The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When will operatives get fixed?

Bloodguard

Currently we are the worst class in the game. On every metric after every WZ, we are outclassed. We have nothing to offer a group in pve that someone else doesn't do better.

As a healer I laugh at getting hidden striked. I can dot my way out of trouble against a well geared OP. Consulars hit 600k healing. I am lucky to get 300k. Saw 400k once.

Raid leaders, why would yo ever pick us? Not including snipers in this mind you, they are fine. Just wondering if 1.2 will actually give me a reason to continue playing this POS class.

Ops were nerfed for their RL players own safety.

Seriously, if I get knocked down and 3 shotted by a NERFED operative, and then they whine and get a buff.

Yours is the most reviled class when it comes to PvP.

Dart in, stab stab stab, you take some damage down to 15% health and poof, vanish like a coward. Its good that you under perform.

Edited by Notannos
content

Currently we are the worst class in the game. On every metric after every WZ, we are outclassed. We have nothing to offer a group in pve that someone else doesn't do better.

As a healer I laugh at getting hidden striked. I can dot my way out of trouble against a well geared OP. Consulars hit 600k healing. I am lucky to get 300k. Saw 400k once.

Raid leaders, why would yo ever pick us? Not including snipers in this mind you, they are fine. Just wondering if 1.2 will actually give me a reason to continue playing this POS class.

You are ... and you are wrong. I've seen plenty of ops heal in PVP well. Counsulars pad their stats pretty well by cross healing most warzones.

Seriously, if I get knocked down and 3 shotted by a NERFED operative, and then they whine and get a buff.

Dart in, stab stab stab, you take some damage down to 15% health and poof, vanish like a coward. Its good that you under perform.

And smugglers for those of us on the imps side. I was cirtted for 6k in a warzone when I have over 600 expertise ..... no they aren't OP ... not at all.

Edited by Notannos

I am only in the 30s but as heal spec i can easily get in the top 5 for heals and on several occasion am the top healer in pvp. Havent done either of the DPS Specs but I do see significant dmg dealt with the right combos. I didn't notice anything wrong with the class.

Huh weird, I thought I saw myself healing for 500k for 6 straight games. I dont have a problem healing.

And smugglers for those of us on the imps side. I was cirtted for 6k in a warzone when I have over 600 expertise ..... no they aren't OP ... not at all.

Cool story bro... You know, you shouldnt go into a warzone naked, with the 600 expertise gear in your backpack?

Huh weird, I thought I saw myself healing for 500k for 6 straight games. I dont have a problem healing.

Yet to see any OP heal for 500k. Not even close. We don't top charts in damage or healing. Everyone I talk to knows our class completely sucks.

I laugh at ambushers with healing spec as an OP. We suck. Everyone hits harder and if you say otherwise you are lying or delusional.

Seriously, if I get knocked down and 3 shotted by a NERFED operative, and then they whine and get a buff...I might go on a road trip to find them.

Cuz staying and dying to your pocket healer is much more honorable. Rofl. That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. Hell yeah, I'm gonna wait for my vanish/WZ que, gank someone and get away. It's efficient life management skills. You don't contribute if you're dead.

That healer was down to 15% and healed himself to full!!! Coward!!! QQ

I can't wait for logs when people can actually find out where those huge crits are coming from.

Never even seen a 4k crit on a fresh 50 with a power relic and crit adrenal AND damage icon buff. Granted I'm only in Champ/

We CAN top damage, just gotta spec DOTs and spam Vital Shot the whole match but you'll never kill anyone. :/

Edited by Entropicus

TBH I was expecting a nerf operative here but, it's the same old arguements being brought up on the operative forums.

And smugglers for those of us on the imps side. I was cirtted for 6k in a warzone when I have over 60 expertise ..... no they aren't OP ... not at all.

Fixed that for you.

Yet to see any OP heal for 500k. Not even close. We don't top charts in damage or healing. Everyone I talk to knows our class completely sucks.

I laugh at ambushers with healing spec as an OP. We suck. Everyone hits harder and if you say otherwise you are lying or delusional.

It is completely possible to heal for over 600k as an Operative/Scoundrel.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/screenshot2012022300112.jpg/

I top damage meters every single game I have been in over the last 2 weeks. I have died maybe 5 times out of 50 games.

My premade also brings an Ops healer which heals for 400k+ on huttball and 500k+ on voidstar.

