

ah that's good news :) I finally finished my jedi battlelord set right before I id the final story quest and it would be very disappointing to replace the set with some ugly epic gear just for the stats.

EDIT: some one asked about the Ven Zallow armor on the cover, so here's a screenshot of that armor on my female jedi guardian:

http://image-load.biz/?di=BYT0

i bought every part of it on the GTN; the parts are orange gear that initially comes without mods, so the pieces weren't very expensive (they were all between 3K and 25k credits on the auction house)

Edited by Azunai_

ah that's good news :) I finally finished my jedi battlelord set right before I id the final story quest and it would be very disappointing to replace the set with some ugly epic gear just for the stats.

EDIT: some one asked about the Ven Zallow armor on the cover, so here's a screenshot of that armor on my female jedi guardian:

http://image-load.biz/?di=BYT0

i bought every part of it on the GTN; the parts are orange gear that initially comes without mods, so the pieces weren't very expensive (they were all between 3K and 25k credits on the auction house)

Wow, that looks amazing! I'll admit, I'm not normally a fan of the armored-look, but I like that it makes your character look a little more fit, without being "bulky"!

Mind sharing the name of the items? :D

I'm fully geared in legendary (purple) mod, enh, and armor in my chest, head, gloves, pants, boots and I am actually wearing the gear I received on Tattooine (I think). It's the matching gray Jedi heavy armor set other than a strap with some gizmo on it looks fairly basic looking, I liked it because it was grey not brown. Though I switched to the Voss reward boots because I thought they looked better.

My point is, along the way you will more than likely be rewarded a modable armor piece you love and from there you never have to change. I remember there being a Coruscant chest reward, maybe from the Heroic "trouble in deed" being a pretty standard looking Jedi robe. From that point on you just add upgrades to the three slots, also often mission rewards, but also can be crafted.

And yes, you can typically purchase an upgraded item via commendations or pvp and strip it of it's mods making your current gear the exact same stats as the stripped item. One thing I would warn though, make sure you are getting the right basic armor type- light, medium, heavy. I am pretty sure your mods will not scale right if not in the right type ie light armor's armor rating will not be as high as medium or heavy armor even with the same 3 mods.

here's a database link for the full "set"

http://www.torhead.com/search/jedi%20battlelord

the items i use are the orange quality items listed on that page. I do not have the bracers and the saber from that list, but they don't really contribute to the look anyway.

Ahh, very awesome, thanks! Question, though; do they say if they were crafted by a Player? If not, I guess they're world-drops, was just curious :p

no there's no indication that they were craftet. i found quite a few similar set items in quest reward random lockboxes, on random mobs and in treasure hunting boxes, so I'm going to assume that the jedi battlelord set can be found this way, too. I only found 2 or 3 parts of another jedi knight set (myrmidon set or something), a trooper set ("colossus" i think) and some light armor consular item with no mods (and probably a few more i forgot)

so yeah, they are probably world random drops that can occasionally be found in lockboxes and on mobs. I found all of the battlelord stuff on the auction house, so I would recommend searching the heavy armor category with a level 40-50 filter regularly. I didn't really hunt the set systematically - I just checked the auction house when logging in and before logging out and it took me about 10 days or something to gather all the pieces from there. i spent maybe 100k credits on the whole set, which is fairly cheap imo.

Can one Orange set carry you all the way to endgame? I ask because I have been wearing the same armor set that looks like traditional Jedi robes that I scored on Coruscant, and I've just been improving the mods in it every planet.

Yes. End game items should now as of the 1.1 have their mods set to they can be removed and put into orange items. So the top end raid gear can have their stats and set bonuses carry over to the orange item you got on Courscant.

PvP items on the other hand I'm not so sure about, because I think the expertise stat is baked into the item so you can't slot that into a orange armor.

Go to Coruscant, Do the Daily quest "republics most wanted", get an orange heavy armor robe, mod it.

You're welcome. :)

(Sorry if this was mentioned, I didn't look through all of the pages)

Thanks I was told that we get one from the Gree questline. Will try this one on tonight.

Thanks I was told that we get one from the Gree questline.

Both is true, you get one from the Republics Most Wanted heroic, which is pretty quick and easy to do, takes maybe 15-20 minutes.

The end of the Gree quest line also rewards one, they're basically the same sets of robes, model wise, just one has a darker undertunic then the other. I think it's the RMW one that's darker.

You can also get some orange pants with no armor on them on Taris.

I am *so* happy about this, by the way. It's essentially a customization tab for appearance without coding one into the game. Elegant solution to a serious issue pre-launch.

Actually, I still can't take Armoring out of Artifact gear. And that is maddening. I want my classic dark brown robe to last forever. Foreeeee-veeeer.

With 126 rating Ilum armoring, it only lasts as long as my bad luck on getting PvP armour tokens does (got like a hundred Boot tokens, what's up with that. At least I won't have the same trouble with BM gear past 1.1)... Seriously, BW should put Expertise on Mods and Enhancements, instead of unextractable base armoring of PvP pieces.

Also, long time no see, Mont. How's Vigilance treatin' you?

One that I know of.

http://www.torhead.com/item/64pzaei

Valorous Knight's Crusade Chestguard. You can get it from Taris. Fully moddable, and has the classic "brown robes and tunic" Jedi look.

There are synthweaving recipes for a crafted version of the top piece - my guardian is currently wearing one he crafted, just called a Knights Crusade Chestguard.

Screenshot: http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/Magik13/Screenshot_2012-01-19_00_40_41_593750.jpg

I just have the chest armor so far, haven't come acrossed any other Knight's Crusade recipes. The base level for the crafted Knight's Crusade Chestguard is 27.

The cool thing about the robe from Republic's most wanted is that you can get it as soon as you get to Coruscant at level 10-11. Just run to the taxi, take a trip to that part of town (it's the stop on the right hand side), grab the quest from the vending machine (don't know what those quest box's are called, lol). Then turn the attack mode off your pet and run straight to the instance. Takes 10 minutes tops as long as you can get a partner to join you quickly.

The other cool thing about this quest is that every class gets a chest piece from this quest. My Smuggler and Trooper also got a cool orange chest piece from this quest at level 10-11.