So they nerfed Tracer Missile

Naizgrel

The Tracer Missle "nerf" is not a true nerf. It may do 10% less damage, but the heat cost is reduced to 16, so it's more spammable than ever and will probably lead to more damage per WZ.

In the end, there will be more QQ than ever about TM, especially since the animation has been changed to make it more inconspicuous, like grav round.

The only true nerf in this patch is for Ops/Scoundrels, who either have to heal or have no use whatsoever. I say this as someone who plays Jugg/Guardian primarily, and will now be wonderfully OP with the class changes.

Woo 1.2 for making the imbalance even worse. :D

Edited by Anderofindel

The Tracer Missle "nerf" is not a true nerf. It may do 10% less damage, but the heat cost is reduced to 16, so it's more spammable than ever and will probably lead to more damage per WZ.

In the end, there will be more QQ than ever about TM, especially since the animation has been changed to make it more inconspicuous, like grav round.

The only true nerf in this patch is for Ops/Scoundrels, who either have to heal or have no use whatsoever. I say this as someone who plays Jugg/Guardian primarily, and will now be wonderfully OP with the class changes.

I don't think think Ops should be nerfed, and I play a BH pyrotech. I more than half the time recover and kill a Op/Sco when they are on me. Learn how to play your class and negotiate the obstacle.

we definitely got nerfed in this one. taking 10% damage off of TM and adding it to HSM is a big nerf to dps, i would estimate it would lower my damage output by 1k per rotation. adding 5 seconds onto the cd of our only decent knockback and not changing the other worthless knockback is a nerf. reducing the damage reduction of power barrier by 50% is a nerf. the only good thing i can see from this is that proccing unload more will give us more dps due to barrage but we'll see if that will counter the TM damage nerf

at this point they nerfed the dps, defensive abilities, and utility of a class that didnt have any defensive or utility to begin with. unload might be the only saving grace but with a 3 sec cd still attached it may not counter the TM damage nerf

I don't think think Ops should be nerfed, and I play a BH pyrotech. I more than half the time recover and kill a Op/Sco when they are on me. Learn how to play your class and negotiate the obstacle.

Not saying they need to be nerfed, just that they're the only class actually getting nerfed. My bro plays Concealment Operative and is now going to be completely useless. What I was saying is that now a Soundreal or Operative has to be a Healer, or has no use at all.

TM isn't really nerfed, Arsenal is just going to be more faceroll than before.

No.. they didn't reduce the heat cost.. at least not really for ars merc.

Muzzle Fluting no longer reduces Heat costs. It now reduces the activation time of Power Shot and Tracer Missile by .5 seconds.

^-- this pre 1.2 Already reduced the heat cost. It seems all they did was make this offset the new 2 sec cast time.

Sooo If this is correct.

pre 1.2 a Merc with Flutting had a 1.5 sec, 16 heat, Tracer missile.

Post 1.2 a Merc with Flutting has a 1.5 sec, 16 heat, Tracer missile.

It's a wash.

Mercs now get Less damage to TM

I'm not sure if the bonus to Heatseeker exaclty makes up for the huge damage loss of TM (I say huge because TM makes up so much of our damage).

The mathleets will have to figue that out.

The biggest thing that disappoints me is the reduction to our already low survivability.

Because it looks like the ars tree got less survivability

Longer Jetblast Cooldowns

Less damage redction for power barrier

Um.. I dont get it? Is there more that isn't posted on there? is there new skills that we get?

1v1 BH is one of the weakest classes. This didn't seem to help that.

Hopefully there is something I am missing.

Edited by Typheran

No.. they didn't reduce the heat cost.. at least not really for ars merc.

Muzzle Fluting no longer reduces Heat costs. It now reduces the activation time of Power Shot and Tracer Missile by .5 seconds.

^-- this pre 1.2 Already reduced the heat cost. It seems all they did was make this offset the new 2 sec cast time.

Sooo If this is correct.

pre 1.2 a Merc with Flutting had a 1.5 sec, 16 heat, Tracer missile.

Post 1.2 a Merc with Flutting has a 1.5 sec, 16 heat, Tracer missile.

It's a wash.

the cannot fix muzzle flutting bug not reduce heat. this is their bug fixed.

Good thing Warzones aren't about 1v1. BHs are already one of the strongest ranged dps in the game, TM nerf is needed, and won't make you useless. Concealment/Scrapper however is getting another slap in the face for the 3rd time in a row.

so after some deliberation ive concluded that this is a nerf. the problem with TM is the reliance on it since it stacks every buff/debuff we have. so the natural solution would be to spread the buffs out to other abilities or change them to procs set on other abilities right? of course not, the solution is to spread the dps of TM out to HSM and unload apparently. with the new changes we'll see:

• HSM 10% damage increase
  • greater chance to proc unload from barrage

so what does this do for us? essentially this adds more of a reliance onto unload for dps. consequently this forces in a new ability to our rotation without actually reducing the reliance of TM (because we still need to stack buffs for HSM + RS). so now we have to weave in more unloads to keep our dps up which will take more time to stack our buffs/debuffs which lowers the use of HSM + RS which is our biggest burst. finally, since we are using HSM less post 1.2 that 10% damage increase now becomes inconsequential

to summarize, this change increases the use of unload without decreasing the use of TM which therefore decreases the use of HSM + RS. add in the power barrier and jetboost nerf and we just got nerfed across the board, we now do less damage and still have no defense, utility, or mobility

so after some deliberation ive concluded that this is a nerf. the problem with TM is the reliance on it since it stacks every buff/debuff we have. so the natural solution would be to spread the buffs out to other abilities or change them to procs set on other abilities right? of course not, the solution is to spread the dps of TM out to HSM and unload apparently. with the new changes we'll see:

• HSM 10% damage increase
  • greater chance to proc unload from barrage

so what does this do for us? essentially this adds more of a reliance onto unload for dps. consequently this forces in a new ability to our rotation without actually reducing the reliance of TM (because we still need to stack buffs for HSM + RS). so now we have to weave in more unloads to keep our dps up which will take more time to stack our buffs/debuffs which lowers the use of HSM + RS which is our biggest burst. finally, since we are using HSM less post 1.2 that 10% damage increase now becomes inconsequential

to summarize, this change increases the use of unload without decreasing the use of TM which therefore decreases the use of HSM + RS. add in the power barrier and jetboost nerf and we just got nerfed across the board, we now do less damage and still have no defense, utility, or mobility

To make it worse.. unload has twice the channel time of TM, so it's much easier to interrupt.

......... I wish they would make tutorial videos like they do for league of legends... so I can see just how Gabe A. makes a merc do well in pvp... because after 1.2 it's going to be much, much worse for their survivability.

I disagree about the barrage proc, it does excellent damage, and HS has been increased by 10% I welcome this change to be honest. All opponents have only ever interrupted my tracer. This may change with the animation too.

10% less damage to TM is not a big deal for me. The fact it's a bit more inconspicuous is great too.

Edited by Diddley

I tend to agree with this comment. However, this is the reason for most forum ************. When I play my op I never tend to go for people with full health. I wait till they are alone, or trying to heal and i pull off a roach kill. Stamping out a bothersome opponent before he can be a true threat again. Or I find another DPS on a target and throw the fight in their favor. I get tired of people thinking their class should beable to solo any other class in the game in a giant spam fest face to face.

Learning your class is best way to actually win a fight. However I think some of the War zones aren't really built with this in mind. Civil War in particular has few places to hide from Tracer /grave round attacks, or sorc/sage DPS abilities. A little more cover placed around to make fights more interesting would go a long way in my opinion.

What I hate about the BH nerf is the words used to justify the TM nerf

"Tracer Missile has been rebalanced in order to encourage more active gameplay rotations. It now generates 16 Heat, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage."

An Arsenal Merc is BASED on tracer missile just because many tree abilities/procs are based on it, it's not a player choice to spam TM, it's a BW choice that we have to accept as BH arsenal merc gameplay, but instead of say " sorry, we design a boring gameplay for you arsenal merc, we liked more sorc/sage" now it's a player choice nerfing the TM damage...

Take your responsabilityt BW, you failed on arsenal merc, it's not a player's fault staying stationary, IT'S YOUR FAULTY DESING THAT NOW WE HAVE TO PAY!!!

Disgusting...

You are joking.

The pyro skill tree is already stronger and now arsenal is nerfed even more relative to that tree?

By less reliance on the tm mechanic I had assumed they meant a shift to weaken the stack effect while improving the effects of the abilities that needed the tm buff to a degree that makes the skill tree on par with pyro.

Who gives a damn about tm costing less heat? If a player can't learn to manage their heat then they need to pick a different spec...

Pyro here I come...

Edited by inquisitorshadow

People can say what they like, but you know the truth, they nerfed bounty hunters WAY to hard now! people who still will be playing this class now will be useless in pvp and pve, other classes are WAY stronger! and they been stronger even before nerf, this is a low blow, and my final reason to stop subscription, k thx bye bioware, i would stick to singel player games!

And to said it, if this was about our class be to "easy" to play! what is wrong with that? don't you understand some people like it "easy" and are other classes thats more "hard" to play if we wanted that.

All mmo i've played have had an "easy" class, you make it sound like its a bad thing when it's not!

All people in the world like different stuff, i like bounty hunters how they was since i played from 1-50 and endless hours in raid + pvp.. Now all who is bh need learn to play this new class u will still call "bounty hunters". . I can't belive you did this!

Edited by DEuZZ

The way that they have "nerfed" us seems to suggest that they want people casting unload more? Honestly the changes they have made have NOT done anythinig to change our rotation, it is still the same boring crap even after 1.2. I actually got a little excited because of the quote the developer made in regards to wanting mercs to be more active in their playstyle. Well, that's total BS because this changes nothing.

They just wanted to stop rewarding players from pressing 1,1,1,1,1,1,1 the whole WZ/FP/Op. Its their way of saying, "Hey! We gave you all these nice DPS skills, its high time you start using more of them!"

It is only a reduction in dmg to tanky types that have higher chance to deflect or shield mitigate white dmg, on squishies the increased barrage procs will more than make up for the 10% loss in TM dmg.

Will the tracer missile hate die now?

It won't from me as long as I have to look like I'm trying to squeeze out a turd every time I want to proc a rail shot reset. Thanks, jerkwads.

Edited by bahdasz

It won't from me as long as I have to look like I'm trying to squeeze out a turd every time I want to proc a rail shot reset. Thanks, jerkwads.

"Tracer Missile and Fusion Missile's animations have been exchanged by popular demand from the community."

"Tracer Missile and Fusion Missile's animations have been exchanged by popular demand from the community."

Yes, meaning that as a Pyrotech he would use Fusion Missile to reset his Rail Shot CD.

Edited by Divinism

your a real arsenal hater arent you?

iritated it does more dmg? pvp anf pve! its to complicatet for you to understand?

Pyro must be the suckiest spec for BHs ever! you shame us for using it!