Yoda: worst jedi ever?

Mongrul

Pretty sure the worst Jedi ever was Anakin Skywalker. Turning to the dark side and slaughtering the order? yeah pretty sure thats worst

That doesn't make him the worst Jedi. Revan did much worse, yet he is considered one of the best Jedi ( albeit Sith as well) in the orders history. You want the worst Jedi? This guy: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Coleman_Trebor

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how a renowned and skillful diplomat can be considered a bad Jedi because he lacks combat skills. People seem to forget that the best Jedi are those who succeed in finding peaceful solutions as opposed to violence.

In that respect, he was a lot better than many Jedi hypocrites I've come across, and deserved of a place on the Jedi High Council. Its a shame he died on Geonosis, maybe he would have knocked some sense into them...

I don't understand how a renowned and skillful diplomat can be considered a bad Jedi because he lacks combat skills. People seem to forget that the best Jedi are those who succeed in finding peaceful solutions as opposed to violence.

In that respect, he was a lot better than many Jedi hypocrites I've come across, and deserved of a place on the Jedi High Council. Its a shame he died on Geonosis, maybe he would have knocked some sense into them...

Agreed. One of the primary Jedi teachings is to end a confrontation with little to no violence, the greatest of Jedi being a master of Form Zero.

And what use is that skill, if when negotiations fail, one cant defend himself?
So all politicians and diplomats should carry guns? No.

Different people have different roles, and the same can be said for Jedi. Nonetheless Coleman Trebor is armed with a lightsaber and the Force and is therefore more than capable of defending himself. Just not against the then most deadly bounty hunter in the galaxy who has killed far more powerful Force-sensitive adversaries than Trebor.

Different people have different roles, and the same can be said for Jedi. Nonetheless Coleman Trebor is armed with a lightsaber and the Force and is therefore more than capable of defending himself. Just not against the then most deadly bounty hunter in the galaxy who has killed far more powerful Force-sensitive adversaries than Trebor.

Well, except for Durge. :p

Anyway, I agree.

More on topic, Yoda isn't the worst Jedi. Frankly, I don't think there is a 'worst Jedi.' Each Jedi has their own role in the Order, even those that have been deployed to the various Corps. A Jedi is much more than a warrior or a diplomat. The means of comparing them should be how well they adhere to the philosophies of the Jedi Order.

Last I checked, Jedi arent politicians, and you refer to the Battle of Galidraan I assume, and in that case, I dont belive any of the Jedi he killed were High Council Members.

Last I checked, Jedi arent politicians, and you refer to the Battle of Galidraan I assume, and in that case, I dont belive any of the Jedi he killed were High Council Members.
So? They are diplomats correct? And politicians can be diplomatic as well right? My point is that if you engage in peaceful negotiations you don't need to be expert combatant as well, leave that for others.

They were warriors however, Trebor is a diplomat. However I was more referring to Komari Vosa who he killed single handedly. Jango Fett is grossly superior to anything Trebor would have expected to encounter in terms of hostilities.

So? They are diplomats correct? And politicians can be diplomatic as well right? My point is that if you engage in peaceful negotiations you don't need to be expert combatant as well, leave that for others.

They were warriors however, Trebor is a diplomat. However I was more referring to Komari Vosa who he killed single handedly. Jango Fett is grossly superior to anything Trebor would have expected to encounter in terms of hostilities.

Still, you would think someone who got on the Jedi High Council would manage to not get killed in 3 shots. In the end, Jango Fett is a blaster weilding assailant, not a creation made to kill Jedi like Grievous. And also, not all Jedi serve as diplomats.

Still, you would think someone who got on the Jedi High Council would manage to not get killed in 3 shots. In the end, Jango Fett is a blaster weilding assailant, not a creation made to kill Jedi like Grievous. And also, not all Jedi serve as diplomats.
No you wouldn't, unless the guy was a diplomat not a warrior then you would. The more diplomatic Jedi being a boon as opposed to a burden for any Jedi High Council who serve primarily as peacekeepers, not warriors.

Its certainly not cause, considering all his accomplishments and renown, to call him "the worst Jedi ever".

You don't need to be designed to kill Jedi to be able to kill Jedi, Jango Fett was a Mandalorian and one of the greatest bounty hunters of the age, and he was damn good at killing Jedi - with and without a blaster.

Edited by Beniboybling

No you wouldn't, unless the guy was a diplomat not a warrior then you would. The more diplomatic Jedi being a boon as opposed to a burden for any Jedi High Council who serve primarily as peacekeepers, not warriors.

Its certainly not cause, considering all his accomplishments and renown, to call him "the worst Jedi ever".

You don't need to be designed to kill Jedi to be able to kill Jedi, Jango Fett was a Mandalorian and one of the greatest bounty hunters of the age, and he was damn good at killing Jedi - with and without a blaster./COLOR]

Again, those Jedi he killed, not High Council members, also Coleman Trebor was assumingly trained in Niman, which while a Jack of all trades style, is dependent roughly on the persons creativity and intelligence, the best example of Niman philosophy being Exar Kun. Its called the Diplomats form for a reason, its ment for people who want to study the force or different arts, so either way you put it, Coleman Trebor was defective somewhere.

