Can YOU interrupt a 2.5 second cast?

Acyu

Vast majority of sorc healers are about as bad as their dps counterparts. They just stand there while people beat on them. Now they'll have to learn how to get their big heal off effectively under pressure, press other buttons like force speed, knockback, use line of sight/pillar hump.

Scrubs RIP 1.2

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It balances them? Ironic. Whenever a DPS complains about healers you got twenty healers telling the DPS he's bad and he wants to kill healers without using his brain. Funny how that changes when the healers recieve the short end of the stick.

Advice: Deal wit it or reroll the next FOTM.

Since when have healers EVER been FOTM? We're the least represented group in every MMO since the invention of MMOs. This game is already much harder to heal in than any other. This is our MAIN heal. The one we all rely on because its the only one that actually heals for a decent amount. This nerf is absolutely crippling. Whatever complaints you may have with hybrid sorcs has NOTHING to do with healing sorcs. It's hard to survive vs marauders already; and they're getting buffed while our main spell is getting nerfed. This is crippling.

Thats kinda bs actually

The reality is that sorc/sages will be forced to spam the lesser heal, end up oof and either self lifetap to death or wait to get out of combat... not

Its just an overnerf and a not very well thought one, was it so hard to change resurgence into giving some sort of buff that you could stack to 3 or 5 and THAT would give you a free lifetap?

They just went in and kneejerk nerfed it to the freaking ground, i'd really love to see what a sage/sorc healer will be able to do in a close voidstar, heal for 1-2 min, then stare at the pillar

Just bullship

The thing that people aren't realizing is that forebending now gives Dark heal an an effecive crit chance of 100%. Which means it will most likely heal for more than Dark Infusion would've anyways.

But Oh NOES, BW broke my old rotation, and I can't see that they made another one completely viable!

Edited by Sir_Toothless

What?

Dark Heal crits for 2600ish in bm gear with 75% surge

My Dark Infusion on the other hand crits in the 5k range so im not sure what are you babbling about

2 Dark Heals might be comparable but the second does not have the 60% buff and lets not even count the force costs in there...

Edited by Leszor

What?

Dark Heal crits for 2600ish in bm gear with 75% surge

My Dark Infusion on the other hand crits in the 5k range so im not sure what are you babbling about

2 Dark Heals might be comparable but the second does not have the 60% buff and lets not even count the force costs in there...

Except that the Dark Infusion doesn't have the effective 100% crit chance.

From what I've seen (I'm far from BM gear), Dark heal crits for higher than Dark Infusion's base.

Which means 65% of the time, this is actually a buff, not a nerf, especially considering many will be saving their interrupt for Dark Infusion.

Edited by Sir_Toothless

Yeah, a critted DH is indeed very close (slightly higher) then a normal DI, but this way you lose any kind of possibility of burst healing

Not counting the bug you could pop Recklessness and guarantee an usually very needed 5+k , now thats gone

Add in the fact that we cant lifetap ourselves for free anymore and you definitely dont have a good picture

I appreciate the optmism but sometimes nerfs are not very well though, like in this case

Yeah, a critted DH is indeed very close (slightly higher) then a normal DI, but this way you lose any kind of possibility of burst healing

Not counting the bug you could pop Recklessness and guarantee an usually very needed 5+k , now thats gone

Add in the fact that we cant lifetap ourselves for free anymore and you definitely dont have a good picture

I appreciate the optmism but sometimes nerfs are not very well though, like in this case

Honestly though, the free lifetap losing its health cost isn't that big of a deal.

Sorcs already have the best power pool in the game. Despite spells cost more than other classes' equivalents, there is no denying that sorcs have the most managable energy fuel source in the game. So yeah, every once in a while we will have to sacrifice 15% (13%) health to regenerate energy at will.

The loss of our reckless-ness burst means we will have to change our tactics, but honestly it isn't anything major, because we will just recklessness for something else.

kind of hard to come in all doom and gloom on a 2.5 second cast on a heal, when thats what other classes have had from the beginning. Heck with the exception of operatives hot, every other heal they are able to cast (including the instant cast) requires them to cast their 2.5 second heal (by default), 2 seconds with talents (not counting alacrity. So its not the end of the world.

Also the fastest interrupt cd is 6 seconds when specced(and thats only powertech's), and not every ranged class has one (i know sniper does but its a 12 second cd). Melee seem to have lower cd ones or the ability to reduce it or increase its range slightly (gear). Either way 1.5 second big heal is ridiculous in those instances. well not ridiculous, but it devalues any threat placed on melee getting in range of you if its 1.5 pre alacrity, pre trinket, thats 3 big heals before the fastest interrupt is off cd.

Edited by goulet

Honestly though, the free lifetap losing its health cost isn't that big of a deal.

Sorcs already have the best power pool in the game. Despite spells cost more than other classes' equivalents, there is no denying that sorcs have the most managable energy fuel source in the game. So yeah, every once in a while we will have to sacrifice 15% (13%) health to regenerate energy at will.

