1.2 Mara buffed, Operatives nerfed... Absolutely baffling.

aspectsofwar

Marauder - the strongest DPS in the game and arguably most powerful PvP class in organized PvP get massive buffs.

Operative - the weakest sustained DPS in the game has sustained DPS nerfed while keeping high burst.

This should confirm to everyone how clueless Bioware is when it comes to class balance. I've lost all hope. I hate to say it but this puts the nail in the coffin for me. I don't see bioware suddenly having an epiphany and understanding class balance any time in the near future. Do you?

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marauder - the strongest DPS in the game and arguably most powerful PvP class in organized PvP get massive buffs.

Operative - the weakest sustained DPS in the game has sustained DPS nerfed while keeping high burst.

This should confirm to everyone how clueless Bioware is when it comes to class balance. I've lost all hope. I hate to say it but this puts the nail in the coffin for me. I don't see bioware suddenly having an epiphany and understanding class balance any time in the near future. Do you?

The only viable spec really pre 1.2 for Sent/Marauder was the DOT tree. That line didn't really get a buff, we lost major parts of it. Combat/Carnage needed the buff. Focus/Rage I can't explain, probably the "Easy" Spec.

They basically made Marauders have a choice how they play instead of forced Annihilation.

I wish all classes received THAT treatment.

I mean; I hear bounty hunters only have relevance for DPS as Pyrotech.

Which; is also a SHARED tree. Which makes no sense.

- EDIT -

I think they posted this news in the middle of the night to avoid MASS hysteria.

That comes tomorrow. :p

Edited by DamienHelzcoming

The only viable spec really pre 1.2 for Sent/Marauder was the DOT tree. That line didn't really get a buff, we lost major parts of it. Combat/Carnage needed the buff. Focus/Rage I can't explain, probably the "Easy" Spec.

I found Carnage to be very strong on my Mara. Its amazing in PvP. High burst damage, high sustained damage, 15% movement speed increase over the other specs and tons of snare breakers etc. This is before the incoming buffs of course.

With a dedicated healer I'm an unstoppable wrecking ball.

On my operative however, I struggle to even stay in the fight. The damage outside of opening burst is pathetic. You die in seconds and have terrible in combat mobility. At least I can get a 2.5k healing medal that my mara cant I guess...

I was honestly expecting the complete opposite of what Bioware has decided to do. This does not bode well for the future of class balance in my opinion.

Edited by aspectsofwar

1.2 is looking like a possible disaster.

Their understanding of top end PVP class balance is very poor if this is the patch notes they come out with.

They could have just asked any strong PVP guild and come up with much better than this.

well, i can't speak for the lvl 50 warzones, but sub level 50, marauders, including carnage marauders were completely awful. I don't know whether its because the gear didn't scale right or what, but i could play the game of my life as lvl 40 marauder and get like 200k damage, whereas i could log my sorc or mercenary and just run around and do whatever and put up similar numbers. And playing the game of my life as a sorc or merc, i've put up 400k with sorc and 350k with merc, so... the point being marauders needed a buff sub 50, i can't speak for 50+ however..

It kind of sounds like everyone cried about how operatives or whatever could destroy their precious saber wielders... and made them essentially human cops with no power at all who should FEAR force users. Not someone who stands any real chance.

People weren't even crying about them after their original nerf. Why they are being nerfed again is beyond me...

All it does is confirms PVP players ruin good MMO's. Not that i think this game is ruined by any means.

This is the most truthful thing since news of the 1.2 changes I've read on the forums so far.

Edited by Averran
edited quote

Its sad....

Ah well, blues is over, time to prepare for GW2, as i have zero faith things will change any time soon...ilum...sigh...

ya played GW2 beta, prepare for lame...

Great changes and some tweaks still needed on some, GL BW...

1.2 is more likely to kill the game rather than making it "better"

and why the hell are they going to nerf operatives even more oh yeah wait all the unskilled and undergeared players are whining on forums since they die to BM operatives in on stunlock

Its like Bioware is trying to force everyone to play lightsaber classes

Edited by petsa

Funny Gw2 announced 5 mins ago on social media that the first wave of invites is going out. Unless you are part of the media, which I doubt.....

This is no Buff for Marauders..It just removed the 1 force cost on awe and kick...When i pop rebuke people still hit mt 24/7 and feed me Force and if that fails zeals strike /charge for mass focus...We had no problem maintaing Force...You make it sound like were gonna turn into Powertechs overnight...what a joke.

Hey i play SWTOR, i know lame. It is impossible to be worse than this rofl. Why dont you go chill on Ilum and try some of "breathtaking large scale open world PvP" rofl

If its as bad as here (cant really be) at least ist FREE.

Edited by GrandMike

Hey i play SWTOR, i know lame. It is impossible to be worse than this rofl. Why dont you go chill on Ilum and try some of "breathtaking large scale open world PvP" rofl

If its as bad as here (cant really be) at least ist FREE.

This game is far from bad, world pvp yes, DAOC had that down to a science, one of my servers has had a nice increase over the last few weeks and keeps getting bigger, 9/10 threads are good and most whine threads are in the pvp forms from kids...

Stopped reading after mara stongest dps in the game...go qq moar.

He is best DPS class right now. And he is only class that can keep sustained DPS if played right. Only real healer killer right now. And if played right - he is unkillable in 1vs1 against equally geared target.

This game is far from bad, world pvp yes, DAOC had that down to a science, one of my servers has had a nice increase over the last few weeks and keeps getting bigger, 9/10 threads are good and most whine threads are in the pvp forms from kids...

No server has had an increase....from release. rofl

In fact people whine for SERVER MERGES because WZs pop every 12 hours lol

Yeah, i feel you.

This is no Buff for Marauders..It just removed the 1 force cost on awe and kick...When i pop rebuke people still hit mt 24/7 and feed me Force and if that fails zeals strike /charge for mass focus...We had no problem maintaing Force...You make it sound like were gonna turn into Powertechs overnight...what a joke.

They did A LOT more than that to buff marauders. Have you read the patch notes?

Edited by aspectsofwar

No server has had an increase....from release. rofl

In fact people whine for SERVER MERGES because WZs pop every 12 hours lol

Yeah, i feel you.

Meh they have, been 2 threads on here showing it, my low pop server takes 5mins at most to que for lowbie and 50...

Now at 5am i can see that but otherwise only getting better, and ppl want server merges/wzs etc for quicker/more variaty from the same premade ppl etc...

Meh they have, been 2 threads on here showing it, my low pop server takes 5mins at most to que for lowbie and 50...

Now at 5am i can see that but otherwise only getting better, and ppl want server merges/wzs etc for quicker/more variaty from the same premade ppl etc...

Most servers are dying, the only ones growing are the several high population servers that are all rerolls from dead servers. Luckily I'm on one of the high pop ones.

Edited by aspectsofwar

From a Vanguard p.o.v...

Yup, not getting this one either. Although I've seen OPs and Scoundrels who can do quite well, they don't come close to putting out the damage pressure of a Marauder or Sentinel.

But, surely the Marauder and Sentinel have to sacrifice something for that benefit, right? Nope, they also have better survivability and group utility. Somebody at Bioware needs a primer on PvP balance.

Edited by Raggok