You are out of your mind, and have no idea how to play this class

Yep, the best healer I've seen on my server is an OP. And DPS OPs burst is insane. No one playing this class has any right to complain.

We have more right to complain than those who don't have a clue, much less play the class, have a right to tell us we're wrong. :rolleyes:

I leveled an OP healer up to 50. I was quite surprised when reading how much we supposedly sucked (I always felt I did fine). Anyway, I drank the "IA heals sux Kool-Aid" for a little, but I have come to the conclusion that we far from suck and that many people are QQ idiots.

We can perform fine. We do need some work (esp with RN and Kolto Inf), but we can very effectively heal still. Likewise, Sorc healers need to be nerfed down a bit (AE heal circle and shield bubble spam).

BTW, trying to top charts is not important in PvP WZ. Any noob can spam heal/damage and try to get top numbers. Actually being effective is what is important. We can do quite fine at war zones. I really only feel underpowered at Hutball DEFENSE (ability to run and heal is awesome for O).

I leveled an OP healer up to 50. I was quite surprised when reading how much we supposedly sucked (I always felt I did fine). Anyway, I drank the "IA heals sux Kool-Aid" for a little, but I have come to the conclusion that we far from suck and that many people are QQ idiots.

We can perform fine. We do need some work (esp with RN and Kolto Inf), but we can very effectively heal still. Likewise, Sorc healers need to be nerfed down a bit (AE heal circle and shield bubble spam).

BTW, trying to top charts is not important in PvP WZ. Any noob can spam heal/damage and try to get top numbers. Actually being effective is what is important. We can do quite fine at war zones. I really only feel underpowered at Hutball DEFENSE (ability to run and heal is awesome for O).

your second paragraph is the main problem the reasonable operatives say.

yes, we can clear the content, yes we are viable, but no, we are NOT competitive.

operative healer/dps offers nothing to an operation.

speaking as a healer, there isn't a single boss in this game that people say: it is easier if you bring an operative healer. there isn't a single ability that we have that other people say: thank god operative had that. for all other healers something like that exist, they add something to the operation, either being massive aoe healing and bubbles (sorc) or being massive single target healing cooldowns (mercs).

yes, we are viable, but in all operations atm it is much better to bring another healer.

as for dps, all bosses require vast movement, other melee have gap closers to nullify the need for target swapping or for running away from the boss, operative has to manually run away and then come near again costing him valuable time. to top that they don't offer anything special to the operation apart from their dps: be it either armor debuffs (many ACs bring those) operation wide defensive cds (snipers), operation wide damage buffs (marauders), operation wide healing buffs (marauders gain), shields (sorcs), friendly pulls (sorcs again), etc

so again, dps wise yes, operatives can dps, but is there a reason to bring an operative instead of another dps? none at all, all other dps do the same or more dps but also bring their utility with them

I top damage meters every single game I have been in over the last 2 weeks. I have died maybe 5 times out of 50 games.

My premade also brings an Ops healer which heals for 400k+ on huttball and 500k+ on voidstar.

You are out of your mind, and have no idea how to play this class

You are missing the point of why Operatives are broken entirely. I could rack up a high kill score, and ge tinsane damage, and when I play alone I often do. But I only do this by being selfish and ignoring the wider objectives.

In terms of UTILITY operatives have NONE, we don't have a knockback, we don't have a pull/jump, our DoTs no longer interrupt a player. Our flashbang is excellent, however it is directional wheras over classes can hit their group CC without thinking about haveing to turn/face.

In essence:

Hutball scorer? Not a chance unless in a large team move, could be replaced by any player.

Huttball defender? Not a chance will get kocked down into the pit with no way of recovery except a long walk.

Hutball Killer? This is the only roll we can fill well, taking out healers and the ball carrier. However this roll can equally be done by a Tracer Merc (from a much safer distance) or Assasin.

Hutball Healer? Yes but in my experience only the exceptional players heal well. A average sorc healer can heal as well as an exceptional operative healer (that is where the problem lies, there are plenty of excellent operatives as talented players are drawn to intricate classes, therefore people match that to over poweredness)

Voidstar/Civil War Planter? Only in Ninja, can be done by Assasin.

Voidstar/Civil War defender? Excellent until you have popped your escape, then you are dead. DoTs not interrupting is the wordst thing ever. You can plant a long term AoE however you will likely have to start the channel of OS on reasonable health, meaning it will likely finish once you are dead (ie no extra defence gained, would of been more beneficial with a Jugg in place dfending)

Civil War Scout? Yes as a stealth we are excellent scouts, but so are Assasins who have MORE UTILITY TO THE TEAM.

