1.2 Hard Mode loot. Why raid when you can just run dailies?

Drop your entitlement issues. Non-raiders deserve gear just as much as you, and giving them the option to get it by logging in and playing every day is what makes SW:TOR a great MMO.

No they dont. They did not complete a raid boss fight so therefore they do not deserve the loot from that boss. The same goes for Flashpoint loot. They do not kill the boss they do not deserve the loot. If you dont go take the classes needed to get a bachelors degree you dont deserve one just because you took a couple of classes.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not give them any more stats then endurance and their primary state because they do not need the others. However they can have all the presences they want, I could careless. Problem is these people are sick to think they have the right to stuff they dont even do. It would one thing if they raided Story line and got the gear, I am ok with that but not even to raid and get the raid gear is just illogical at best. People need to stop looking for handouts and get real.

First of all. Calm down, its not helping your argument when you're using ad hominem. You can't honestly give them only endurance as all tanks would use that gear. Its fine if they spread around the point but have a stack of Presence. Its like PvP gear but with solo PvE orientation. (Currently, PvP gear has pretty much the same stat distribute + Expertise. The amount of Expertise included in each piece is enough to make PvP gear, effectively 1 tier lower in its ability to do group PvE content. [i.e. Battlemaster stats are equivalent to Columi. and Champion to Tionese. With the exception of the weapons but thats another thread.])

That way the best group PvE gear is found in operations, the best solo PvE gear is found in solo PvE (Dailys/Class Quests whatever) and the best PvP gear is found in rated WZs.

No they dont. They did not complete a raid boss fight so therefore they do not deserve the loot from that boss. The same goes for Flashpoint loot. They do not kill the boss they do not deserve the loot. If you dont go take the classes needed to get a bachelors degree you dont deserve one just because you took a couple of classes.

The only thing better then when entitled people use false logic to try and show why they should continue to be entitled is when the logic they use, in fact, shows how they are wrong.

The guy with the bachelors degree will earn more money. So it's like he makes $100 an hour.

The guy who doesn't have one makes $10 an hour.

Your argument: The guy without a bachelors degree should never be allowed to own anything that costs $100, because you (having a degree) are simply a better and more worthy person. You EARN your money at your hard job while he just coasts by working at his min. wage job.

My argument (and the way the world works): If that guys spends 10 hours at his job, he earns his $100 and can buy whatever the hell he wants.

Raiding pays more then dailies. But if you spend time doing dailies, you earned loot.

Get over yourself.

Edited by lexiekaboom

People, if your a true mmo player that actually enjoys playing with others, just move along.

Honestly don't waste your time, the game is pretty much a single player game.

If your waiting for any kind of challenging content, it will not happen.

The Challenge of this games content is the bugs in FPs, OPs and putting up with people that love to shoot immune targets even thou you keep telling them it is immune.

Edited by Herbertt

First of all. Calm down, its not helping your argument when you're using ad hominem. You can't honestly give them only endurance as all tanks would use that gear. Its fine if they spread around the point but have a stack of Presence. Its like PvP gear but with solo PvE orientation. (Currently, PvP gear has pretty much the same stat distribute + Expertise. The amount of Expertise included in each piece is enough to make PvP gear, effectively 1 tier lower in its ability to do group PvE content. [i.e. Battlemaster stats are equivalent to Columi. and Champion to Tionese. With the exception of the weapons but thats another thread.])

That way the best group PvE gear is found in operations, the best solo PvE gear is found in solo PvE (Dailys/Class Quests whatever) and the best PvP gear is found in rated WZs.

Not trying to argue with you just show my frustration at BW's lack of logic here as well as Solo Players. If the gear was for an Operative I would give them endurance. presence and Cunning, thats it because they would not need crit, surge or any other stat because it makes themselves a better player not their companion.

I am frustrated because after my guild read that they are going to give out raid gear for dailies all my raiders see no point in raiding anymore. This is why I am in SWTOR to raid. Whats the point of raiding if you as a player do not become better from raiding, you are given the raid gear from dailies. BW needs to figure out that their current plans are not logical in the least and Solo players need to accept they do deserve raid gear when they do not raid.

I am all for them getting presence gear. This was a topic back in Beta, they wanted solo raid gear but didnt want to raid. They wanted the same gear that raiders get, some even went as far as they should get PVP gear and not have to PVP for it. Again No logic and people need to pony up or ****, they do not deserve something they have not earned.

