1.2 really should have been 1.0

DaKnuckles

Sorry but I don't like the way BW has been selling us on this big patch like it's a content upgrade when it really should have been in the launch of the game. Most of the features / fixes should have been implemented from the get go. I'm beginning to feel like I paid for 3 months of beta testing. Anyone who flames this posting should really take a step back and think for a min.

Yes, I've been through a couple other big MMO releases but this one is different. Take CyberTech for an example. Three months it took them to put our rare item in game to make things that we by now already have from doing FPs and OPs. EV is still broken and HMs just now started dropping the right loot (sort of).

A developer at the conference was surprised (himself) that there was no "ready check" already in game. The /roll feature took 3 months, quests are still broken, the Legacy system isn't in game yet which was advertized to be ready for release ect ect.

So what is BW going to do for all of us that have paid for a game that isn't as advertized? In the "real world" if you purchase something and you find it's not what was advertised you bring the item back. I paid for 3 months right off the bat because I always loved BW games and thought this game was a slam dunk because of BW and the content. Well I'm feeling a bit ripped off at this point. Maybe by the end of my 3 months the content I paid for will be in game... Maybe not who knows at this point.

What's BW going to do about this? So far all they've done is offer up a "founders title".

If I bought a car and when I got it home found out the brakes didn't work, the fuel line was not connecting the engine to the tank and the seats were missing I'd be a little PO'ed if all they offered me was a new hood ornament.

That's essentially what they've done.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. People in my guild and on our server all have reflected the same concerns as well as a laundry list of others. So what are you going to do BW?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to every MMO that tries to compete with WoW rather than make a good, unique game. They release too soon and numerous things that should have been in from the getgo take months to roll out. Especially when a company like EA is on the label...

Welcome to every MMO that tries to compete with WoW rather than make a good, unique game. They release too soon and numerous things that should have been in from the getgo take months to roll out. Especially when a company like EA is on the label...

....Just like WoW.....

If Bioware would have said, "SWTOR is not done, but since everyone is eager to play, we are going to release it early without some major features that will be forthcoming.", then would people have STILL BOUGHT IT?

Answer: Yes.

I've been having a blast for the last 3 months. What's really funny is you could have played the real Beta free and known exactly what was coming on release day, in fact, you could have pre-ordered and played during the head start and if you didn't like what you saw /cancelled your order and not had to pay a dime. Then again, I'm sure you did play in beta and head start. Don't tell me you didn't know what you were getting for your $$$, because that's a damned lie and everyone knows it.

If Bioware would have said, "SWTOR is not done, but since everyone is eager to play, we are going to release it early without some major features that will be forthcoming.", then would people have STILL BOUGHT IT?

Umm, they did say that. They even let people see the whole game for a month before the release, so not a single person here can say they didn't know what they were buying, and beyond that, even if they somehow lived under a rock up until release day, they had 30 days to play and decide whether the game was worth the sub or not. EVERY single person posting on this forum decided AFTER their initial playtime that the game was worth playing.

Edited by iceperson

If I bought a car and when I got it home found out the brakes didn't work, the fuel line was not connecting the engine to the tank and the seats were missing I'd be a little PO'ed if all they offered me was a new hood ornament.

This is a completely misplaced analogy. A proper analogy would be if you bought a car, and six months later there was a mid-year update featuring a new sound system, and you drove to the dealership with your used car and demanded compensation because the improved sound system wasn't available when you bought the car.

MMOs expand and add new features all the time, through either free periodic upgrades or paid expansions. This is not new and you are not being abused and mistreated.

I've been having a blast for the last 3 months. What's really funny is you could have played the real Beta free and known exactly what was coming on release day, in fact, you could have pre-ordered and played during the head start and if you didn't like what you saw /cancelled your order and not had to pay a dime. Then again, I'm sure you did play in beta and head start. Don't tell me you didn't know what you were getting for your $$$, because that's a damned lie and everyone knows it.

I never played the beta and when I paid for the 3 months it was right after the release because I had faith in BW from past gaming experiences. Call me a sucker but not a lier. Anyhow, you all can flame all you want but IMO all your doing is letting BW know it's ok to rip off people because you're stuck in the mentality that just because of the SW content it's ok to charge people to beta test or pay for a unfinished product.

My hard earned money is worth more to me than that...

I never played the beta and when I paid for the 3 months it was right after the release because I had faith in BW from past gaming experiences. Call me a sucker but not a lier. Anyhow, you all can flame all you want but IMO all your doing is letting BW know it's ok to rip off people because you're stuck in the mentality that just because of the SW content it's ok to charge people to beta test or pay for a unfinished product.