TL;DR Operatives are great duelers but are not intrinsicly team players, therefore give them one utility ability (a gap closer in the form of a James Bondesque wrist watch grapple on a 1 minute cooldown call it 'Lassooo' for our cowboy counterparts).

Edited by Exsqeeze

You are missing the point of why Operatives are broken entirely. I could rack up a high kill score, and ge tinsane damage, and when I play alone I often do. But I only do this by being selfish and ignoring the wider objectives.

In terms of UTILITY operatives have NONE, we don't have a knockback, we don't have a pull/jump, our DoTs no longer interrupt a player. Our flashbang is excellent, however it is directional wheras over classes can hit their group CC without thinking about haveing to turn/face.

In essence:

Hutball scorer? Not a chance unless in a large team move, could be replaced by any player.

Huttball defender? Not a chance will get kocked down into the pit with no way of recovery except a long walk.

Hutball Killer? This is the only roll we can fill well, taking out healers and the ball carrier. However this roll can equally be done by a Tracer Merc (from a much safer distance) or Assasin.

Hutball Healer? Yes but in my experience only the exceptional players heal well. A average sorc healer can heal as well as an exceptional operative healer (that is where the problem lies, there are plenty of excellent operatives as talented players are drawn to intricate classes, therefore people match that to over poweredness)

Voidstar/Civil War Planter? Only in Ninja, can be done by Assasin.

Voidstar/Civil War defender? Excellent until you have popped your escape, then you are dead. DoTs not interrupting is the wordst thing ever. You can plant a long term AoE however you will likely have to start the channel of OS on reasonable health, meaning it will likely finish once you are dead (ie no extra defence gained, would of been more beneficial with a Jugg in place dfending)

Civil War Scout? Yes as a stealth we are excellent scouts, but so are Assasins who have MORE UTILITY TO THE TEAM.

TL;DR Operatives are great duelers but are not intrinsicly team players, therefore give them one utility ability (a gap closer in the form of a James Bondesque wrist watch grapple on a 1 minute cooldown call it 'Lassooo' for our cowboy counterparts).

In my experience playing on multiple characters and with multiple people. There is not one person I have played against nor with that can drop a healer faster then I can (so im assuming other operatives can do the same). Which is why I already have a spot in a rated team.

If that is not helping your team. I dont know what is.

Edited by Cwild

In my experience playing on multiple characters and with multiple people. There is not one person I have played against nor with that can drop a healer faster then I can (so im assuming other operatives can do the same). Which is why I already have a spot in a rated team.

If that is not helping your team. I dont know what is.

Good Marauders/Sentinels eat healers for breakfast.

Unfortunately most "good" Marauders/Sentinels play the lol-DoT spec. :o

Good Marauders/Sentinels eat healers for breakfast.

Unfortunately most "good" Marauders/Sentinels play the lol-DoT spec. :o

They will not kill him before a good operative will.

Example)

Seeing as we are familiar with people on our own server I already know who the healers are before marks and all that.

If my premade is against another premade we already know who I will be on, and the healer knows it too...they will shout in general for me to stay off of their **** please.

If we are fighting for middle, which is what we normally do *control middle*. The healer has 2 options, and he knows they are coming. My squad will wreck theirs without his heals, or he can heal his friends and I will kill him.

There is no way in hell a healer is going to live our opener and cooldowns unless they are a merc because of interrupt immunity. But if it is a merc, he is literally healing himself the whole entire time (which causes him to lose).

You open with acid/hidden for at least 4k on any healer, immediately acid vanish reopen, they are at 30%...thats like a backstab and a shiv. No other character can do that with all of their cooldowns up.

period.

and if he has guard on him, awesome, split the damage between him and his friend. His buddy will get picked off so fast, he will not be able to heal both.

EDIT:and sometimes hidden strike will bug causing it to do another mimic'd damage making them instantly die. We are the best at it.

Edited by Cwild

I think Op healers could use a buff for PvE reasons, but as an Op healer in PvP, I find our burst healing and ability to keep people alive at low levels of health is more valuable than people realize.

And sine the OP invoked numbers, I have no issue putting up numbers, and neither do the Op healers on my server. I've cracked 600k multiple times, 500k with regularity (though once numbers are approaching this for any healer, it's generally indicative of a bad warzone).

I actually feel some of our strengths are a little OP.