The loss of our reckless-ness burst means we will have to change our tactics, but honestly it isn't anything major, because we will just recklessness for something else.

You never played a premade vs premade Voidstar, have you? You have to tap pretty much every 9s or you WILL run out of force in a minute

Force in its current state is definitely the best resource avaiable to healers (my main was actually a Sawbones) but going from "free lifetap every Innervate crit" to no more free lifetap its just too much, especially with the Resurgence change that will undeniably force us to cast a lot more of the non force efficent DHs

Sorry to say, but when i read "once in a while" regarding to the lifetap it just showed that you lack experience with the class OR you are content enough with dying all the time, wich, franky, im not, especially to "regen"

Edited by Leszor

You never played a premade vs premade Voidstar, have you? You have to tap pretty much every 9s or you WILL run out of force in a minute

what finite energy pool class (no warriors) can go a minute to begin with (Bh's heat procs being the notable exception)?

Force in its current state is definitely the best resource avaiable to healers (my main was actually a Sawbones) but going from "free lifetap every Innervate crit" to no more free lifetap its just too much, especially with the Resurgence change that will undeniably force us to cast a lot more of the non force efficent DHs

Sorry to say, but when i read "once in a while" regarding to the lifetap it just showed that you lack experience with the class OR you are content enough with dying all the time, wich, franky, im not, especially to "regen"

Currently my main is a Healing Op, and my secondary is a mirrored Scoundrel. So yeah, I will say that I lack experience with the sorc/sage class.

The only other optimistic thing I have to say is that with the changes to the Op/scoundrel healer, Sorcs might find themselves in more "favorable circumstances," but honestly, time will tell.

kind of hard to come in all doom and gloom on a 2.5 second cast on a heal, when thats what other classes have had from the beginning. Heck with the exception of operatives hot, every other heal they are able to cast (including the instant cast) requires them to cast their 2.5 second heal (by default), 2 seconds with talents (not counting alacrity. So its not the end of the world.

Also the fastest interrupt cd is 6 seconds when specced(and thats only powertech's), and not every ranged class has one (i know sniper does but its a 12 second cd). Melee seem to have lower cd ones or the ability to reduce it or increase its range slightly (gear). Either way 1.5 second big heal is ridiculous in those instances. well not ridiculous, but it devalues any threat placed on melee getting in range of you if its 1.5 pre alacrity, pre trinket, thats 3 big heals before the fastest interrupt is off cd.

That's not 3 big heals before interrupt is off CD though, because you have to cast resurgence first to reduce the casting time, and resurgence has a 6 second cooldown. So first you need to cast resurgence, then GCD, then the 1.5 DI, then GCD, then run away until resurgence gets off CD, then repeat. Maybe you can stun them, knock them off a ledge, or whatever; this isn't the end of the world. But honestly, its hard enough to live against good dps classes as it is. Nerfing our best heal just makes it even harder. It cripples what is already the squishiest class in the game and just makes it even harder for them to survive.

what finite energy pool class (no warriors) can go a minute to begin with (Bh's heat procs being the notable exception)?

Tier based energy classes can go on forever actually if well managed, but (obviously) their sustain will be far lower, having to actually manage the resource, dont get me wrong, as i already said Force in its current state is the better resource by a good margin

But now let me ask you, how are you going to keep up in a heated brawl if your resource naturally only gives you 8fps and your new "main" heal costs 50 and heals for 1800ish? Surely casting a 2.5s heal is not considered to be viable in a lot of situations

Come on you dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand that they went too far

Nerfing burst healing OR force regen might have been ok, but both? No, just no

To be honest i'd just have buffed commando and scoundrel resource ONLY if healer, but Bioware decided to go the opposite direction so yeah

Edited by Leszor

Tier based energy classes can go on forever actually if well managed, but (obviously) their sustain will be far lower, having to actually manage the resource, dont get me wrong, as i already said Force in its current state is the better resource by a good margin

But now let me ask you, how are you going to keep up in a heated brawl if your resource naturally only gives you 8fps and your new "main" heal costs 50 and heals for 1800ish? Surely casting a 2.5s heal is not considered to be viable in a lot of situations

Come on you dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand that they went too far

Nerfing burst healing OR force regen might have been ok, but both? No, just no

An Ops main heal is 2.0s, so 2.5s really isn't that far off, especially considering the strength of your bubble, and your ability to use other spells in the mix.

An ops only other direct heal requires us to have an UH trigger, which thanks to the new changes, we will be able to store more readily, but that doesn't change the fact that in tight situations, our secondary heal depends on us being able to successfully land our first.

This is not the case for sorcs.

An Ops main heal is 2.0s, so 2.5s really isn't that far off, especially considering the strength of your bubble, and your ability to use other spells in the mix.

