will this game survive before 1.2?

redluna

The average person in this form is so uninformed

Subscriptions are growing, and have been, it won’t merely survive, it will and is flourishing

The number of people you see at a given time on a server is due to the fact that this game , like every MMO launch, the players are not going to be playing as often as they did in the first few weeks.

so someone that was playing 50 hours a week, is playing 6-8 hours a week.

survive? Hilarious!

For every person that leaves, several more new ones join

Really..?

I would like to see where you found those stats, lol

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been spending more time playing "Internet Checkers", 5 days left on my sub...

Tera is close :)

The game won't survive until 1.2 for me, mind you with 5 days left I will probably see another 8 hotfixes.

If you like Tera types of games then I wonder why you even tried SWTOR. They are on two different spectrums of grind.

If you like Tera types of games then I wonder why you even tried SWTOR. They are on two different spectrums of grind.

Yeah third person MMORPG vs third person MMORPG...

I don't really get your point, have I missed something?

This game will last, it has to compete with others. WoW for so long didnt really have a rival and its time to break that cycle. Competition will make this better and WoW better. So as consumers we are in a win win situation

although just read thi

An Elder Scrolls MMO could be announced as early as May according to a report on Tom’s Guide. An unnamed source has told them that Elder Scrolls Online is in the works, and will be set in the Second Era, hundreds of years prior to any of the Elder Scrolls games.

Really..?

I would like to see where you found those stats, lol

You don’t get out much do you ( chuckle )

There are regular reports on subscription numbers, and I have been though enough MMO launches to know exactly what I am talking about when it comes to number of players logging in at a particular time, decreasing in the weeks and months following launch

Normally after a game has matured the login rate is far below 10% usually closer to 6% to 7% of a player base being logged in at a given time.

During launch it is closer to 50%-60%

This game will last, it has to compete with others. WoW for so long didnt really have a rival and its time to break that cycle. Competition will make this better and WoW better. So as consumers we are in a win win situation

although just read thi

An Elder Scrolls MMO could be announced as early as May according to a report on Tom’s Guide. An unnamed source has told them that Elder Scrolls Online is in the works, and will be set in the Second Era, hundreds of years prior to any of the Elder Scrolls games.

WoW's main rival at its release was EQ .. As EQ was released in March 99 and WoW Sept 01

There are regular reports on subscription numbers, and I have been though enough MMO launches to know exactly what I am talking about when it comes to number of players logging in at a particular time, decreasing in the weeks and months following launch

Normally after a game has matured the login rate is far below 10% usually closer to 6% to 7% of a player base being logged in at a given time.

I log on at several times daily and never really see an increase in pop on Syth Wyrm ... Im on at 5am before work to check sales then again at lunch then again in evening and I may see an increase in fleet of maybe 30 people ... Maybe people are taking alot of time off on my server?

I log on at several times daily and never really see an increase in pop on Syth Wyrm ... Im on at 5am before work to check sales then again at lunch then again in evening and I may see an increase in fleet of maybe 30 people ... Maybe people are taking alot of time off on my server?

You did not comprehend what I said

( shurg ) I tried

You did not comprehend what I said

( shurg ) I tried

I fully comprehend what you were saying .. but if subs were up there is no way on an EST server that populations at launch went from high and now are at a constant low point without people leaving game .. I dont care what any report says but like I stated this was for the one server I am on.

I fully comprehend what you were saying .. but if subs were up there is no way on an EST server that populations at launch went from high and now are at a constant low point without people leaving game .. I dont care what any report says but like I stated this was for the one server I am on.

Your comment just proved you have no idea what he was saying.

I think it will survive just fine. Will it have healthy populations with constant influxes of new players? Once the intial gloss wears off, will it have enough to satisfy long term players like myself? Will BW pump out new content at a fairly rapid pace? Or will the game grow stale quickly? Hard to tell and I'm willing to wait it out.

There are some interesting titles that will tempt me down the road. Secret World looks fascinating to me. Of course there is GW2 and probably other MMOs I haven't been following all that much. I go to a game that interests me and I must say that SW and GW2 look mighty intriguing.

Well once upon a time the servers had 2 hour queues to play, now they all have "light" population during peak times.

I can't speak about your server, but mines has 100 people online during peak times.

Compared to launch when we had 2 or 3 instances of planets running (and probably 5,000 people online).

There's 3 big guilds on my server and they probably don't have more than 100 players in each, and that's the server population...

The population has dropped from several thousand to a couple of hundred.

And as for "matured" (have you actually played an MMORPG before?), until 1.2 the game is barely out of BETA.

Even if only 5% of the player base is playing during peak time your sums just don't add up.

5% of 5,000 is 250 players, it's half to a third of that. Meaning 60% of players have already left.

diablo 3 just released it's launch date to may 15. im not seeing any exact date for 1.2 patch.

my sub is ending this april 2. so right now what i do is, dailies, belsavis, ilum, pvp. tbh, turning to be quite boring for me.

im in swiftsure server and i can definitely see population drop after the asia pac servers released. before fleet don't go below 150 people, now the lowest i've seen is 80. in ilum 15, in belsavis 20.

i know there's lots of factors why people are leaving.

not enough end game content.

new games are coming out, (mass effect 3)

full of bugs specially in raiding

fps drops still not fixed until now.

maybe i should add, diablo 3 is dated.

with bioware not releasing a date for 1.2 is saying something. up to now they're not sure if 1.2 is ready to be released. specially they have a growing reputation of breaking the game every patch. so now they need to be sure before giving out date for 1.2, it's a 99% smooth.

so now because of all this, im not sure if im continuing to sub for 1.2. i have a tight budget, it's either 1.2 get's my money, or both 1.2 and diablo 3 gets it.

