grav round changes in 1.2?

SweetOldBob

The way i see it is good commando's that have been using a correct rotation will notice little to no nerf.

The bad commando's that only spammed grav round will notice a large nerf.

I see it as a good thing!

^

Indeed.

Notes say they have increased activation time to 2 seconds and decreased damage by 10%.

Yup, which equals an effective damagenerf of 35%, AND making us even more prone to interrupts/pushbacks, AND we still have to spam this **** to set up demoround and proc FA.

Btw, assault also got nerfed as you still have to cast powershot to proc HiB. And with the 10% damage reduction increase in casttime from 1,5-2 sec, (which is HUGE, 35% damage reduction), the mobility and damageoutput of the tree got drastically reduced.

Edited by Niconogood

The way i see it is good commando's that have been using a correct rotation will notice little to no nerf.

The bad commando's that only spammed grav round will notice a large nerf.

I see it as a good thing!

If I may ask since I just hit 40 what do you consider to be the correct rotation?

I usually hit 2-3 Grav rounds, followed by FA (if a COF procs), Demo, Hammer,(for Ammo Regen) and HIB

Ive been tyring to find a "good" rotation for a while so any advice would be appreciated.

If I may ask since I just hit 40 what do you consider to be the correct rotation?

I usually hit 2-3 Grav rounds, followed by FA (if a COF procs), Demo, Hammer,(for Ammo Regen) and HIB

Ive been tyring to find a "good" rotation for a while so any advice would be appreciated.

Here is how i do it.

Opening needs to be grav round x3 (regardless of cof procs) this is to get 5 stacks of the debuff up on the target. Full auto even if cof has not procced (this is rare). grav round x2 but fa if cof procs (this is to get 5 stacks of the buff on yourself). The hib and demo round.

After the opening grav round back to 5 stacks of the buf on yourself while using fa on cof procs and hammer shots when needed for ammo management. At 5 stacks of the buf use hib and demo round. Use the ammo regen clicky when needed.

It is very important to keep the 5 stacks of the debuff up on the target as having to rebuild those stacks require grav round x3 to get back up.

Now that we have combat logs on the pts and people are already getting a ACT plug in up and going we will be able to get hard numbers on all of it.

I like to Grav Round x3 > Demo > Grav Round x2 > HiB > FA as apporpriate > repeat.

Demo Round and HiB together I'm not so much a fan of unless you just need all that burst right the hell now. I also like HIB as my filler when possible since its ammo free with the 4 piece set bonus.

All this "nerf" is going to do is hurt the noobs that spam nothing but grav round. Demolition round, which is probably our heaviest hitting attack, is getting a 10% damage buff. Curtain of fire is getting a significant increase to procs meaning more full autos. The only downside to this patch is the 10% damage loss in Grav round which is more than made up for by the buffs to our other attacks. Grav round is just a filler to use when the good attacks are on cooldown or when we need to refresh gravity vortexes anyway.

This, I'm assuming is coming from a level 50 Commando? Since Demo Round is at the top of the tree and we can only use it when we hit our mid 40's? My game is getting to 50, then I'll roll another character. I DO NOT PvP, do Operations, or Flashpoints. I mostly Solo, except when my wife plays.

So the good side of this 1.2 update is for PvP'ers, Players that do Operations, or Players that do Flashpoints, all of which are level 50 characters. ALL others below 50 and don't do the above are screwed, as they're play style has been nerfed badly to the point of almost unplayability.

And NO, I don't just spam Grav round and yes, I'm a veteran player. However, I see absolutely no good in this update for the Commando at all.

Yup, which equals an effective damagenerf of 35%, AND making us even more prone to interrupts/pushbacks, AND we still have to spam this **** to set up demoround and proc FA.

Btw, assault also got nerfed as you still have to cast powershot to proc HiB. And with the 10% damage reduction increase in casttime from 1,5-2 sec, (which is HUGE, 35% damage reduction), the mobility and damageoutput of the tree got drastically reduced.

You might actually want to read the patch notes.

Can I ask...

A "rotation" for PvE or PvP? In PvP, there's never a "rotation", as the situation differs EVERY fight. Just trying to clarify.

Can I ask...

A "rotation" for PvE or PvP? In PvP, there's never a "rotation", as the situation differs EVERY fight. Just trying to clarify.

An excellent question.

I was thinking mainly in PvP when you want to nuke somebody down efficently and maintain enough ammo regen to do it again. PvE I have a pretty good rotation setup IMHO.

Having just hit 40 and getting Demo round I was using this rotation in PvP to maximize kills and ammo regen.

GR x 3. FA. Demo, HIB.

Now I've heard that I should add GR X 2 after demo to maximize HIB, but to be honest the above rotation killed almost everything or got it so low a few Hammer shots or teammates finished em off it I did'nt.

I know in PvP that one has to be fluid dependant upon the situation but it seemed like the above was pretty good at eating folks alive.

Hmmm, I can't see major changes to my PvE Ops rotation. I usually went for:

GRx3 / FA / Demo / GRx2 / HiB / Insta CB

From there, I just used GR to keep the 5 gravity vortex on target refreshed and relied on Demolition Round, CoF procced FA and HiB when 5 stacks for the +30% dmg.

The 10% dmg nerf on CB will matter to me the same than the 10% nerf on GR, almost nothing since I used CB to trigger CoF, if the CoF chance has been increased, I see it as a fair trade for the -10% dmg (plus of course, the standard attack to regain ammo).

The only thing that really annoys me is the net loss of 3% crit, in my personal opinion, they should rework diminishing returns on crit to regain that 3% or at least part of it.-

Edited by Nightmarer

An excellent question.

I was thinking mainly in PvP when you want to nuke somebody down efficently and maintain enough ammo regen to do it again. PvE I have a pretty good rotation setup IMHO.

Having just hit 40 and getting Demo round I was using this rotation in PvP to maximize kills and ammo regen.

GR x 3. FA. Demo, HIB.

Now I've heard that I should add GR X 2 after demo to maximize HIB, but to be honest the above rotation killed almost everything or got it so low a few Hammer shots or teammates finished em off it I did'nt.

I know in PvP that one has to be fluid dependant upon the situation but it seemed like the above was pretty good at eating folks alive.

for PVE, usually i open with FA > GRx3 > demo round > GRx2 > HIB

i use FA whenever CoF comes up, and hammer shot if i get below 8 ammo

i use this as my benchmark for PVP, but if anything is close to dying, i'll blow demo round, HIB, stockstrike, plasma grenade, the kitchen sink, and whatever else is needed to finish them off, regardless of my charged barrel/gravity vortex stacks.

This, I'm assuming is coming from a level 50 Commando? Since Demo Round is at the top of the tree and we can only use it when we hit our mid 40's? My game is getting to 50, then I'll roll another character. I DO NOT PvP, do Operations, or Flashpoints. I mostly Solo, except when my wife plays.

So the good side of this 1.2 update is for PvP'ers, Players that do Operations, or Players that do Flashpoints, all of which are level 50 characters. ALL others below 50 and don't do the above are screwed, as they're play style has been nerfed badly to the point of almost unplayability.

And NO, I don't just spam Grav round and yes, I'm a veteran player. However, I see absolutely no good in this update for the Commando at all.

You won't have any problems leveling solo. Commando was the easiest thing I've leveled to 50 so far (Commando, Powertech, Operative). The only place below 50 I can see a Commando having issues is if they're trying to heal a Flashpoint. Since you don't do those you have nothing to worry about.

Oh, Demo Round is right at level 40 if you spec Gunnery the whole way. Great skill, you will smile the first time you see it remove something from existence.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.