If this game was not Star Wars would you still play?

Rtwozero

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. My reason is because I've been looking for something like this. I had been wanting a game wher I could customize my character, and play through a dynamic story where I could make my own choices. I know there are other games like that, but I wanted to play an MMO as well, if not together, seprately. The fact that they came together helps.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Kikilicious

I don't think this is a valid question. If you strip out all the star wars elements (Jedi's/sith, lightside/darkside, starwars locations), you have a completely different game. If you're asking me if I would play this game if it was completely different game.

Well the answer would be it depends on what kind of game it would be :p.

All that comes to mind is Pandas and Poke'mon.

But I would still play SW:TOR as it does not have Jar Jar Binks, Ewoks, Elves, Orcs, talking Cows, Toe Jam, and other stuff I learned to dislike.

It does have Potential, VO cut-scenes, a fair and soon to be improved Crafting Skills setup, room for expansion both planet/s and character, teeth that have yet to grow in, and my very own personal droid - although I can't find the switch for the voice modulator.

Edited by Esproc

No.

1) Bioware seems to eliminate competition/work for reward.

2) PvE is too easy, so is PVP since gear will be handed out.

3) Apparently Bioware only cares about casual players.

4) Small (easy fixable) bugs are not getting worked out.

5) Raiding comes with a lot of bugs... fix it already.

6) No obvious place to duel(everyone is at fleet) - duels provides a lot of practise

7) I am very tired of smashing my space button in HM's i've done 30 times. (add a skip cut scene, that everyone in group must agree to or w/e)

8) Poor to pathetic communication with community from Biowares side.

9) Apparently Bioware only cares about casual players.

10) Apparently Bioware only cares about casual players.

11) Apparently Bioware only cares about casual players.

12) Apparently Bioware only cares about casual players.

Sorry for the last troll, but seriously..

I would because it is created by Bioware who wants to put RPG back into MMORPGs again.

There was a promise that I don't think they kept, and that is non-linear questing. But I guess it is too difficult because the more branches you have, the more you have to code.

Its awesome while you level, but at end game its not really special

If this game was not Star Wars, but some other lore/world/universe, would you still play?

If yes, list 3 reasons why.

If no, list 3 reasons why.

Constructive and civilized responses only please.

To be honest, that's an unanswerable question. It would depend on whether or not the story/lore/universe was one that I found intriguing or interesting.

Its awesome while you level, but at end game its not really special

Yea, it's a nice one trick pony, but with alts all the same side quests are too painfully boring to balance against the only new thing you will see, which is the alts main class quest.

Every route, every path you take will more than likely be the exact same, you could probably trace your footsteps.

"Linear glorified hallways" are what the planets in SWTOR are.

Edited by Dego_Locc

No

I can't really give 3 reasons I've been in beta sense July I gave Bioware itself so many reasons not to release this yet, I pretty much detailed quests game mechanics that are in here still that just murders a real opportunity for something to remember and would have made ones quest special.

But I was flooded by something else call it biodrones haters who knows I didn't pick a side I just wanted to give my 2cents to see something good.

No

I can't really give 3 reasons I've been in beta sense July I gave Bioware itself so many reasons not to release this yet, I pretty much detailed quests game mechanics that are in here still that just murders a real opportunity for something to remember and would have made ones quest special.

But I was flooded by something else call it biodrones haters who knows I didn't pick a side I just wanted to give my 2cents to see something good.

I as a gamer salute you.

The reason why they didn't listen to you was $.

I have come to the conclusion that the game was simply released too early. Rather than answer the question I am going to give the game another shot at a later date and see it with fresh eyes. It has been brought to light recently that many projects concerning the game were axed to meet the launch window. I am done hating on this game because it has become clear what it really needs is time.

Did it , does not help at all . Looking at the number of posts on the forums , and from what i know from guildies , i can only judge that i am not alone .

Seems strasnge. I'm not running anything cutting-edge, hardware wise... hmmm

Definately not.

1. Dragon Age 2 sucked and has ruined my impression of all Bioware games since as well as those yet to come.

2. Jennifer Hepler. Need I say more?

3. I quit WoW after the crusader patch for WotLK. I had played since launch and after investing so much time and money in that game I had become burnt out with mmo's in general. Rift almost brought me back but I didn't really like the setting so I didn't touch it. Then SWToR comes along and here I am. I love Star Wars and sci-fi in general so I really just needed a really good setting and story to bring me back.

If this game was not Star Wars, but some other lore/world/universe, would you still play?

If yes, list 3 reasons why.

If no, list 3 reasons why.

Constructive and civilized responses only please.

If this game engine was used to create Mass Effect Online I would play that too.

But the question is idiotic, so much of the game mechanics is tied into the fact your a Jedi Knight or the world design ties into it being Star Wars, I doubt ME-O using the same engine would feel anything like this.

Never i just stay cuz miss SWG before sony ruin it with nge

1-No open pvp

2-fps bad

3-craft terrible

4-trader horrible

5-bugs

6-support auto msg

7-hacks with no ban

8-exploits with no ban

9-EMPTY world

10-Faction balance most terrible design in the mmorpg history

11-3 months to fix a simple warzone count system

12-Warzone with random players

13-pve end game boring

14-Faction R with no love and poor design

15-No server merge

16-Speeders without pax

17-No events

18-The company only lie about patch fix

19-The numbers of unsubs are so high

20-EA+Origin = poor market vision they block selling in many country so less players

21-they dont accept paypal and dont let you unsub when they are in trouble

22-same warhammer team its mean future free mmo

999999....IT dept its so poor cant provide fast solution for empty servers

Yeah i love so much star wars but its over unsub alredy i can support everything but empty server i cant

Its in all reality not a true bioware game. bioware from pre-2006 no longer exists, most of their talent pool IE upper level development staff that created the old bioware titles such as Boulders gate series up to DA:O and ME1. All have resigned from bioware to join smaller studios. Majority of them all sharing the comment of "they did not like the direction the studio was heading" (funny enough this all started right after the EA buyout)

So in reality your not playing a Bioware title, you are playing a EA title sold under the bioware name.

Ah yes the casual gamer stereotype. The "new and shiny" crowd are about as stable as paper kite in a hurricane when it comes to MMO subscription demographics.

Citation needed please. Just spent about 10 mins googling the best I can and I cant find anything about developers leaving Bioware.

In fact, the same three people have been in charge of the creative development of all Bioware games from Baldur's Gate to Mass Effect 3.

So again, please cite your information before spouting hipster nonsense.