Official Questions Thread for March 23rd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Has any decisions been made on how to handle the low server populations where it is virtually impossible to get a group together to run any of the flashpoints or heroics? I see that the low population issues for pvp is going to be handled by allowing cross server lfg ... what is being done about the pve game play?

Thanks

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently have a couple mid to upper range characters with a champions bag (unique) in their bank, and 1000 mercenary and war zone commendations, ready to buy 5 more bags when they hit 50. what will happen to them when the new changes take effect, they wont be 50 by the time patch 1.2 go's live.

Since we're getting a friend invite program and you're pushing mentoring new players, will we get a proper mentoring/sidekicking system soon? It's rather pointless for a level 50 to hang with a new character and only so much can be achieved through just chat.

Any ETA on when the Class storylines will progress into Chapter 4?

I appreciate that this means new worlds, companions, crew skill levels, abilities, skill tree points, etc. But do you have any idea of when this could happen?

I would love to see some sort of leaderboard system within the realm of Space Combat, maybe something to track total kills in a mission versus others on the server, or even something to track your own best performances. Any plans for anything like this?

Ashara seems sort of unfinished for dark side sith inquisitors. She keeps referencing to "reform the empire", which I never indicated I would do. She constantly refers to being a jedi, reprimands you to not cause her to disobey her teachings, and generally seems an odd fit. I'm honestly not sure why I have her on my ship.

Are there any plans to address this? Perhaps adding a more fleshed out light/dark version of her, as was done with Jaesa for the sith warrior?

I also had to reroll my character on another server because the original one was dead. I'm now on the fullest I can find, but even that's pretty empty in most areas most of the time. At least the GTN isn't entirely a wasteland. Less but bigger servers would be greatly appreciated. After Taris, finding people for Heroic missions is almost impossible. And World bosses are absolutely impossible.

Are there any plans to fix these population issues?

I've already unsubscribed, but here's to helping fellow players who are still holding on:

Any ETA on addressing population issues and difficulties in finding groups in some servers? Group Finder tool? Server transfer?

Edited by aivedoir

It was mentioned in an article around launch time that each class storyline was inspired by a particular movie/TV Series (for example the Smuggler and Big Trouble in Little China). Could you share which movie/series inspired each class?

Is there any discussion about re-doing the friend's list system? What I mean is, will there be a "global" type way of adding people to our list? For example: I have 10 different people I want to add to my friend's list. They each have 5 characters. That means that I would have to add 50 names to my list for 10 people. Is there any talks about doing something about this so I only need to add them once and be able to see when they are online regardless of what server/character they are on? It would cut down the clutter of my friend's list and save me a lot of headache adding them all one at a time.