An ops only other direct heal requires us to have an UH trigger, which thanks to the new changes, we will be able to store more readily, but that doesn't change the fact that in tight situations, our secondary heal depends on us being able to successfully land our first.

This is not the case for sorcs.

last time i checked sorcerer's dark infusion (pre-1.2) depended on casting another heal (the HoT for force bending).

Any good sorcerer knows not to cast dark infusion at its 2.5 second cast time.

Any good sorcerer will know to first cast their HoT, then dark infusion.

Sure, it's not required, but that's how sorcerers play.

The change will make the HoT less appealing since you cannot afford to use a GCD on a force-reduction buff.

2.5 second on every viable heal is ridiculous.

Dark infusion is the ONLY viable heal when it comes to surviving.

Bubble is a damn bandaid, and innervate (the channel) is only casted when you are interrupted or need a consumption buff... oh wait that's removed as well.

And i don't understand where people get the idea that sorcerers can heal themselves AND 2-3 other people with DPS on these people.

Pure lies, and you know it.

last time i checked sorcerer's dark infusion (pre-1.2) depended on casting another heal (the HoT for force bending).

Any good sorcerer knows not to cast dark infusion at its 2.5 second cast time.

Any good sorcerer will know to first cast their HoT, then dark infusion.

Sure, it's not required, but that's how sorcerers play.

The change will make the HoT less appealing since you cannot afford to use a GCD on a force-reduction buff.

2.5 second on every viable heal is ridiculous.

Dark infusion is the ONLY viable heal when it comes to surviving.

Bubble is a damn bandaid, and innervate (the channel) is only casted when you are interrupted or need a consumption buff... oh wait that's removed as well.

The ONLY real loss you have this patch is the loss of cost to consumption, which only puts you in line with the regeneration of other classes.

And i don't understand where people get the idea that sorcerers can heal themselves AND 2-3 other people with DPS on these people.

Pure lies, and you know it.

You clearly haven't read all of the patch notes.

The new changes also means that that HoT gives Dark heal an effective crit chance of 100%, meaning atleast 65% of the time, it will heal more than the current Hot+DI combo in the same time frame, making it more viable when surviving than the curretn HoT+DI combo.

Pro-Tip: Logic and Math are good.

Really, guaranteeing that you don't lose health on one of your consumptions just puts you in line with the resources of other healers - stop complaining.

And I don't understand where you get the idea that other healers can heal themselves and 2-3 other people either - derp.

Edited by Sir_Toothless

Im just gonna answer to this since im not interested in arguing your justifying the nerfs to another class because yours is worse

I truly dont get how you can write something like this and keep a straight face

0.5s on your main heal means the gosh darn world when you are actually... you know, trying to heal people

Judging from your answer i got the idea that not only you have no Sorc/Sage experience, but very little to no pvp experience at all

Pro-Tip: Logic and Math are good.

Really, guaranteeing that you don't lose health on one of your consumptions just puts you in line with the resources of other healers - stop complaining.

Eh, 8fps ? Really?

Again your posts showed your nature

"my class is worse so nerf all the others"

Bah, im done

Edited by Leszor

Im just gonna answer to this since im not interested in arguing your justifying the nerfs to another class because yours is worse

I truly dont get how you can write something like this and keep a straight face

0.5s on your main heal means the gosh darn world when you are actually... you know, trying to heal people

Judging from your answer i got the idea that not only you have no Sorc/Sage experience, but very little to no pvp experience at all

Is this a joke?

Currently, your main heal has a 1.5s timer when you would normally go though the process of casting it, and mine has a 2.0s timer. I know every bit how much that 0.5s matters.

Throw in the fact that on top of yours casting faster when you actually use it, it heals more than my 2.0s cas heal does.

As I said, my sorc is far from BM gear, but my pvp experience is about as good as any other solo-queing Op healer.

Edit:

Eh, 8fps ? Really?

Again your posts showed your nature

"my class is worse so nerf all the others"

At a maximum, my regenation is 6Eps, including the buff from Stim Boost.

After 9 seconds of spam healing, my regenration is <4Eps, including the buff from Stim Boost.

After 21 seconds, including my use of my Adren probe, I am empty of energy.

I understand people saying that I have to conserve my energy, cause thats what I do.

But in order for me to conserve energy, I have to only use my HoTs, with a sporadic Main heal, here and there.

Yes, your heals have a MUCH higher cost than mine, I do in fact understand that.

But your class has the best sustained group healing, and it far outmatches what either of the other healers can do. BW didn't infact 'kill' the sorc/sage class, they are just now on par with the other healers.

I mean honestly, do you not think that I would've prefered a super buff to Ops that would put us on par with the current sorc/sage quality of life. Because I would love that, the problem is then that nobody would die ever. Period. Plain and simple. So instead they made some improvements to my class to raise its level to that of a merc, then lowered a sorc to be on the same level as the merc.

Edited by Sir_Toothless