1.2 New armor models!

Iwipe

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really need new sets... My smuggler won't wear that, my juggernaut will DEFINITELY not wear that, my sniper will NOT wear that

My inquisitor? I probably might wear the PvP set.*

*If my class wasn't beaten to death with Thor's nerf hammer to the point where healing is stupid and dps is terribad.

I like complex designs, sure. But why not come out with two sets for each? One simplified robes (with designs and such mind you) and the other something a little more flashy for people who want to look ridiculous (like me, sadly)

I can walk around in silly armor but the inquisitor stuff? That's crossing a line I never thought I'd come to.

Sorry to say this BW, but have u considered firing the staff that came up with these...utterly bad looking stuff. Would like to give constructive feedback, but all i can say is just thrash those models and start fresh. Well maybe bounty hunter looks decent and trooper pve, but those are only ones.

BH is the only one I find nice. Guess sage and knight PvE too. Either way, the empire definitely doesnt work compared to the republic side, it's much worse.

I'm usually the last guy to have a problem with things... but wow, these don't look that great... at least not for a Star Wars game. :-/

Edited by SillyTurtle

Imagine any one of those Armours in a Star Wars movie...

Helmets look Utilitarian (Rebel Troopers), Cool (Boba Fett), Intimidating (say Stormtroopers, or dangerous (Vader), this looks like Power Rangers.

And whats with all those over-the-top blades on gloves?

This is JUST NOT STAR WARS anymore.

Bleh, i guess at this point i'm just another QQ'er now, but yeah, it's all very hit and miss. Snipers and Operatives should not have any orange coloured gear, that doesn't make sense. They're not superheroes, they're the star wars equivalent of a CIA Wet-team. It should be practical looking gear with subtle colours. Not bright orange.

Are practical considerations even taken to when this armor is designed? There's such a bewildering array of great artwork out there, i can't believe such a highly funded game as this is struggling with out of touch art design.

Edited by Zeromanicus

George Lucas would laugh and probably pass out if he saw how ugly these new pvp armour look's.

How the heck did this crap get allowed into the game?

I feel sorry for anybody who is going to wear the new sets, cause your D.O.S [ Dead On Sight ], he/she will be the first targeted simply cause of the hideous look...

sith warrior looks awesome, all the other sith would look good if you hide the head slot.

once again, im glad i havent rolled a sage. poor jedi wizards. their pvp helmet stands out as stupid as the knights samurai hat.

im a trooper, and i really like the look of that pvp set so im happy, the helmet looks a wierd shape but im hoping that just because of the angle of the photo. probably would of liked a bit more colour, in the middle of that and the combat tech.

overall, not bad.... for my trooper anyway

EDIT - Just seen the smugglers, thank god for hide head slot...

Edited by Jay_Stocker

WHY is Rated PvP gear just a re-coloration of unrated PvP gear?

WHY do both Advanced Classes have the exact same armor, just different colors?

WHY does every design other than Sage and Trooper look terrible?

If we are getting better textures in 1.2, WHY do these models still look like absolute crap?

How your character looks is a VERY important part of an MMO. WHY does Bioware continually manufacture this nonsense that doesn't look good, and more importantly doesn't fit with the Star Wars theme?

Seriously Bioware, fire whoever designed this crap and hire someone with talent. Hold a contest like Blizzard does. Or something.

This is getting ridiculous.

the only sets that look good are:

Pve sage

Pve knight

Pve trooper

pve BH

You just listed the least freaky outfits, and rightly so. Simplicity and elegance... I will go so far as to say that the Sage PvE is downright attractive.

Meanwhile, someone clearly felt that "space pimp" was much too nice for smugglers so they made dual beer-can holders for the smugglers. How nice.

Seriously, Bioware, level with us - is someone holding a school hostage? Bombs they threaten to set off if you make any armor that doesn't look like dreck? Or did Blizzard manage to send infiltrators in to lead your art department and they are now having huge success in turning off all your want-to-be-dedicated end-game players? Go on, tell us, we could at least respect you if you were doing this for the children or something.

I'm really trying not to add to the "TORchan" feel in these forums, but you're making it impossible.

THANK YOU to whoever decided to let us rip the mods out of this and put it in orange, at least we can pick the least objectionable stuff we can find in moddables and go with that.

Thanks for making smugglers and agents look stupid bioware.

I mean holy ****, any piece of WoW loot looks better than this ****. GG bioware.

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content

WHY is Rated PvP gear just a re-coloration of unrated PvP gear?

WHY do both Advanced Classes have the exact same armor, just different colors?

WHY does every design other than Sage and Trooper look terrible?

If we are getting better textures in 1.2, WHY do these models still look like absolute crap?

How your character looks is a VERY important part of an MMO. WHY does Bioware continually manufacture this nonsense that doesn't look good, and more importantly doesn't fit with the Star Wars theme?

Seriously Bioware, fire whoever designed this crap and hire someone with talent. Hold a contest like Blizzard does. Or something.

This is getting ridiculous.

They didn't have to bother so much with the gear design, because everyone is just going to rip the mods out of them anyway to put them in orange gear with augment slots.