Again, those Jedi he killed, not High Council members, also Coleman Trebor was assumingly trained in Niman, which while a Jack of all trades style, is dependent roughly on the persons creativity and intelligence, the best example of Niman philosophy being Exar Kun. Its called the Diplomats form for a reason, its ment for people who want to study the force or different arts, so either way you put it, Coleman Trebor was defective somewhere.
Your totally missing the point, the point is that Jango is no average individual and is in fact deadly even to Jedi. And for that reason the fact that Jango easily killed Trebor is not argument to say Trebor is defenseless.

But I'm not going continue this apologia for Trebor's performance. He was a diplomat and a very skilled one, possessing qualities much valued in a Jedi and deserved of a place on the Jedi Council despite his lack of martial ability.

P.S. Trebor wielded Soresu, not Niman.

Edited by Beniboybling

Your totally missing the point, the point is that Jango is no average individual and is in fact deadly even to Jedi. And for that reason the fact that Jango easily killed Trebor is not argument to say Trebor is defenseless.

But I'm not going continue this apologia for Trebor's performance. He was a diplomat and a very skilled one, possessing qualities much valued in a Jedi and deserved of a place on the Jedi Council despite his lack of martial ability.

P.S. Trebor wielded Soresu, not Niman.

So you are telling me that a practicioner of a style specifically geared toward defense and blast deflection, failed to defend himself? Yes, Jango is no ordinary individual, but im willing to bet anyone else on the High Council would have been able to at least get away.

So you are telling me that a practicioner of a style specifically geared toward defense and blast deflection, failed to defend himself? Yes, Jango is no ordinary individual, but im willing to bet anyone else on the High Council would have been able to at least get away.
No, he chopped of Jango's head, you watched the special edition. :rolleyes:

Again, obviously combat is not his strong suit, we've established that. But he makes up for it through diplomatic ability, diplomatic ability that surpasses other members of the Jedi Council.

Guess what, I'm willing to bet that other members of the High Council would have failed to end peacefully the disputes Trebor did. Who is greater? The Jedi better at inflicting violence, or the Jedi better at bringing about peace?

Remember, wars not make one great.

Edited by Beniboybling

I'm just gonna bring up a point, not every Jedi is as good in combat situations as others. Not every Jedi is some master duelist, not every Jedi is extremely powerful in The Force. However some are good in other aspects while they aren't so great in others, Trebor focused on diplomacy and the like...so there isn't really a need for him to actually keep up with honing his combat skills because for the most part he solved things with peace.

Also moving back to the point, there are Jedi and Sith that aren't great that can be killed by a non-force sensitive which could come down to a number of things as to why.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No, he chopped of Jango's head, you watched the special edition. :rolleyes:

Again, obviously combat is not his strong suit, we've established that. But he makes up for it through diplomatic ability, diplomatic ability that surpasses other members of the Jedi Council.

Guess what, I'm willing to bet that other members of the High Council would have failed to end peacefully the disputes Trebor did. Who is greater? The Jedi better at inflicting violence, or the Jedi better at bringing about peace?

Remember, wars not make one great.

Um Mace Windu chopped Jango's head off. Also : The High Council was a group of twelve wise and powerful Jedi Masters who were elected to guide the Order as well as to serve as an advisory body for the Office of the Supreme Chancellor. Wisdom is not being argued here. The High Council members are some of the most skilled and powerful combatants in the Jedi order. Again as I said, Coleman Trebor would serve better as the head of the Jedi Diplomatic Corps, that doesnt make him good for the High Council.

Um Mace Windu chopped Jango's head off. Also : The High Council was a group of twelve wise and powerful Jedi Masters who were elected to guide the Order as well as to serve as an advisory body for the Office of the Supreme Chancellor. Wisdom is not being argued here. The High Council members are some of the most skilled and powerful combatants in the Jedi order. Again as I said, Coleman Trebor would serve better as the head of the Jedi Diplomatic Corps, that doesnt make him good for the High Council.
Its called a joke, well done for not getting it.

The "Jedi Diplomatic Corps" does not exist. Coleman Trebor's place is on the Jedi High Council, were he can lobby and advise the Chancellor in matters of peace and take control of delicate situations that require is expertise. As well as ensure that the Jedi Order does not drift too far from the role of peacekeeper, as they sadly did during the Clone Wars.

Its called a joke, well done for not getting it.

The "Jedi Diplomatic Corps" does not exist. Coleman Trebor's place is on the Jedi High Council, were he can lobby and advise the Chancellor in matters of peace and take control of delicate situations that require is expertise. As well as ensure that the Jedi Order does not drift too far from the role of peacekeeper, as they sadly did during the Clone Wars.

Indeed, my mistake, its the Council of Reconciliation.

More on topic, Yoda isn't the worst Jedi. Frankly, I don't think there is a 'worst Jedi.' Each Jedi has their own role in the Order, even those that have been deployed to the various Corps. A Jedi is much more than a warrior or a diplomat. The means of comparing them should be how well they adhere to the philosophies of the Jedi Order.

Just sayin', move on from Coleman Trebor.