Show of hands, who else is enjoying SWTOR Vanila?

CKNORTH

I am really enjoying it personally, just wanted to see a bit of positive feedback for once, Vanila games always are exciting I think that's why bioware has so many servers there just excited to make sure we have lots of places to make alts Lol! And incase we get flooded soon with new blood!

Edit: two "L's" now =P

Edit:Edit: ack it didn't fix it!

Edited by CKNORTH

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha I was ready to start bashing whinners coming in here, but I was wrong. I have alot of fun playing this game, and think 1.2 will just push it through the roof of fun-ness. Also the game is brand new, and for a brand new game I give it two thumbs up, Ive ran into nothing game breaking.

I'm enjoying it too.

Is it perfect? Absolutely not. Is it good? Certainly yes.

I'm impatient to see how much I will like (or not) the Legacy update coming with 1.2.

But all my alts are giggling about it :D

And many peoples who still spread the hate, are in fact lovers in denial else they would have moved on and would not waste time around here anymore :p

I'm sorry, this is my first mmo, but what does "Vanilla" mean, if it means fresh why isn't it codenamed "Choclate"?

lol, kinda goes back to the wow days... vanilla meaning the standard out of the box season 1 of a game series. like the original. (not sure why vanilla, guess that's your standard icecream or something? dunno even if wow was the first to use it either... probably not) anyways, I always prefer calling it "classic"... though saying this is "swtor classic" is kind of like calling a movie that comes out next year a classic film now... XD

It's vanilla because you're playing the original "base" version of the game. You add things to vanilla to make it better, like sprinkles (patches), chocolate syrup (new shiny loots), and then you can even light it on fire (drastic mechanic changes).

I'm not. To linear questing. Bad end game. Inexperienced/slow dev team, imo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad people are enjoying this game. I just wish there had been more to keep me playing. I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan. Anyway, cheers to those who enjoy it and hopefully I'll see you in a year when there is better end game content.

From my experience those who aren't happy come here for the most part, while those who are happy are PLAYING THE GAME.

I tend to visit these forums when I'm away from home or at work, but I tend to steer clear of the Haters. They are quite depressing, and will drag you down if given the chance because to them

Misery Loves company.

/Raisehand

I love the game.

From my experience those who aren't happy come here for the most part, while those who are happy are PLAYING THE GAME.

I tend to visit these forums when I'm away from home or at work, but I tend to steer clear of the Haters. They are quite depressing, and will drag you down if given the chance because to them

Misery Loves company.

/Raisehand

I love the game.

Yeah I won't be able to play for three days graphic card crapped out, comp in the shop getting fixed, but there will always be people disappointed , can't please everyone I guess

I am not sure what you are basing the vanilla on? The whole Vanilla WoW reference relates to a very clear shift from 40 man progression raiding to 20 and 10 man content dominating. Basically vanilla wow was considered more challenging with less hand holding. How can you say this is SWTOR vanilla when no great shift has yet occurred? I would also argue that SWTOR never had a vanilla phase because it is more like post-vanilla wow with very liitle in common with everquest which Vanilla WoW is largely based. Maybe I am overthinking this.

I suppose you could call any game vanilla at launch.

To answer your question. At first I loved it, now I am waiting and seeing.

very solid game with lots of stuff coming in with short turnarounds. sounds like a winner to me!

and killing jawas doesn't hurt either...

First off this statement about jawas is full of win. ^^^

I'm loving it so far, what I will really like is the people who will cancel and then come back in the future. I will get to love all their posts about how they lost things when their account went inactive just as much as I love their bashing posts on a 4 month old game.

the game is good although i've been playing less.

I know its Burnout but it has nothing to do with the game. i do get in stints where i enjoy it all over again. i think i kinda burned myself out initially which was my own fault.

however the content coming a long looks nice and i'm honestly really excited they are finally putting gear customizing in the game so i can color my armor the way i like.

First off this statement about jawas is full of win. ^^^

I'm loving it so far, what I will really like is the people who will cancel and then come back in the future. I will get to love all their posts about how they lost things when their account went inactive just as much as I love their bashing posts on a 4 month old game.

Lolol you know I bet jawa robes make nice slippers!...

At first I really burnt myself out I was going to unsubscribe but got to thinking about if they offer vet rewards or loyalty perks and I don't want to miss out my game has all the perks from CE to B.Y. Crystal and founder, and when an expansion comes it will be preorder CE for sure. I guess it stems from missing out on mini diablo Lol. But I do enjoy perks for games =P