Yoda: worst jedi ever?

Mongrul

Indeed, my mistake, its the Council of Reconciliation.
I see no reason why those exceptionally skilled in diplomacy yet lacking in combat ability should be barred from becoming members of the Jedi High Council when with the power they wielded, which is greater than the Council of Reconciliation, could do both the Order and the Republic a whole lot of good.

Remember the Council of Reconciliation deal with purely diplomatic concerns, however there are many instances in which non-diplomatic situations can benefit from diplomacy, and even be turned in diplomatic situations.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no reason why those exceptionally skilled in diplomacy yet lacking in combat ability should be barred from becoming members of the Jedi High Council when with the power they wielded, which is greater than the Council of Reconciliation, could do both the Order and the Republic a whole lot of good.

Remember the Council of Reconciliation deal with purely diplomatic concerns, however there are many instances in which non-diplomatic situations can benefit from diplomacy, and even be turned in diplomatic situations.

Havent seen Coleman Trebor do that, I have only seen him do pure diplomacy,so as far as I know, Council of Reconciliation is where he should have been.

Havent seen Coleman Trebor do that, I have only seen him do pure diplomacy,so as far as I know, Council of Reconciliation is where he should have been.
The Council chose him because of his myriad contacts around the galaxy, and because of his abilities in dealing with other species. He was often sent to social events to act as a representative of the Council, and was a spokesbeing for the Jedi Order, often directly speaking to the media.

Clearly he was of use, and would have been of more use during the Clone Wars in attempting to forge peace.

Nonetheless I don't see how any of this is argument for claiming Trebor to be a bad Jedi.

The Council chose him because of his myriad contacts around the galaxy, and because of his abilities in dealing with other species. He was often sent to social events to act as a representative of the Council, and was a spokesbeing for the Jedi Order, often directly speaking to the media.

Clearly he was of use, and would have been of more use during the Clone Wars in attempting to forge peace.

Nonetheless I don't see how any of this is argument for claiming Trebor to be a bad Jedi.

Based on certain Jedi teachings, that would make him one of the most important members of the Jedi Order.

Diplomacy requires both sides be willing to negotiate. If they arent you have to bringing them down until they will be open to negotiations, and its the bringing down part that im questioning with Trebor.

This fest is both amusing and revolting.

You will even sink so low , in your movies era worship,that you glorify such a failure as the guy that got shot by Jango.

Cunning warrior? Lmao.

Edited by Kaedusz

Diplomacy requires both sides be willing to negotiate. If they arent you have to bringing them down until they will be open to negotiations, and its the bringing down part that im questioning with Trebor.
Lol, that's ridiculous. You can't negotiate with someone by waving a lightsaber in their face, that's called forcing them to surrender on your terms. Negotiation is a mutual activity.

I'm just going to ramble for a bit and hope it means something in this discussion.

"Although I am a Jedi Battlemaster, I must stress that aggression is never the way of the Jedi. More fundamental than even Form I is Form Zero- finding a non-violent solution to any problem you encounter. In the words of the Tythonese Sky Judge Culoph, 'the best blades are kept in their sheathes.'"- Jedi Battlemaster Skarch Vaunk

Even Yoda recognizes this precept for what it is, and makes mention of this several times throughout the Clone Wars, lamenting the fact that the Jedi have to unsheathe their blades.

The comic 'The Best Blades' focuses on Yoda's journey to Thustra, where he attempts to bring a peaceful end to the conflict there, despite everyone pushing for more fighting. It is a brilliant story for this topic because it focuses on Yoda doing everything in his power to avoid violence, even when his adversary (and friend) and allies push for continued fighting. It is a story that focuses on what the Jedi have become. Yoda also mentions Culoph during the story and elaborates on why a Jedi focuses on bringing violence to an end without violence.

So why the story? Well, I feel it pertains to the discussion at hand, and my general point. A Jedi is not a warrior. Even the greatest of Jedi swordmasters recognize this. Coleman Trebor may not be the most skilled warrior, but this is not what makes a Jedi a Jedi. As I said before, we should focus on those who fail to dedicate themselves to the fundamental precepts of the Jedi Order. In doing this, we can see that Coleman Trebor is not the worst Jedi ever.

/endrant

Anyone who thinks Yoda is the worst Jedi ever is not worth debating with, so I'd rather move away from that point lol.

Anyone who doesn't understand the notion behind the saying is not worth debating.

People see "Yoda: worst jedi ever"...in a sentence...and they automatically dismiss it as some troll statement.

Now that may be why the OP created this thread...but I couldn't tell you that.

In skill...Yoda is obviously not the worst jedi ever.

However, as someone else mentioned in this thread...Yoda is the worst in terms of not doing anything with all the power he had.

