BIOWARE: You Lied

Starglide

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

More hype and hot air from Bioware about a patch that is missing out on many factors that would fix the current problems i.e. dwindling population

[Citation Needed]

Last I checked, sub numbers were still at 1.7M.

WoW did remake the whole 1-60 content for free

Although everybody got affected by the cataclysm changes, they were still part of the expansion. A lot of time was spent on changing the landscape and quest all the way to level 60, which negated the possibility to do other, big, things.

Nice job misquoting.

Its the largest free update in any MMO ever.

I'm inclined to agree. A new operation (at a new difficulty), a new flashpoint, a new warzone, legacy features, and a plethora of smaller things practically amount to a decent sized expansion.

Name a patch in any other MMO that has released this much content.

inb4 ah well this stuff shoulda been here at launch. Stop it, your embarrassing yourself.

DAoC - housing, new frontiers patches.

Rift - pick one!

Eve

Hell, even BF3 has bigger content patches!!

[Citation Needed]

Last I checked, sub numbers were still at 1.7M.

Please explain how it feels to live behind a pair off pink glasses? I dont understand you people that stands behind this game until the bitter end. It failed, on every aspect and you know it! And thats what i think hurts the most, you defended it no matter what from the people that knowed what this game would be once released.......And now you are to proud to step back and accept the epic fail that is Swtor.

There is no MMO in this MMO, it`s a mediocre(at best)single player game with the option to Co-op.

Fine. This one was free and had nothing to do with a future expansion. http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_3.3.0

Briefly, it included a new raid with 12 bosses (10/25-man, normal/hard), three new 5-man dungeons (normal/hard), a cross-server dungeon finder tool, a new weekly fishing derby, a brand new quest tracking system (very similar to what SW:TOR has now), a revamped tutorial system for new players, many changes to every class in the game, tons of UI changes, a new legendary weapon quest, tons of new achievements (largely to go with the new raid and dungeons), and an obscene number of item changes and bug fixes. Good stuff!

And quess what? It took almost a half a year to get it to live. Opposed to Swtor's 2 months. Just think about it for couple of minutes before posting absurd things here. And another thing, we had to play ICC for ONE YEAR before cataclysm came in. Nice.

Nice job misquoting.

I'm inclined to agree. A new operation (at a new difficulty), a new flashpoint, a new warzone, legacy features, and a plethora of smaller things practically amount to a decent sized expansion.

inb4 ah well this stuff shoulda been here at launch. Stop it, your embarrassing yourself.

Asheron's Call was doing updates 3 - 4 time bigger than this MONTHLY, and that was 10 years ago.

Pretty sure every issue City of Heroes has done has been at least this big.

It's just BS marketing.

And Darkchaos, you can go on and live with your life, and possibly play WoW/Rift/EVE. If you don't care about Swtor, or don't wanna play it, then leave. It's just really rude to go around the forums and bark how bad swtor is. Over and over again.

Hyperbole is the weapon of choice for politicians and PR folk. What's new? Grain of salt folks. It is going to be rather large, how can anyone really complain about that?

Exactly.

"An exaggeration is a truth that has lost its temper." -Kahlil Gibran

And quess what? It took almost a half a year to get it to live. Opposed to Swtor's 2 months. Just think about it for couple of minutes before posting absurd things here. And another thing, we had to play ICC for ONE YEAR before cataclysm came in. Nice.

That's irrelevant. We're talking about which patch is bigger, regardless of other considerations.

That's irrelevant. We're talking about which patch is bigger, regardless of other considerations.

So the amount of time spent on making the patch is irrelevant? BW does a huge patch in 2 months; Blizzard does in 6 months. I think it tells something about the pace that the BW team is working on.

Oh what would happen if it took 6 months for BW to make a patch for swtor... The amount of grief...

That's true.

It IS a step in the right direction, and that direction should have been stepped in before we paid for the game.

I'm going to stick with it for now, because I love Star Wars and see the potential, but man...sometimes I feel like the launch was a bit mishandled.

So many good opportunities not utilized.

So many patches to make the game "normal".

- DH

Frankly, this happens with a lot of launches. It's annoying, but eh.

Bioware seems to be shaping things up relatively quickly.

So the amount of time spent on making the patch is irrelevant? BW does a huge patch in 2 months; Blizzard does in 6 months. I think it tells something about the pace that the BW team is working on.

Oh what would happen if it took 6 months for BW to make a patch for swtor... The amount of grief...

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but I'm willing to bet that Bioware has been working on this patch far before launch. Concept art, VA (Hell, I've heard they have VA stockpiled for years to come), level design, ect - so that they could use the first couple of months in launch to finish it off and get it sorted so that their customers get a large patch a few months after launch.

Do I think that's bad? No. I actually quite like it, it's a smart strategy that's good for the consumer.

Edited by Greywatch

Nice job misquoting.

What about it is free? Do you mean free, except the 15 bucks a month? I don't in any way consider an MMO patch to be free. That is due us for the prices we pay. We buy that patch with our subscription, and as far as I am concerned it is included and expected in the package. They patch the game to keep us playing. Furthermore, every other MMO patch is just as free as this one. Well, free but with a cheaper subscription.

Having said that, I think do it's a pretty damn big patch, and I'd say it stacks up pretty well next to Rift patches. Nevertheless, what I'm hoping for is not in 1.2, so I'm planning on cancelling. Maybe I'll resub around 1.4 or so.

So the amount of time spent on making the patch is irrelevant?

For the purpose of this topic, yes. The topic is about whether 1.2 is the biggest patch in MMO history or not. There was no mention of other factors.