This is the thing. You are saying that you feel ripped off. I don't feel that way. That is called a difference of opinion. It doesn't mean either of us is lying.

This is the thing. You are saying that you feel ripped off. I don't feel that way. That is called a difference of opinion. It doesn't mean either of us is lying.

"Don't tell me you didn't know what you were getting for your $$$, because that's a damned lie and everyone knows it"

OK... sure we have a difference of opinion. Anyhow, to each their own I didn't expect everyone to agree with me. But, what I do know is pretty much everyone in my guild and on my friends list all said the same things. I'm just throwing it out there for discussion and hopefully some sort of response by BW.

Hopefully they tell you to stop whining.

He wouldn't listen.

Just another thread fishing for haters. They will congregate here (look, they already have). Best to just move on. There are more interesting threads around here.

So you couldn't have cancelled during the first 30 days? :rolleyes:

I got exactly what I paid for and I've enjoyed playing this game since release. Fortunately your 3 month sub is almost up, so we can move our separate ways and you can complain about the next game you buy for 3-4 months (I'm sure D3, Tera, GW2, etc... forums will love having you...)

Honestly, 1.2 doesn't even have everything that 1.0 should have had for a mmo release in this market. By a long shot.

They banked that people would be distracted piddling around with cutscenes and alt's for so long that they would be golden. They left out all the parts that tie a game together in the community aspect, and they got exactly what that brings. A bunch of fickle solo players that are now coasting out their subs.

Then after 3 days you would still be here, complaining about the features that aren't in the game. No developer will every make anyone happy, particularly those self-entitled brats who think they should get for $60 every feature the game is ever going to have for however long the game runs.

MMOs evolve. You can either get used to it, or stop playing them. Either way, the rest of us win.

Regarding the release of 1.2...

I am in agreement that BioWare is releasing very common features found in other games that should have been implemented before launch (guild bank or any other guild <featuregoeshere>, ability to move my UI components, etc). And some of the community are clapping and cheering. Seems pretty weak but that is just my 2 credits worth.

Bioware didn't make you sub for 3 months. You had 30 days to cancel. Why didn't you? Now that some improvements are coming, you feel entitled to a refund? Will you feel the same when 1.3 comes? Then 1.4? And so on? Contrary to what you might think, no one is forcing you to pay for the game. You made that choice. You can cut your losses if you feel ripped off. Honestly, if you are that upset with a company I dunno why you would keep paying them. Maybe you just like to complain?

Sorry but I don't like the way BW has been selling us on this big patch like it's a content upgrade when it really should have been in the launch of the game. Most of the features / fixes should have been implemented from the get go. I'm beginning to feel like I paid for 3 months of beta testing. Anyone who flames this posting should really take a step back and think for a min.

Yes, I've been through a couple other big MMO releases but this one is different. Take CyberTech for an example. Three months it took them to put our rare item in game to make things that we by now already have from doing FPs and OPs. EV is still broken and HMs just now started dropping the right loot (sort of).

A developer at the conference was surprised (himself) that there was no "ready check" already in game. The /roll feature took 3 months, quests are still broken, the Legacy system isn't in game yet which was advertized to be ready for release ect ect.

So what is BW going to do for all of us that have paid for a game that isn't as advertized? In the "real world" if you purchase something and you find it's not what was advertised you bring the item back. I paid for 3 months right off the bat because I always loved BW games and thought this game was a slam dunk because of BW and the content. Well I'm feeling a bit ripped off at this point. Maybe by the end of my 3 months the content I paid for will be in game... Maybe not who knows at this point.

What's BW going to do about this? So far all they've done is offer up a "founders title".

That's essentially what they've done.

I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. People in my guild and on our server all have reflected the same concerns as well as a laundry list of others. So what are you going to do BW?

Nothing new here. Every single MMO has released before the programmers/developers would have chosen to and then they have to play catch up. everyone knows that in deciding to be an early adopter you face the fact that there will be missing features and bugs in the first three months of every mmo. That said, there still exist the people that want to be the first (to level cap, to kill raid bosses, to whatever) and it's generally those that level cap that then flood the message boards with what's missing, needs fixing, needs this and that.

MMO's by their very nature are never complete and always fluid in their existence. Yes I agree the Founder title was meh, but imo I'd have waited to hand those out at the 6 month point to anyone that was still subscribed at that point rather than when everyone online got it. What's the point?

The game has flaws, there's no shortage of improvements to be made and/or content to add. However, I and couple million other folks find it enjoyable. Trim the servers down and there will be more communities out there rather than floating islands that sometimes bump into each other.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.