Amazing RNG on Loot... /sarcasm

So, Bioware, do you have plans to fix how we obtain loot for Operations in 1.2... because I'm really tired of not seeing Warrior Gloves and Warrior Chestpiece not dropping for 4 weeks in a row.

It's just stupid. Rift had a much better loot system with commendations and not this random "pray to the gods" loot drop.

What's even better is my companion has Rakata gloves before I do cuz Operative gear is falling like rain in Seattle.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Bioware, do you have plans to fix how we obtain loot for Operations in 1.2... because I'm really tired of not seeing Warrior Gloves and Warrior Chestpiece not dropping for 4 weeks in a row.

It's just stupid. Rift had a much better loot system with commendations and not this random "pray to the gods" loot drop.

What's even better is my companion has Rakata gloves before I do cuz Operative gear is falling like rain in Seattle.

really rain O_O... Looks up and hopes for thunder

Same for republic side.

We have been running EV and KP HM's for 7-8 weeks now. Each week we down every boss and yet we have seen the following Jedi Knight drops.....

0-Chest

2-Legs

2-Head

The rest has been decent drops like gloves and boots. My companion is in full Rakata smuggler gear because we don't run with a smuggler and smuggler and consular gear is extremely common.

There is no way that this is random drops.

8 weeks multiplied by 2 chest pieces per drop= 16 Possible drops

And not one is a Jedi Knight Chest.

This needs to be addressed, possibly changing to a full Commendation system for loot. That way it awards people for doing the raids instead of awarding people that play the least popular classes and are simply lucky.

lol i have my rakata for dps and tanking both chest and gloves quit crying about loot

lol i have my rakata for dps and tanking both chest and gloves quit crying about loot

People that blindly respond like this don't understand how broken the RNG truly is.

The threads that regarded this issue are long buried. Probably to page 50 by now. The people most likely just gave up, as Bioware never addressed the issue.

"I got what I wanted so that means things are fine and no one else in the world could possibly be getting screwed by the fickle finger of fate."

Yeah, that comment makes you a real winner buddy. We are all very impressed by how lucky you have been with drops. That clearly means the rest of us are doing it wrong when the wrong gear randomly drops for us over and over.

I agree with the OP. It is bad in HM flashpoints. Out of 12 HM runs I have only seen 5 actual upgrades for anyone in the group. The problem is much worse in Operations. Seeing the same wrong drops over and over just makes people frustrated. I don't see the point of class restricted gear dropping from raid bosses. Have them drop a token that anyone can trade for their Rakata set and if you want random drops make them randomly drop a weapon or something.

Edited by Ellvaan
Rude, uninviting

I have to chime in on this, for the last 4 weeks or so, we've only seen 3 Inquisitor boots and 1 Inquisitor wrist tokens.

Several of my guildies got way better geared companions than 4 of us main raiders (all inquisitors), and whenever we bring a new Bounty Hunter/Warrior/Imperial Agent to the operations they are usually nearly fully Rakata geared by the end of the night.

It's getting really frustrating, and I'd really like the devs to take a look at the looting system for operations.

This is a common issue on both factions, we often see a ton of smuggler and trooper gear drop, but hardly ever any jedi gear. I have my dps and heal set completely geared out in rakata and my companion runs around in rakata gear.

If that even somehow puts into perspective of just how much trooper gear drops for us.

Hope they add some token sharing rather per class tokens. Sometimes we don't bring any smugglers.

Unless i see some proffesional statistic concerning the loot drops compared to group setups or otherpossible factors that could apply, I would say this is pure superstition :eek:

We are not saying more gear is dropping for one class, but that it is annoyning that gear that no one can use is dropping over and over again. Fx no BH in group and then BH gear drops, that is just waste of loot really

People that blindly respond like this don't understand how broken the RNG truly is.

Ah, random and MMOs, always such fun.

Given the number of iterations, almost anything is statistically possible, even likely. Getting same drop 10 times in a row won't happen too often (~1 in million) but it will eventually happen to someone.

Combined with observation bias and lack of data, RNG will always feel broken... Unless it isn't random and developers have tweaked it so that it actually is broken and gives unnaturally even distribution.

Ah, random and MMOs, always such fun.

Given the number of iterations, almost anything is statistically possible, even likely. Getting same drop 10 times in a row won't happen too often (~1 in million) but it will eventually happen to someone.

Combined with observation bias and lack of data, RNG will always feel broken... Unless it isn't random and developers have tweaked it so that it actually is broken and gives unnaturally even distribution.

You can tell something about statistic as much as you want. But having our smuggler with full 5 sets of Rakta compared to some who never saw a single piece will tell you that there is something wrong.

Last 3 Runs, 75-95% smuggler loot. With only one, sometimes two smuggler in raid, its really not fun anymore.

You can tell something about statistic as much as you want. But having our smuggler with full 5 sets of Rakta compared to some who never saw a single piece will tell you that there is something wrong.

