Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Consular 1.2 Armor

niela

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still haven't ever seen what they look like on a man. Like, ever.

Do the same thing and please click over to Iresso so we can see what it looks like on a dude, plz.

I'm getting increasingly disappointed with how Consular gear looks on males. It's as though they assumed most of the Consular population would be female.

BTW thx for posting the vids. :3

Edited by Onager

First of all - thanks whoever did the clips for this gear (but why use body type 4 - it's not flattering at all - but maybe that's the point)

The Tier 3 PVE set I thought looked developed for a female character (looked fine on males with no headpiece) but I thought the PVP Battlemaster set was well designed, androgynous and seems to be well suited for both genders....

This... this Tier 4 set I think is for a better word, awful...

Looking at all the other classes (even Imperial) they look suited and androgynous whereas the consular gear set looks terrible and so much disparity between PVP & PVE...

The PVE set looks designed and developed by a feminist who has totally disregard for "the other gender" - What male character is going to wear a drop shoulder number...

The PVP set - though looks more MANLY has a VIKING helmet? - a VIKING helmet?? - now I have vision's of 6 year old doing a project on Norse methodology.

I can certainly appreciate the amount of design/ artwork, review committees and the implementation process that must go into this development and I thank you designers for generating so much great art... but this set, both PVP & PVE needs a review because it does not seem like it fits into a Star Wars game at all...

There was a faction imbalance discussed at the 1.2 guild summit and it showed that the inquisitor class far outweighed the consular class because they look bad a&se.... The design does in no way assist in turning that imbalance around - and for my mind makes it so much worse...

I hope I'm completely wrong about this set development and there's either another option set for tier 4 because I would not wear this set and guess would spend thousands pulling the mods and finding a orange set that I liked...

TL;DR - Please redesign both tier 4 sets to look better!

the type 4 appearance has to be a joke...like seriously, Bioware wouldn't make a "Male" wearing a style of clothing that looks like it belongs in 1985, I mean what kinda guy wears half his top uncovered...girls wear that not men.... seriously the more I think of consular gear the more I think whoever is deigning their sets has some serious 'closet' issues going in his life.....or its a chic that has no idea how to make men look cool..

Hehe, maybe they have a secret agenda to *encourage* people to use the new modding system and pull the mods out :)

Seriously though, no idea why we're getting looks like these. Then again, when you think about it, they can't give "normal/basic" looking appearance (which I personally will use) since they want to give something new/different each patch. It's just that the designers opinion about what looks good seems to be rather different than that of most players.

This is why I don't make the mistake of creating a male consular.

Most of the gear is not made for priests or monks, but for women.

Apart from that the PvE set looks very good, in my opinion!

Edited by Petyofi

1.2 legacy Armor sets..

Reps:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/legacyvendorrepublic1.jpg

Imps:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/legacyvendorempire1.jpg

Imps BH & Mara exalted are looks definitely good..

Thanks Dulfy for clarification:

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/18/legacy-vendor-in-1-2/

Edited by Missandei

Neither of the T4 sets look very good imo but that PvE one, seriously? Thinking BW decided consulars should be having a toga party or something. That thing is bad, really bad.

But think positively!

You can wear this armor, go to fleet, sit at the plaza and start begging for creds.. It`s a very RP thing!

Please quit calling it Tier 4...this will be Tier 2 Armor where as Tionese, Columi, Rakata is 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 gear respectively

Some people call the new gear will Tier 3 as Tionese and Columi were Tier 1 and Tier 1.2 while Rakata was Tier 2...

But this is NOT tier 4 gear by any means...

I rolled a female consular because I saw right away most of the gear was, well, geared for females. At any rate it seemed to look better on female consulars than on males.

But even so some of this new stuff looks absolutely awful. Guess I'll be modding orange clothes I like rather than have her go around dressed in this clownish glop. :(

Guess I'll be modding orange clothes I like rather than have her go around dressed in this clownish glop. :(

Yep. The Alderaan social gear (with helmet hidden) looks better on a consular than any consular armor IMO, and 100% better on a male character too. Other than the light saber hanging from my hip (or in my hands) I don't plan on looking like a Jedi at all if this is the Jedi gear consulars get to look forward to.

This stuff is so horrible looking that I'm actually trying to figure out the psychology behind the art. One person suggested that the creator was a feminist, another suggested that the sage community is being intentionally harassed or "trolled". Both are valid theories, but I'm thinking that Bioware simply has an ineffective interview process when hiring talent.

Edit: Honestly, I'm not even angry anymore. I find it fascinating that this company can't create decent looking republic/sage gear. Its like watching a train-wreck. Every time they announce that new armor is coming for sages; I'm all like, "Here we go again!".

Edited by TurokDarkstar

I don't think the Consular armor here is particularly stellar, but I certainly wouldn't use male body type 4 as a means of measuring how good it looks on male bodies in general. :rolleyes: And maybe this is part of some nefarious plot to desensitize us to their, um, artistic design, but compared to most of the other class' new endgame gear the Consular stuff looks pretty darn good. >.<

And hey, at least is seems to have pants! The Renowned and Exalted sets, now those I can see people complaining about. Being a big fan of pretty dresses, I have no problem with that sort of stuff on any character, but it does look kinda girly on the males.

i really hope that is not the actually armor.

here is my character when i leveling this armor looks awesome imo if it had a helm that would go with it or some additional flair to it for high level pvp/pve

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t460/valendir/Screenshot_2012-02-06_06_09_47_976776-1.jpg

I don't mean to flame this particular thread, but, for the most part, you negative commenters seem to strike me as people that might, in fact, complain about cracks in the sidewalk. Yes, think about your complaints and then, think about cracks in the sidewalk. Think about the positive aspects of this game. Think about why you continue to play. Then think about cracks in the sidewalk. Then think about your complaint. Can't you wear other armor?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.