Fleet design fails to impress

Proksham

Why are all the outer wheel rooms on Empire's Fleet wide open and the Republic's walled off except for a door? This makes no sense to me.

Empire doesn't have theft, or at least the thieves are killed on the spot, so no need to have locked stores.

I kind of figured that a place designed to be the social hub of ones faction would be awe-inspiring.

Bioware failed me

QQ

Overall I see the fleet hub as pretty good. It can/could always use more ships.

I would really like to see it MOVE once in awhile, an event not being out of reason for this move either.

Staying in one place makes it all seem too static.

The only thing that drives me nuts about the current fleet are the doors you need to clickon to get to the hangar where the personal ships are located. I've given it a bit of thought and there must be a decent way to fix it so you could just run/drive thru it, instead of needing to select and click it.

I kind of figured that a place designed to be the social hub of ones faction would be awe-inspiring.

Bioware failed me

QQ

Overall I see the fleet hub as pretty good. It can/could always use more ships.

I would really like to see it MOVE once in awhile, an event not being out of reason for this move either.

Staying in one place makes it all seem too static.

And yes I mean the whole fleet moving to a ddifferent system/location.

The only thing that drives me nuts about the current fleet are the doors you need to clickon to get to the hangar where the personal ships are located. I've given it a bit of thought and there must be a decent way to fix it so you could just run/drive thru it, instead of needing to select and click it.

I generally like the ovrall design of the fleet tho.

Edited by Dein_Cathair

• 4 weeks later...
i'm probally 1 of the only people here that primarly plays empire and thinks the republic fleet looks better after reading some of the comments

Nar, I'd also say the look of the pub fleet is more appealing to me, but I guess the imp side is always going to look less 'nice'.

Edited by Master_Reuben

What I think would be a fairly simple solution would be for BW to add the stuff you have to go to the fleet for to the capital planets. That would primarily mean adding group quest/PvP terminal, FP and ops entrances and exits, and endgame gear vendors. They already have GTN access, class trainers and crafting trainers, so that should make capitals a viable alternative to the fleet.

Bioware failed me

That's because you are not using it correctly. Bascially, you failed yourself here.

Here is a workaround for you though:

Strip down nekkid, set yourself on fire and mount your speeder and go zipping around and round the fleet. You will be both awed and inspired by the attention you receive. :p