1.2 release date?

Hunterofjedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.2 isn't a joke. You are probably just going along with the status quo once again.

You probably looked through the patch notes, scanned through them, not reading them and just wanted to see if the things were there YOU wanted and probably ONE or TWO were not. Therefore "1.2 SUCKS!" That's just the way it is, and I have grown raw to the sour pusses that are the forum trolls/doomsayers/dissers/haters.

1.2 is a joke. A bad one. Oh well, at least there'll be free server transfers for the remaining players. I hate fan boys like you as much as you hate dissers\haters. 100s of pages of complaints about 1.2 from people who've tried it... Open your eyes.

If my sub runs out beforee 1.2 I think I'll just leave it..I liked swtor but I don't like how we are getting screwed by no release dates and constantly pushing it back..

Also the fact 1.2 is the legacy update and it has around half of the new content for it coming in 1.3..

1.2 is SWTOR's NGE

The Secret World: 06/15/12 Diablo 3: 05/15/12

Damn Straight, Atleast that game had unique qualities (which they gained a lot of patents for FYI), swtor doesnt even need an nge i mean come on, it was made with HERO ffs

:cool:

i was hoping to test 1.2 live by now but as its not out ill just let the sub run out, call me what you want, i waited long enough

P.s Lucas arts you pulled licensing from a certain other game just so that this could be the sole star wars mmo on the market, i personaly want to see the looks on your faces when you realize what youve given in to

<p>Rant over GG</p>

1.2 is a joke. A bad one. Oh well, at least there'll be free server transfers for the remaining players. I hate fan boys like you as much as you hate dissers\haters. 100s of pages of complaints about 1.2 from people who've tried it... Open your eyes.

Okay link to these 100s of pages of complaints because I can't see them.

Originally Posted by Rotoroot

1.2 is SWTOR's NGE

The Secret World: 06/15/12 Diablo 3: 05/15/12

what is the secret world,and diablo 3? have fun with your blizzard mmo rofl,like world of warcraft was bad enough already i really wanna play another blizzard made mmorpg

i mean,just face it.the mmo genre is pretty stale,if you looking for an mmo that isnt wow sw tor is probably your best option

Edited by CrunkShizzle

what is the secret world,and diablo 3? have fun with your blizzard mmo rofl,like world of warcraft was bad enough already i really wanna play another blizzard made mmorpg

i mean,just face it.the mmo genre is pretty stale,if you looking for an mmo that isnt wow sw tor is probably your best option

D3 is an ARPG not a MMO....how ignorant are you?

Secret World will flop.

GW2 will do well.

Edited by KingEoj

the big problem here is the billing was a bit misleading. when the billing first came out it said it was one month (30 days), three months(90 days), or six months(180 days).

now it gets interesting, they don't charge but month like every other MMO. they actually charge by calender day. so for peeps like me who paid for three months. there sub ends on the 17th of April, not the 20th, and not the 18th because they count the 20th of December as a day.

I know this because i got feed up in February and canceled my sub, and i had to call and ask about it, but with the talk of 1.2 I thought maybe ill re-sub.

why the big explanation you ask? because i bet the 1.2 wont come out till after the 17th of April to get peeps to re-sub to see it.

Edited by OriginalBold

whats even funnier then the sheer amount of whining, and the small group of people who like to think they're the majority (or are seriously trying to convince themselves they are)....

...is the people who continually come back to the forums and say (for the Nth time), that they're unsubbing, quitting, games sucks, etc. continually coming back to the forums to tell all the people who are enjoying the game how wrong they are, because it simply sucks....yeah....

Ya know...the last MMO that had me fed up...do you know what I did? I unsubbed and stopped playing. i watched a Movie, went outside, took a break from playing, and came back to a different MMO. I didn't cry on the forums...especially for weeks at a time. I unsubbed. politely told the company why I didn't like their game...and went on to the next one.

Y'all must have serious attachment issues...or just really need attention. I'm very sorry that you feel that you have to get on the forums and troll other people and spread your personal grief...but It really is your own issue. deal with it.

If there are real issues, go test them, prove them, and post those results. if you don't like the game, unsub. spare us the emo plz.

Edit: @OrigionalBold - the above isn't about you. you bring up some interesting stuff that I just never bothered to find out about. my comments are directed at the general populace of griefers who rarely post informative information and instead just griped about the game in general.

Edited by Elyx

And Elyx, guys like you will also always be around, who complain about the complainers so to speak. They paid for the game and unsubbed and have every bit of right to be on this forum as you.