Not everyone likes Diablo. Maybe your server had a lot of asia-pacific players who transferred.

I couldn't find the Pickard face palm word picture, so I'll just say.

/facepalm

Yes handy reply...

You clearly pointed out the difference as to why SWTOR would be enjoyable to MMORPG player, where as Tera would not appeal to the same MMORPG player.

Clearly a troll reply originally.

This thread implies D3 will actually be successful, which we all know, will not.

It will be good for those people who plan to use it to make money with Blizzard's new program in place (pay real money for items), but otherwise you are right, D3 will have as much affect on the numbers here as the release of MLB2K12 for the Playstation 3 did....none at all.

Well once upon a time the servers had 2 hour queues to play, now they all have "light" population during peak times.

I can't speak about your server, but mines has 100 people online during peak times.

Compared to launch when we had 2 or 3 instances of planets running (and probably 5,000 people online).

There's 3 big guilds on my server and they probably don't have more than 100 players in each, and that's the server population...

The population has dropped from several thousand to a couple of hundred.

And as for "matured" (have you actually played an MMORPG before?), until 1.2 the game is barely out of BETA.

Even if only 5% of the player base is playing during peak time your sums just don't add up.

5% of 5,000 is 250 players, it's half to a third of that. Meaning 60% of players have already left.

I understand that you are very very new to MMO's, that is ok.

In WOW currently less than 5% of the player base is logged in at any given time

In SWTOR in the early weeks it was over 50%

do the math

take 1,000,000 players

50% is 500,000 players logged into the servers at a given time

5% is 50,000 players logged into the servers at a given time ( without a single subscription loss )

as the amount of time any given player happens to be logged into a server reduces ( as is normal after a launch, heck people took vacation for this launch ) the number of players logged in at a given time dramatically decreases, even if there are MORE players subscribed.

This is MMO 101 people, and why when people were screaming for them to launch more servers, they did not, any why while people are screaming for them to merge servers, they should not. As the total player base continues to increase ( as it has been ) they will need the servers they have.

do the math

take 1,000,000 players

5% is 50,000 players logged into the servers at a given time ( without a single subscription loss )

as the amount of time any given player happens to be logged into a server reduces ( as is normal after a launch, heck people took vacation for this launch ) the number of players logged in at a given time dramatically decreases, even if there are MORE players subscribed.

This is MMO 101 people, and why when people were screaming for them to launch more servers, they did not, any why while people are screaming for them to merge servers, they should not. As the total player base continues to increase ( as it has been ) they will need the servers they have.

But this doesn't account for going from 5,000 during peak to 100 during peak.

That's 2% not the 5%.

So as I said a drop of around 60%...

Your maths are backing up what I said, not what you're saying...

Edited by Robbydog

Now this is humerous! I did beta testing for D3 and Ill tell you now that D3 will be epic and in line with what D2 was for longevity. Battlenet is gonna be a fun place to be for gaming this year .. I know about 40 peeps at my workplace alone that have nixed their subs to wait for D3 .. nuff said

That Blizzard paycheck arrived yet? Because you have to be getting paid spreading propaganda around like this.

MMOs will barely flinch at the release of D3. You do not speak for some vast majority, even though I know you think it is cool that you do.

do the math

take 1,000,000 players

What's missing from the equation is, of the 95% of people not logged in at any given time, how many bought 3 to 6 month subs that have no intention of renewing and don't log on because they don't play anymore? Or any length where they have canceled and still have time remaining on their sub. Those attrition numbers play a factor that can't be quantified by us.

Factor that in, and over time, you may have a degradation of subs that won't show up immediately.

there is A TON more to do in rift at max lvl than this game. rift even has open world pvp....can you believe that? and not a big instance like ilum, i mean real open world pvp with purpose.

this game is just wz dailies and...........well thats all.

my guild came from swg, so that tells you the style of pvp we like, havent seen many of them logging in anymore sadly....im not far behind.

sure the story leveling up was new and fun but once its over it took me a couple weeks to get BM gear. the progression is waaaay to fast thus leading to tons of people leaving with lack of anything to do.

swg just went on forever. you could hang in ur house, craft (with a real economy behind it)

do space missions, go overt at anytime and pvp publicly while noobs watched and thought "hey that looks like fun", thus adding new pvpers.

this game is a poorly designed themepark ala COD generation. phewy on it

if i didnt have fun curbstomping imps on tatt every once in awhile, id have 0 to do after my dailies, which are becoming pointless as well....lol

I'm going to go ahead and let you know that most people don't give 2 ***** about world pvp. They are content to queue up into a Warzone and get their PvP on there.

Sorry, that's just the way it is.

Yes handy reply...

You clearly pointed out the difference as to why SWTOR would be enjoyable to MMORPG player, where as Tera would not appeal to the same MMORPG player.

Clearly a troll reply originally.

Look up "sandbox mmo" and "theme park mmo"

Tera is more of a sandbox than a theme park, but the real difference is in games like SWG or EVE. That is the difference the person you quoted was referring to.