Hands-On with the Legacy System [ARTICLE]

DarthKeredias

"Completing Act Three (at max-level)

Empire class unlocks the following abilities for everyone in your legacy: Flamethrower (Bounty Hunter), Lightning Storm (Sith Inquisitor), Force Choke (Sith Warrior), Orbital Strike (Imperial Agent).

For Republic classes: Project (Jedi Consular), Force Sweep (Jedi Knight), Sticky Grenade (Republic Trooper), Dirty Kick (Smuggler)."

'Sticky Grenade' for getting a trooper to 50!

How underwhelming :(

Is that the most 'Iconic' class skill the Devs can come up with as a legacy unlock?

Edited by Micadog

Empire class unlocks the following abilities for everyone in your legacy: Flamethrower (Bounty Hunter), Lightning Storm (Sith Inquisitor), Force Choke (Sith Warrior), Orbital Strike (Imperial Agent).

For Republic classes: Project (Jedi Consular), Force Sweep (Jedi Knight), Sticky Grenade (Republic Trooper), Dirty Kick (Smuggler)."

Is that the most 'Iconic' class skill the Devs can come up with as a legacy unlock?

Can't please everyone.

I would say Stock Strike would have been cool, but maybe doing that with a lighsaber wasn't feasible.

You do understand that they intend these to be skill perks, on long timers, mostly just for their RP, right????

Not trying to be a wet noodle here, but is the Legacy system really that exciting? I don't understand the interest in it. -shrugs-

small things amuse small minds I guess. Wait till its out 2 weeks and people will be crying for more content because the content they add with this is so shallow and lore breaking it will no longer be star wars.. They should actually just change the name to something else and release the I.P to some competent company.

Not trying to be a wet noodle here, but is the Legacy system really that exciting? I don't understand the interest in it. -shrugs-

From http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19982-guild-summit-patch-1-2-hands-on-highlights

Highlights

Legacy

Companion Buffs (Example)

Imperial Agent

Kaliyo – Bonus to endurance

Vector – Bonus to surge

Doctor Lokin – Bonus to healing

Ensign Temple – Bonus to critical chance

Scorpio – Bonus to defense

The rest of the classes have their own but due to time constraints, we will add them here later. However, all of the classes follow similar bonus lines.

Species

Note: All of the values will likely be retooled or changed before the 1.2 patch roll out. Everything here should be treated as such until the final values are updated. Values with * may be incorrect. All species unlocks can be unlocked by getting to 50 with a character of that species.

Chiss – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8

Cyborg – Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8

Human – Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8

Miraluka – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8

Mirialan – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

Rattataki – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

Sith Pureblood – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

Twilek – Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8

Zabrak – Unlockable for 500,000* credits , legacy level 8

Alignment

Legacy of Sacrifice – Grants the use of the sacrifice ability to all characters. Injures your companion to instantly heal yourself. Requires level 50, Dark V, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

Legacy of Unity – Grants the use of the unity ability to all characters. Unity reduces damage to you and your companion for a short duration. Requires level 50, Light V, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

Legacy of Equilibrium – Grants the use of the equilibrium ability to all characters. Equilibrium increases damage and healing by you and your companion for a short duration. Requires level 50, neutral, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

Ship Unlocks

Mailbox – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

Repair Droid – Unlockable for 1 million credits, legacy level 8

Operation Training Dummy – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

Warzone Training Dummy – Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10, valor rank required

Black Market Trade Terminal – Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 35

Combat

Legacy of Combat: Punch – Unlocks the unarmed combat function. Unlockable for 10,000 credits, legacy level 5, Valor rank level 5

Legacy of Combat: Jab – Unlockable for 15,000 credits, legacy level 8, valor rank 10

Legacy of Combat: Uppercut – Unlockable for 20,000 credits, legacy level 10,valor rank 15

Legacy of Combat: Bash – Unlockable for 25,000 credits, legacy level 15,valor rank 25

Social

Companion dance – Unlockable for 50,000 credits, legacy level 5, social 2 or above

Tech Emotes – /datapad /holocoms /map. Unlockable for 50,000 credits, legacy level 8, social 4 or above

Tech Tool Emotes – /scanned /scangreen /binoculars /weld. Unlockable for 50,000 credits, legacy level 12, social 6 or above

Double Lasers Emote – Unlockable for 150,000 credits, legacy level 15, social 10 or above

Convenience

Legacy Fleet Pass – Cuts down the time of the use of Fleet Pass by increments of one hour for each of the levels. There are three levels to it and are unlockable for increments of 50,000 credits, 5 legacy levels (5, 10, 15)

Legacy Quick Travel – Same as the above except that it is cut down by one minute each level instead.

Rocket Boost – Short duration speed increase. Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 20

Achievement Mission Terminals

Several Achievement Mission Terminals are located in fleets of the two factions that now unlock achievement rewards for doing certain flashpoints, operations, etc. These feats require boss kills and more to unlock special speeder skins/colors

Theres more to the system the stuff they talked about was only a portion. Granted most of the other stuff will come later. The legacy system is designed to be build on and even new character will be able to benefit as long as you have at least one lvl 50.

You do understand that they intend these to be skill perks, on long timers, mostly just for their RP, right????

Yes, I do know that. It is just such an un-interesting skill to use in what I assume is your 'Heroic' moment every 20 minutes.

-nods-

I read that, which was really what made me wonder what in that is so interesting. I don't even know what legacy level my character is, I don't know where to find it either.

I'm not being cynical here, I just don't get it.

A few good points for me were faster travel times, training dummy on my ship, change speeder skins, achievements, etc.

Besides the Unarmed combat unlocks (which sound cool at least on paper) I am disappointed with the Legacy system.

But I guess it doesn't really matter since once I preorder GW2 on April 10th ensuring invite to every beta event I will be cancelling my SWTOR account.

Don't think so. The credit prices are a choice for players who only want to play one character.

As I understand it, you get the legacy level and it's free or you can buy for that price if you don't want to work on legacy level.

And the smugger ..gets a kick..lmao..this has turned out to be a useless feature :(

And the smugger ..gets a kick..lmao..this has turned out to be a useless feature :(

I think you are reading it wrong.

If you level a smuggler to 50, then all your other legacy characters get the Smuggler Kick as an option for themselves. Another stun, would be quite good.

So I have a question for you lore guys out there regarding the legacy system. In part of the trailer I saw characters being marked as another characters son or whatever. This is a legacy and your characters share a last name so it is supposed to be some sort of family right? How does that work with all these different species?

because there isn't enough CC in game already? Wait..forgot its pve only..but most bosses are CC immune..so it really helps nothing.

You need your pet out, so really how often are any of these really going to be used in a "meaningful" way. :)