Last 3 Runs, 75-95% smuggler loot. With only one, sometimes two smuggler in raid, its really not fun anymore.

well we've had anything from 90% Inqisitor loot to 90% Sith Warrior Loot - ofc its not fun if gear drops for classes that aren't in your Ops-Group but well honestly gearing is way too fast in swtor anyway so who cares...

In addition most Rakata Gear uses worse mods than their Columni counterparts...

Nowadays when we run Ops most gear goes to some new player or is used for Mods or as 2ndary Set (Heal/DPS, whatever).

And what i'm trying to say is: Top Gear Drops are way to common - if we take a "perfect" 16m Ops Group with 4 of each class - you get 4 Top Tier (Raka) Drops per Boss - now those might not allways be the ones you seek but lets say Half are usefull each ID --> 8 Weeks and your fully geared most even faster...

Now sure most groups won't have a perfect class distribution but well that isn't the games fault...

Unless i see some proffesional statistic concerning the loot drops compared to group setups or otherpossible factors that could apply, I would say this is pure superstition :eek:

The Rakata pieces I currently have are:

Rakata Belt

Rakata Bracers

Rakata Pants

Rakata Mainhand

Rakata Offhand (this drops off Gharj every week)

I have gone 7 weeks without ANYTHING NEW dropping - The following has never dropped for me (I'm usually the only imperial agent):

Rakata Gloves

Rakata Boots

Rakata Helm

Rakata Chest

So that makes for a total of

7 Annihilation Droid XRR-3 - Never dropping agent gloves in close to 2 months

7 Infernal Councils - Never dropping agent boots in close to 2 months

7 Bonethrashers - Never dropping agent helm in close to 2 months

7 Soa the infernal - Never dropping agent chest in close to 2 months

If you think of the odds, that's 28 bosses dropping 2 pieces of Rakata loot for 4 base classes and they never show up as Agent. But I sure as hell have a ton of Rakata offhands (I'm collecting them, because again, I'm usually the only agent).

In tonight's EV raid, we had a new mercenary healer join us who is now as geared as I am (armorwise) in ONE RAID (3 bounty hunter drops - gloves, boots, legs).

So, since I received my last piece of Rakata gear(Rakata Mainhand) back in January, I've yet to see a single piece of new agent gear. Something IS broken with the RNG or I have the worst luck in all the servers.

Now sure most groups won't have a perfect class distribution but well that isn't the games fault...

I completely disagree with you

Edited by Viceroye

It tells you exactly nothing.

Basicly you can only hope that it either

A) works

B) will be fixed if it doesn't

Even if you keep record of the drops:

Single player has no way of knowing if it works or not, there just isn't enough data

Single clan has no way of knowing if it works or not, there just isn't enough data

Single server probably has no way of knowing if it works or not, unless it's totally screwed, there won't be enough data.

Forums are the absolutely worst place to draw information about the matter.

Chances of the same three pieces of gear dropping:

Assuming the chances are equal for each class, 100/4 = 25%

So, using probability, the chances of three of the same peices are (.25)^3 = 0.0156

0.015 = 1.5% chance to drop the same three pieces of tier in the same, single fight... it happens so much more than that it possibly cannot be attributed to being completely random. Something else is behind the scenes messing with drop rates.

Or, I am completely wrong because it's early and I am still hung over a little bit.

Edited by namespace

0.015 = 1.5% chance to drop the same three pieces of tier in the same, single fight... it happens so much more than that it possibly cannot be attributed to being completely random. Something else is behind the scenes messing with drop rates.

Or, I am completely wrong because it's early and I am still hung over a little bit.

There is thousands of boss runs each week. So it can easily happen 100+ times a week. Actually I have no idea how many runs there is, but plenty in any case.

It's rare enough that people will feel wronged and might complain at forum. Strangely enough, people who get about even distribution won't feel the need...

Last night we cleared nightmare EV and every boss had a very even spread of loot across the four classes. Other nights, we've seen five rakata consular chest tokens drop from Soa.

RNG is RNG. Someone here did a really good job of explaining how true RNG often feels broken while a tweaked system that provides more stable rewards feels more fair. It is not random then, and thus not "fair" in the greater sense of the game. It was a nice read.

Hmm, after little more thought...

So, using probability, the chances of three of the same peices are (.25)^3 = 0.0156

This is probability for 3 of the same pieces for specific class. For 3 same pieces for any class it's 4 times that, so 0.0624.

Furthermore, if you kill for example 8 bosses that each drop 3 set pieces, probability that atleast one of those drops 3x same piece is 1-0.9376^8 ~ 0.4028. So 40%.

Really? So much loot drops, it's rediculous.....I wish it took longer to gear up, I'd be happy with 4 weeks. As it stands now, we recruit a new dude, he does one raid and has almost full Rakata and a weapon and doesn't log in again.

The last thing we should want is to make it even easier to gear up, unless the goal is to just get rid of guilds and focus on pugging for the best gear in the game :(