Will SWTOR be able to compete with upcoming MMOs?

SaerethDL

And you have to consider the people that actually remember to even cancel their subscription without it rolling over.

Yes because there's no doubt 300-400 thousand people who forgot to cancel their sub and keep paying for a game they don't play.

Do you get paid per post or what?

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have 30 people on mumble, a little less than half of those people have bought a gametime card before.

Yes, I bought 1 before also. When I was playing everquest. I did it once then realized it really was much more convenient to use my card.

Edited by Tygranir

No idea but there isn't anywhere close to 1.7m playing when they are THIS far below capacity.

3 month card. Grasping at straws much? :)

To be honest I'm surprised I can still post.

So how exactly to you know that their below capactiy in the first place? Do you actually have server numbers of how many players are active or are you just pulling that out your ***? Just curious.

Yes because there's no doubt 300-400 thousand people who forgot to cancel their sub and keep paying for a game they don't play.

Do you get paid per post or what?

Possibly yes.. i've done it, my gf has done it, i know a ton of friends that have done it.. it happens.. not everyone cancels their subscription on time.

So how exactly to you know that their below capactiy in the first place? Do you actually have server numbers of how many players are active or are you just pulling that out your ***? Just curious.

You do realize that there is a server status screen right?

lol....you guys are funny.

Edited by Gohlar

No, don't worry about it. He would rather spout rhetoric instead of ackowledging the actual numbers given to legal shareholders.

see, there arent any orc's in tera, you guys haven't even given it a look over.. and its not a korean grind fest.. most of their mmo's are, but this isnt the case.

Dude... TERA sucks. If you want to play a real game worth mentioning as competition to SWTOR, goto http://www.funcom.com and check out Secret World.

Yea I know, Funcom sucks, and they have a cruddy MMO launch history...but this time, I think they really learned from their mistakes. Third times a charm! In any case, I am in the Beta and I got to say, I was blown away.

That said, SWTOR is Star Wars and it will force me to dual sub both games. :p

Take a look, NOWHERE near capacity. Vast majority standard/light.

People are in denial man.. They don't remember the first month we couldn't even get into a server without wait.. and now its cricket island on the imperial fleet.

lol....you guys are funny.

You know people have jobs , so they can't play all the time. And plus what time is it...Est? 4pm? Not even peak time in North America.

People are in denial man.. They don't remember the first month we couldn't even get into a server without wait.. and now its cricket island on the imperial fleet.

I know they are. I shouldn't pick on them but I gotta get some entertainment out of this.

You do realize there are a large number of servers and not everyone plays at the same time, right?

You are hilarious.

He asked how I know. I answered. Never is the US near capacity.

I feel for you, but you guys are getting desperate.

Edited by Gohlar

The one that still shows a number of server as being heavy and standard in prime time? After they went in and increased the number of players per server which would allow more players on at a time before the server shows heavy.

Yes theres sever status , but let me tell you one detail. They don't give actual numbers. We don't know the max capacity of the servers are.

so light, standard, heavy mean nothing?

Come on guys you can do better than this, you aren't even thinking these arguments through anymore...

Dude... TERA sucks. If you want to play a real game worth mentioning as competition to SWTOR, goto http://www.funcom.com and check out Secret World.

Yea I know, Funcom sucks, and they have a cruddy MMO launch history...but this time, I think they really learned from their mistakes. Third times a charm! In any case, I am in the Beta and I got to say, I was blown away.

That said, SWTOR is Star Wars and it will force me to dual sub both games. :p

I signed up for that beta and eager to try it. Althought IMO tera is the best MMO i've played to date, but I can't say too much because I haven't played that much, but in that time frame its pretty good. I'll try anything, I just want to find an mmo that I can grow with and enjoy. I'm tired of hanging around the imperial fleet waiting for tuesday to roll around so i can raid. I'm not an altoholic, the story isnt that engaging and the characters are unique.. everyone is a carbon copy and all humanoid looking just to please their game engine that isn't very forgiving.

Will swtor lose alot of player base to mmo's that are coming out soon, TERA may 1st, and GW2 around dec? After playing TERA over beta weekend it seems like a very developed and quality MMO that has all the things an MMO'ers heart can desire. These mmo's didn't give the excuses that they are a new MMO and need to develop after launch.. they are delivering everything we expect in a modern day MMO on release.. How will swtor hold up to the competition is the question?

Not without space pvp.

so light, standard, heavy mean nothing?

Come on guys you can do better than this, you aren't even thinking these arguments through anymore...

No numbers are there. So we don't know how much ''Light'' , ''Medium'' , and ''Heavy'' mean. Theres just no way of knowing how much they are , you'd have to talk to one of the Devs about it.

No numbers are there. So we don't know how much ''Light'' , ''Medium'' , and ''Heavy'' mean. Theres just no way of knowing how much they are , you'd have to talk to one of the Devs about it.

I'm just wondering what he's gonna say next month when numbers are still relatively similar at the conference call.

Oh wait, he wont be here because his time card ran out.

Yep you're right, they are near bursting with all those light/standard servers!

lol!

I'm just wondering what he's gonna say next month when numbers are still relatively similar at the conference call.

I have to imagine I won't be able to post by then. As I said I'm surprised I still can.

You guys though will probably have to face reality by them, but who knows, I am impressed with your ability to delude yourselves.

Let alone that this game is so easy a small child can beat it, but hey whatever floats your boat!

Edited by Gohlar

Ahh yes, a group of people from NCSoft, makers of Aion, break off to make their own mmo Tera. I am certain it will be just as popular as the other one.

As far as server populations go. I recall seeing 100+ in fleet, while 30 in civil war while 20 in voidstar, while 40 in the pit, not counting the FPs and the OPs, the ships, space, and every planet and that is just at that very moment. I then got kicked to server selection and my server was standard as were the majority of them with a few heavy and full and several of them light. Which leads me to believe anyone who claims population issues based on 'server status' or what they see on their server, is clearly making stuff up.

Indeed. I think so , oh wait. You're right. He won't be here.

Will swtor lose alot of player base to mmo's that are coming out soon, TERA may 1st, and GW2 around dec? After playing TERA over beta weekend it seems like a very developed and quality MMO that has all the things an MMO'ers heart can desire. These mmo's didn't give the excuses that they are a new MMO and need to develop after launch.. they are delivering everything we expect in a modern day MMO on release.. How will swtor hold up to the competition is the question?

Tera is not new and will not be new when it gets released in the US. Its been out in Korea for several months.

When it was first released it was short content just like any other MMO. It just so happens the US version has not been released and there for will have all the content that has been added sense the games official launch.

Tera is no more well developed. Its a good game but it's your classic Korean fantasy game with mouse over targeting. It will be like every single other Korean Game. I too have been playing Beta. I had high hopes for it but have a feeling its going to go the path all Korean games go.

Edited by Sejia
insult

I have a PhD in theoretical psychology and astrophysical sports science and to me it sounds like you realise TERA is bad too, you're hoping people will respond to this thread saying otherwise and validating your reason to move to that game. My question is, why not just play SWTOR?

Yep you're right, they are near bursting with all those light/standard servers!

lol!

I have to imagine I won't be able to post by then. As I said I'm surprised I still can.

You guys though will probably have to face reality by them, but who knows, I am impressed with your ability to delude yourselves.

Let alone that this game is so easy a small child can beat it, but hey whatever floats your boat!

So this is your last Hur-rah huh? Don't you have anything else to do? Lol.