What's the point of doing PvP pre-1.2?

FearNight

I'm having a hard time doing the PvP grind right now. Why should I work hard for Battlemaster gear when 1.2 will be offering a comparable set without the grind? Is there any point in PvPing before 1.2? Right now I'm just leveling up my alts until 1.2.

Help me out, is there something I'm missing?

I've already just stopped PvPin. Rank 72 and I just decided it was not worth the irritation anymore. Hell these days I log on twice a week for raid nights and thats about it. Really hoping that 1.2 is the wonder patch that sorts all the issues I have with this game, If not .. well Tera hits in April :)

Because its fun?

True. But at the same time I feel like I'm wasting my time obtaining gear that I will just replace the day 1.2 rolls out.

Leveling/PvPing on my sub-50 alts is a lot more fun.

Edited by FearNight

Because its fun?

Sad thing is... it really isn't anymore. I think its a combination of the absurd amounts of CC, Maps that love ranged, RNG Bags.

I really should have rolled a sage/sorc instead I have 2 melee 50's and its just getting... blah

True. But at the same time I feel like I'm wasting my time obtaining gear that I will just replace the day 1.2 rolls out.

You'll be able to buy champ gear come 1.2. You wont be able to buy Battlemaster, so If your earning battlemaster then you wont be replacing that. If your still doing the champ grind (sub-60 valor) then yes I can see you point.

You'll be able to buy champ gear come 1.2. You wont be able to buy Battlemaster, so If your earning battlemaster then you wont be replacing that. If your still doing the champ grind (sub-60 valor) then yes I can see you point.

lol on my 2nd toon and I am VR62 and still don't have full champion gear, granted I am only missing 2 pieces but still... Haven't got a single BM comm either yet. *shrug*

Meh. I guess that's the difference then. I don't care one bit about the gear. When I can afford it, I buy it. It isn't really a grind to me. I play till I get tired of playing and then I go do something else. Sometimes I even forget to pick up my daily or weekly quest. I turn them in only when I happen to be on Fleet to turn them in.

It probably helps that I don't have alot of time to play, so its really fun for me everytime I have an hour or two to just sit and play.

Meh. I guess that's the difference then. I don't care one bit about the gear. When I can afford it, I buy it. It isn't really a grind to me. I play till I get tired of playing and then I go do something else. Sometimes I even forget to pick up my daily or weekly quest. I turn them in only when I happen to be on Fleet to turn them in.

It probably helps that I don't have alot of time to play, so its really fun for me everytime I have an hour or two to just sit and play.

Not sure what class you play, but as a post nerf conceal Operative I'm VERY gear dependent. I was getting facerolled until I got over 450-500 expertise. It was not fun one bit getting to that point either.

lol on my 2nd toon and I am VR62 and still don't have full champion gear, granted I am only missing 2 pieces but still... Haven't got a single BM comm either yet. *shrug*

I'm at valor 65 here and have received 8 BM comms so far and bought 2 or 3.

Guess you've got bad luck :)

This. At least sub 50 PvP is plain FUN.

Plus, it helps with leveling.

God i cant understand people who can be only bothered to PvP if someone dangles shinies in front of their face.

Sub 50 PvP is awesome. But try PvP on your Scoundrel as an undergeared 50 and tell me how much fun it is then. You will be hitting like a wet noodle until you get your expertise up.

Not sure what class you play, but as a post nerf conceal Operative I'm VERY gear dependent. I was getting facerolled until I got over 450-500 expertise. It was not fun one bit getting to that point either.

Gunslinger (Marksman), so if people see me setting up camp I get focus fired to oblivion in about 3 seconds. :)

I'm at valor 65 here and have received 8 BM comms so far and bought 2 or 3.

Guess you've got bad luck :)

I'd say you had good luck.

Took me till 72 to finish my battlemaster gear, although a fair amount of that was pre 1.1.5 so i could'ent buy comms until then (think i bought 2 to finish set?) The bags were really aweful to me :(

I have 2 other 50's in the sub-60 valor ranks, just no great desire to gear them, I mostly only do Ops on those two.

I'm having a hard time doing the PvP grind right now. Why should I work hard for Battlemaster gear when 1.2 will be offering a comparable set without the grind? Is there any point in PvPing before 1.2? Right now I'm just leveling up my alts until 1.2.

Help me out, is there something I'm missing?

Phase 1: Analysing target.

Target Identified; Progression care bear.

/thread