Bioware if u decided to screw up Valor ranks!!

Shogunjedi

Then u have to give us , by us i mean people who are not lazy/afraid to invest time into pvp

something that would justify long hours spent pvping.

Variety of speeders for people with Valor 40+

Fancy items/crystals.

Social abilities .

Crafting mats.

And more.................

Then u have to give us , by us i mean people who are not lazy/afraid to invest time into pvp

something that would justify long hours spent pvping.

Variety of speeders for people with Valor 40+

Fancy items/crystals.

Social abilities .

Crafting mats.

And more.................

You mean you don't PvP to... you know... PvP?

Another fine example of what's wrong with the PvP community: "Give me something for it."

Sure, you get to PvP.

Color gear options, mounts, and the job of babysitting in warzones will not be enough to merit a payed monthly sub from me, or most of the players I know.

To those of you that it is, good luck, and I'm happy you found a game that caters to your play style, And hopefully this game keeps you guys here so you don't infect any other MMO games with carebearlistic ideals in the future.

Another fine example of what's wrong with the PvP community: "Give me something for it."

Sure, you get to PvP.

Name one other paid subsscription MMO's in the history of paid MMO;s, where pvper's actually PVP just for the sake of pvping, no rewards, no incentive, no taking over lands.

Pls name one. I'll wait.

Edited by Dego_Locc

Sure, you get to PvP.

^^ this x 1 million

i call it the "WoW kiddie phenomenon"

I'm not Lazy or afraid to level valor ranks, I just have a life outside the game. Bio can give you all the shiny new colors etc, I personally don't care.

I love the new system for pvp gear. I can be competitive, have a great team, and not have to spend hours grinding the system to the point I hate pvp. I look forward to having my team kick ***** in ranked WZ.

I believe they said that in 1.2 the rewards for valor ranks would be cosmetic items like mounts and orange sets. It was in the guild summit PvP panel.

Can anyone confirm that this is not just a product of my faulty memory.

Name one other paid subsscription MMO's in the history of paid MMO;s, where pvper's actually PVP just for the sake of pvping, no rewards, no incentive, no taking over lands.

Pls name one. I'll wait.

Challenge accepted: EVE Online. People PvP there for no other reason than to blow eachothers' ships to smitherines. Sure, there are system control mechanics in play, but a huge blob of ships battering eachother lightyears from the nearest Player Owned Station is pure, unadulterated, no holds barred, PvP goodness.

About the only thing you get is to salvage the wrecks of your defeated opponents, and maybe score some choice little pieces of loot the game didn't randomly destroy in the explosion.

You don't get any measurable rewards for PvP in EVE... we do it for the lulz.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention the severe DEATH PENALTY in EVE. You lose your ship? You lose your ship. It gets blown up and you lose all modules, all cargo, and typically your pod is left hanging in a warp bubble and you can't get away. You get podded, and you better hope your clone is up to date, because otherwise you're losing a sizeable chunk of skill points.

Edited by TheGreatNeechi

Pls name one. I'll wait.

Lineage, and Lineage 2, where losing a pvp fight actually lost your character experience. you had to be damned good to pvp there.

Edited by Almghty_gir

Pls name one. I'll wait.

lets see... we have several now... GW, SWG, Lineage, fianl fantasy... theres 4... were waiting now...

This guy really should not have put forth such an easily accepted challenge.

Maybe he really has never played a game where people don't PvP for rewards though.

If that's the case, I kinda feel sorry for you, guy. It wasn't always like this.

Also, LoTRO PvP is purely for fun, but it went F2P so I won't count it for the list. It was a AAA MMO, though (and the ACTUAL first MMO to use voiceovers for quests)

Edited by Varicite

Swtor is not Hardcore.

Since they started with social ranks , social mounts , pvp mounts they can advance in that direction.People love achievements , ranks and higher status, they like to distinguish themselves from the crowd. Nothing wrong with that.

Where did i ask for gear?

And if u thinks that skill is not equal to gear i assure you, my skill cap is pretty high.

I never complain about other classes.

Mmorpgs are not skill based they are gear based.

And i dont do charity , if i invest my time in something i expect something in return.

Where did i ask for gear?

And if u thinks that skill is not equal to gear i assure you, my skill cap is pretty high.

I never complain about other classes.

Mmorpgs are not skill based they are gear based.

And i dont do charity , if i invest my time in something i expect something in return.

If you invest your time in a video game you expect something in return?

Hmmm....

Final Fantasy XI.

Not a paid subscription MMO.

Guild Wars

Orly!? no incentive at all huh?

Challenge accepted: EVE Online. People PvP there for no other reason than to blow eachothers' ships to smitherines. Sure, there are system control mechanics in play, but a huge blob of ships battering eachother lightyears from the nearest Player Owned Station is pure, unadulterated, no holds barred, PvP goodness.

About the only thing you get is to salvage the wrecks of your defeated opponents, and maybe score some choice little pieces of loot the game didn't randomly destroy in the explosion.

You don't get any measurable rewards for PvP in EVE... we do it for the lulz.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention the severe DEATH PENALTY in EVE. You lose your ship? You lose your ship. It gets blown up and you lose all modules, all cargo, and typically your pod is left hanging in a warp bubble and you can't get away. You get podded, and you better hope your clone is up to date, because otherwise you're losing a sizeable chunk of skill points.

Eve has incentive for PVP, and "corpse looting"

Lineage, and Lineage 2, where losing a pvp fight actually lost your character experience. you had to be damned good to pvp there.

Sounds like an incentive outside of just pvping for the sake of pvp to me.

lets see... we have several now... GW, SWG, Lineage, fianl fantasy... theres 4... were waiting now...

SWG? really?! when I played the best pvper was the one who took the TIME to train all 50 professions. So time=advantage in that game. And grind = incentive. Also you got paid to kill other players so........

Next?

Edited by Dego_Locc