First of all. Calm down, its not helping your argument when you're using ad hominem. You can't honestly give them only endurance as all tanks would use that gear.

as a tank, i can tell you now i would not even touch it unless it had tanking stats on it :)

Any tank that just stacks endurance and ignores actual tanking stats is no better than a sentinel or such for tanking :p

however the idea about having solo gear with presence on in abundance and lower other stats in general is a good one...

If for example PvP gear is

100 main stat

100 endurance

100 expertise

50 secondary stat

50 secondary stat...

PvE Flashpoint/Operation Gear is..

150 main stat

150 endurance

75 secondary stat

75 secondary stat

PvE Solo gear...

75 main stat

75 endurance

75 presence

50 secondary stat

50 secondary stat

that would feel more or less balanced imo given the risk v reward of the gearing paths. assuming those are rough %

People, if your a true mmo player that actually enjoys playing with others, just move along.

Honestly don't waste your time, the game is pretty much a single player game.

Right now thats what myself, my guild and many people that raid are now considering doing. SWTOR is becoming at single player game, which I will not pay a monthly subscription to do. My fiancee just ordered Skyrim because she is tried of MMOs because she wants to play Solo from now on, it has to do with a baby on the way. She use to raid just as much as I did and what not, however she does not want to play $180 a year to solo when she could just pay $50 like she did for all the content. O and BTW the game gets patches and updates so things change as the game goes a long. Its $130 cheaper then dealing with giving Solo Players Mutliplayer rewards. Which is not logical by far.

If Bioware does there were people can just go do quest for Raid Gear people will quit. I know once my guild read this they all made the choice that they will cancel subscriptions. Thats over 60 people right now, I also spoke a handful other raiding guilds a few that are near member cap. All their members too were debating to cancel their subs.

People that came here to RAID do not care to see people who DO NOT RAID in RAID GEAR. Go Raid if you want the gear its that simple.

If you want SOLO gear ask for Gear that is purple Has Endurance, your Primary Stat, and Presence. You do not need any other stats like Crit, or Hit, or any other stat that makes you better. Have 10000 Presence that makes your companion better, I do not care. You do not need to be top DPS, or Healer, or Tank you are not playing with other people.

People raid to make themselves better with gear and as a player. This is not done SOLO. Solo Players can cry all they want about wanting RAID GEAR, they do not deserve it and have not earned it by SOLO Content. Its RAID GEAR for a reason. PEOPLE RAID FOR IT, NOT SOLO!

dude chill out the patch does not come out for probably a month and your fliping out over the pre test server patch notes? you seem like an experienced mmo player tell me you have more sense then to believe that those notes are the final product.

Of course NM raiders should get more than HM..and HM more than casual.

Everyone knows it...it just sucks that it seems this won't be the case.

Most "hardcore" players aren't elite...they just compete at a higher level, and are venting out because they won't really be allowed to. (Without a real reward)

again, the word of the month seems to be.. frustration.

Of course NM raiders should get more than HM..and HM more than casual.

Everyone knows it...it just sucks that it seems this won't be the case.

Most "hardcore" players aren't elite...they just compete at a higher level, and are venting out because they won't really be allowed to. (Without a real reward)

again, the word of the month seems to be.. frustration.

Which is interesting considering half of it is based off of rumor and heresay but its an mmo player base, I should not be surprised.

You dont raid you dont deserve raid loot. Its that simple, just like if you dont PVP you do not deserve PVP loot. Stop with your entitlement cry and get over your illogical. Go earn something for once stop looking for handouts because you dont want to get up off your *** and earn it.

Run out of intelligent things to say and just resort to mindless insults? We all knew it was coming (given how completely wrong you are) but I had hoped you would hold out for a few more posts.

Oh well.

Which is interesting considering half of it is based off of rumor and heresay but its an mmo player base, I should not be surprised.

That's true, things could change.

But Bioware sure doesn't help the situation by pointing out that anyone with crapload of credits and time can own all PVP and PVE gear without ever meeting another person.

(Again, just the perception at the moment from the patch)

You dont raid so you dont know what it takes to down content. So go sit in the corner little boy. You are un-able to think Logically. Your Augment is just like that of someone that wants to cry that they don't have a bowling trophy however they refuse to go join a bowling league and try to win a tournament. You people that feel entitled to stuff raid gear without raiding is sick, there is no logic to it.

Please go back and read my post again "little boy". Specifically the part where I said I did the first two raids in this game. But to make it even clearer for you, I raid hard modes twice a week using two different toons. So please get over yourself.