They want to vent their frustrations over a game that didn't live up their expectations, and in the same raised voice as you just used, I will tell you, go on, find the next thread, the next post, whatever, if he can't be frustrated about the game, you can't be frustrated about him either. And so the cycle continues, and in 5 minutes someone else will tell the same to me.

Edited by Coltraine

4 months for a major update is too long.

It should be 3 months for less for each major update.

Put out less items or features but make updates more frequent.

Dont be like blizz and put out updates only every 6 or more months and wonder why people leave.

Actually I don't need new content that frequently, and I imagine most of the over 25 crowd doesn't either. The under 25 crowd are like locusts; they devour the game and move on to something else. The older folks just want a nice community and a fun/challenging game they can play in their free time.

I don't see how you can possibly stay ahead of the folks who speed through content and then unsubscribe. They make rather poor customers, don't ya think? You bend over backwards to satisfy their every whim, but they're going to leave anyway because they're all about the Next Big Thing.

The long-haul folks expect predominantly bug-free software and healthy server populations. If you give them that, they'll stay for years and not complain too much. Even in WoW, I didn't feel like 18 months to 2 years was too long between expansions. If you savor the content instead of gulping it, you don't have to be in such a hurry.

One of my guild mates was the locust type. He leveled one character to 50, got it geared, then never wanted to play it again. He did the same with a 2nd character. Then, after he'd experienced all the hard modes and operations, he quit the game. I wouldn't go too far out of my way to please people like him because they don't contribute to a sustainable business model.

I don't care when they release the patch, but I would like a heads up. I hate it when they spring things on us unannounced, and I hate it when they bury announcements in podcasts and obscure web posts, like I have time to dig through all that junk.

Not to beat a dead horse, but that other MMO didnt even introduce BG's or the first Raid until like 7 months after launch! SWTOR still has a lot to be desired but its a really good start and I hope people stick it out because this is a good game.

So you pay for your car too, go tell the car company the date they are to release a new model

Give it a rest, pushing against an arbitrary date is what causes problems with games/patches and updates

Release it when it is ready, not before

If you paid your car-company a monthly fee in order to recieve the next model of car for free, this analogy would make sense.

:rolleyes:

Simple solution. Dont like the game? Cancel your sub, and leave. Simple as that.

I am considering it. I'm giving until the end of april, hopefully 1.2 update goes in before that so I have enough time to play it. If the game is still heavily imbalanced in pvp, then I will be more than likely quitting.

I honestly don't want to pay 15 bucks a month to play wzs and the occasional heavily bugged operation that you have to repeat, not because of a wipe, but because it gliched and you have to reset the instance to try again.

I just find it funny that people who leave this game for other MMOs due to "lack of content", think that those other MMOs on a much lower budget will have as much content as WoW.

Outside of the 1-50 journey, SWTOR doesnt have much in the way of time sinks.

It doesnt take long to have everything worth getting

Not to beat a dead horse, but that other MMO didnt even introduce BG's or the first Raid until like 7 months after launch! SWTOR still has a lot to be desired but its a really good start and I hope people stick it out because this is a good game.

I also bet that "that other MMO" didn't have to compete with a 7 year old game, that had 10 million subscribers and battlegrounds along with other good features.

Don't get me wrong, I really like SWTOR and even though my subscription ends in a few days, and I'll be taking a short break, I will come back every now and then.

But talk about reasonable or unreasonable, in the end, all that counts is, if people have a good time playing or not. And if they miss something, they think the game should have, and they leave, they might not give the game a second chance.

Outside of the 1-50 journey, SWTOR doesnt have much in the way of time sinks.

It doesnt take long to have everything worth getting

Well it took me one month to reach level 50, and I haven't completed the missions on Voss and Corellia yet.

I have been doing dailies in order to gear up. It takes me the entire evening to finish all of them on Ilum and Belsavis.

After over a week, I now have filled up all my orange gear with the free purple mods from the group dailies and am ready to do hardmode FPs. I have just done 3 hardmode FPs. Didn't get any upgrades, but I got some commendations and tionese crystals. I only have like 40 crystals, and you need like 60 for each tionese piece. So it may take me quite a while to get the best gear. I see myself playing for a long time.

Understandably, someone who has played for 4 months may have everything by now, but for an above-average player like me who has completed 12/12 in WoW before Firelands patch arrived, the grind seems to be reasonable.