Season 6 of TCW proves this...and it also makes you look at episode 5.

Yodi had way too much information about everything that was about to happen...and chose to do nothing with that information.

A lot of people state that..."well, he knew what was going to happen and just accepted it". That's BS...and that's what puts him as the worst jedi ever.

He knew this was going to happen...refused to warn anyone. So when the time came...he was able to be on guard and survive it...but every other jedi died. Therefore...one can determine that...because he knew about it in advance, he was able to survive. So if the other jedi knew about it (if he had told them)...then they might have been able to survive as well by being on guard.

Then in episode 5...he wasn't even going to train Luke. He only did so because of Obi-Wan's force ghost spirit. Yodi was ok with letting all the Jedi and their teachings die with himself.

These events prove he was selfish in the worst ways. This is why he qualifies as the worst jedi ever...in my opinion.

Now obviously one can argue that this isn't how Lucas wanted it to be percieved...but these are how everything played out nontheless.

People see "Yoda: worst jedi ever"...in a sentence...and they automatically dismiss it as some troll statement.

Now that may be why the OP created this thread...but I couldn't tell you that.

In skill...Yoda is obviously not the worst jedi ever.

However, as someone else mentioned in this thread...Yoda is the worst in terms of not doing anything with all the power he had.

I'm not talking about skill, I'm talking about your opinion, this opinion, its ridiculous.

There are far far far worse Jedi out there who have done terrible things with their power under the pretext of being a Jedi. Far worse. For some pointers look up Atris, look up Master Dar'Nala, look up the rest of the OT Jedi Council who sat by and did nothing while the galaxy burned at the hands of the Mandalorians. Then tell me that Yoda is "the worst Jedi ever" despite all the good he did for the Order over the 800+ years he was a Jedi.

On top of that, the accusations leveled at Yoda are grossly exaggerated:

Yoda foresaw the destruction of the Jedi Order, yes. Did he do nothing about it? No, no he didn't. He learned how to become one with the Force and passed that technique down to others so that the Jedi Order would live forever.

Did he fail to warn anyone? No, no he didn't. Forget this conservation, did you?

Mace Windu: I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi. The Dark Side of the Force surrounds the Chancellor.

Ki-Adi-Mundi: If he does not give up his emergency powers after the destruction of Grievous, then he must be forcibly removed from office.

Mace Windu: It will be tricky. The Jedi Council will have to take control of the Senate to ensure a peaceful transition to a new goverment and a new leadership for the Republic.

Yoda: Hmm. To a dark place this line of thought will carry us. Great care we must take.

It seemed a little weird in the context of the film alone, I mean really? All the Jedi Council folks are nodding their heads like they knew all along and its just like, when did this happen!? When did you find out Palpy was tied to the Sith Lord? When was the decision made to effectively stage a coup to take over the Republic?

A couple of scenes later Anakin tells Windu Palpatine is the Sith Lord and there like "great, lets arrest him!" Woah woah wait a minute aren't you going to discuss this first or something... strike team already on hand, hoh?

But, we later learnt through I believe Labyrinth of Evil that towards the end of the war the Jedi discovered that a Sith Lord was manipulating the Senate and the war, and was closely tied with the Chancellor. So they decided that at the end of the war they would arrest the Chancellor and take over the Republic and expose the Sith Lord in the process.

Most likely Yoda did tell the Jedi High Council everything he knew, and in response to this made a great deal of progress concerning the identity of the Sith Lord manipulating the Clone Wars and put plans into action to protect the Jedi and the Republic. Stuff was done, measures were put in place, people were warned, Yoda didn't just sit around. And on top of that Yoda had a Plan B, achieve Oneness with the Force so their teachings will be preserved.

Did Yoda have have flaws? Was one of those flaws failing to realise the truth behind the war before it was too late? Yes. But that doesn't make him the worst Jedi ever. Not even close. Go home everyone, go home.

Edited by Beniboybling

Grand Master Satele Shan battled the whole sith empire i guess thousands of sith warriors in armor with sith fleets attacking frequently.she manages to fight them all off.

Grand Master Luke Skywalker manages to fight off the whole yuuzhan vong invasion. probably millions of enemies.

Grand Master Yoda has 2 sith enemies. no armor, no battlecruisers to fight. the whole republic and jedi order come crumbling down on his watch.

yes the sith traded in their armor for cloth cloaks and went from a political angle instead of brute force. but still its only 2 and one of them is right under your friggin nose. i cant comprehend it.

the dark side clouds the vision. blah blah blah it appears any force user can detect another force user unless the one hiding force cloaks himself? can he manage a force cloak 24 hours a day for years?

The Yode was like 850 years old when he fought that fight, he was an old granddad with his powers were on the wain, those other folks you mentioned were in their primes during those events.