:) This is why I'm looking forward to GW2. No carrot on a stick for stats. Gear is purely for aesthetics and not for stats.

IMO they should just make all level 50 gear the same, but the better, cooler looking stuff for raids, HM, and NM. But then again this is Star Wars and not Guild Wars. :)

My question is why would a person that solo's cause they don't have time to raid or don't want raid, would even want RAID gear? To look pretty? I don't know it's all a bit silly

Because like raiders they like to progress their characters. They don't want to just get to level cap and say "well okay, game over". They want to continue progressing their toons. To do that means improving stats and gear.

Futhermore, what makes it "raid" gear as opposed to just better gear? Can I not just as easily declare it "solo" gear and demand to know why raiders want solo gear for raiding?

It appears many of you have skipped over some of the details.

The armor is not the highest in the game.

The armor has no set bonus.

The set bonus in my opinion is what makes the raid gear exceptional.

Raiders will still get the best gear.

It appears many of you have skipped over some of the details.

The armor is not the highest in the game.

The armor has no set bonus.

The set bonus in my opinion is what makes the raid gear exceptional.

Raiders will still get the best gear.

Do I need to tell him?

So let me get this straight.

You are going to someone notice a person in fleet with a piece of raid gear and then you are going to know if he got it from a raid or another means?

When you pass this guy even if you know he did not get it from doing ops, are you going to feel angry, sad or ripped off that he has it?

Are you also suggesting you only do ops for gear? If gear did not drop you still would not run ops?

I am so sick of people who don't play MMO's for fun. Sure take the game seriously when you are doing HM/NM but thats not what we are talking about.

To answer your topic question Why raid when you can just do dailies?

For the enjoyment of it, entertainment value. If you are doing ops for fun you are doing it wrong.

So let me get this straight.

To answer your topic question Why raid when you can just do dailies?

For the enjoyment of it, entertainment value. If you are doing ops for fun you are doing it wrong.

You mean to tell me theres actually someone out there who finds dailies enjoyable and entertaining? :eek:

Lol ok. Sounds to me like you are one of those casuals who say, "It should be about fun not loot!" and then come into threads like this and go, "why should only raiders get the best loot! I pay the same sub fee, why shouldnt I get a Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?"

You mean to tell me theres actually someone out there who finds dailies enjoyable and entertaining? :eek:

Lol ok. Sounds to me like you are one of those casuals who say, "It should be about fun not loot!" and then come into threads like this and go, "why should only raiders get the best loot! I pay the same sub fee, why shouldnt I get a Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?"

GJ m8, now I want Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker as a vibrosword in SWtor or something similiar make it happen BW! ;p

GJ m8, now I want Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker as a vibrosword in SWtor or something similiar make it happen BW! ;p

As a casual I DEMAND Bioware add Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker as a vibrosword. I pay the same sub fee as WoW players and deserve it.

:rak_eek:

I am so sick of people who don't play MMO's for fun. Sure take the game seriously when you are doing HM/NM but thats not what we are talking about.

I am so sick of you people who think that you are entitled to this gear without raiding. Yes its a problem it causes people to stop raiding and play Solo. If you can be giving raid gear for not raiding people will not raid. It talked about all over my server in general chat. You people need to quit asking for handouts.

I am so sick of you people who think that you are entitled to this gear without raiding. Yes its a problem it causes people to stop raiding and play Solo. If you can be giving raid gear for not raiding people will not raid. It talked about all over my server in general chat. You people need to quit asking for handouts.

I raid, so don't try to come after me without acknowledging that fact.

That being said, in THIS game, I would absolutely raid if I had 2 options raid or grind weeks of solo daily content. Because the raids are interesting, and they drop the loot at a far higher rate. And you need to stop with the whole argument of "shouldn't need raid gear to do solo content". That's a classic chicken and egg argument, and if you can't see that, you're simply entrenched in the classical "raiding is the end all be all of endgame content" thought process. A lot of people, myself included would love to have significant solo progression as well as having a REASON for it. I'd probably do that too, in addition to raids and group content.

the "best" gear for you depends on what you are doing. for instance BM gear is the "best" for pvp, rakata is the "best" for operations. they should make a tier of gear with presence on it (a useless stat of ops and pvp) for questing and soloing content with your companion. that way all players can get the "best" gear in the game for what they do and everyone is happy. Operations should be the only way to get operation gear pvp should be the only way to get pvp gear and questing should be the only way to get quest gear end of story