Yoda: worst jedi ever?

Mongrul

Yoda is the worst jedi ever, in the context of doing so very little for the amount power he had.

This^

Season 6 of TCW really drives this point.

They have all the clues about Order 66...and it's his decision to not do anything about it.

He see's visions of everything that is about to happen...and he decides not to do anything about it.

He doesn't even tell any other Jedi about what he saw and what he went through.

Basically...he's saying "f*** it, I just went through a trial to make sure that I live on after death...what do I care if every other Jedi is going to die".

Edited by VitalityPrime

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face it guys the worst jedi ever is going to be one of the members of the Jedi Council who decided to ignore the Mandalorian Wars and "meditate" instead. I nominate the Vrook, the head honcho, or their resident zealot Atris.

Atris, if you even count her as a Jedi.

Sacrificed 100's of Jedi to Nihilus in an attempt to save herself, and draw out the sith so her incredible power could end them :rolleyes:

As for the Jedi who preached patients, they were right.

This^

Season 6 of TCW really drives this point.

They have all the clues about Order 66...and it's his decision to not do anything about it.

He see's visions of everything that is about to happen...and he decides not to do anything about it.

He doesn't even tell any other Jedi about what he saw and what he went through.

Basically...he's saying "f*** it, I just went through a trial to make sure that I live on after death...what do I care if every other Jedi is going to die".

Yoda was given a vision of certain events. I believe Yoda's lessons on Farsight can indicate why he did nothing.

Yoda was given a vision of certain events. I believe Yoda's lessons on Farsight can indicate why he did nothing.

I understand that "always in motion is the future"...but still...to not say or do anything at all is absurd.

He easily could have taken steps to prevent order 66 and the near eradication of all Jedi...but chose not to.

I understand that "always in motion is the future"...but still...to not say or do anything at all is absurd.

He easily could have taken steps to prevent order 66 and the near eradication of all Jedi...but chose not to.

Unlikely.

Because he was a pretty good negotiator, they put him on that Council because he had a large number of contacts, he was able to deal with several species, he averted several disputs throughout the galaxy without bloodshed and was pretty much the spokesbeing for the Jedi Order and was well respected.

Not every Jedi is a battle warrior and to be fair he was able to deflect a couple of shots from Jango. He just wasn't good enough to survive.

So? Being a good negotiator means he would be great as the head of the Jedi/Republic Diplomatic Core, that doesnt mean he is suited for the Jedi Council. Everyone on the Council is at least an above average beyond the normal Jedi, Coleman Trebor, died like a padwan. So again how this guy got on the Council eludes me, unless the Jedi were just that stupid to think they would Never Enter conflict again and they simply neglected combat skills and the force all together.

So? Being a good negotiator means he would be great as the head of the Jedi/Republic Diplomatic Core, that doesnt mean he is suited for the Jedi Council. Everyone on the Council is at least an above average beyond the normal Jedi, Coleman Trebor, died like a padwan. So again how this guy got on the Council eludes me, unless the Jedi were just that stupid to think they would Never Enter conflict again and they simply neglected combat skills and the force all together.

The High Council is comprised of members of every other Council, so I believe that's why he is there.

Atris, if you even count her as a Jedi.

Sacrificed 100's of Jedi to Nihilus in an attempt to save herself, and draw out the sith so her incredible power could end them :rolleyes:

As for the Jedi who preached patients, they were right.

That depends greatly on your point of view, in my opinion the Jedi are ev- I mean were wrong. Considering that there inaction caused the very threat they had tried to prevent, and their meditations produce zero answers on the Sith.

But yeah Atris.

That depends greatly on your point of view, in my opinion the Jedi are ev- I mean were wrong. Considering that there inaction caused the very threat they had tried to prevent, and their meditations produce zero answers on the Sith.

But yeah Atris.

If the Council had gone to war, the Republic would have Fell to Revan and Malak.

Granted, it might have led to a better stand against Vitiate, but that's inconsequential, the Jedi would have turned into Sith, Revan would fall either way.

But yeah Atris.

That is ironic and their actions are definitely asinine sometimes...but you can never classify them as evil.

If the Council had gone to war, the Republic would have Fell to Revan and Malak.

Granted, it might have led to a better stand against Vitiate, but that's inconsequential, the Jedi would have turned into Sith, Revan would fall either way.

If the Council had gone to war I don't believe Revan and Malak would have ever fell, and they would not have as much power, and with the Jedi unified they'd notice if Revan tried to disseminate dark side teachings among them. But by allowing them to effectively break away from the Order they not only gave Revan and Malak free reign but created a pseudo-Jedi faction more susceptible to dark side teachings.

Though in all honesty the Council should have intervened as soon as the Mandalorians started their attacks in the Outer Rim. It is the duty of the Jedi to protect others, not just the Republic, yet the stood by and watched anyway.

Regardless, the Jedi cannot see the future and the ends should not justify the means. The Mandalorians were causing suffering on a massive scale, the code of the Jedi demanded that they intervene. They made a mockery of themselves by refraining and a greater mockery when they conceded by allowing Revan to create the Revanites.

Lets face it, they were fools. Yoda would not have been impressed.

That is ironic and their actions are definitely asinine sometimes...but you can never classify them as evil.
Yeah it was a joke, I'd never actually call the Jedi evil. Evil is a fantasy term that doesn't exist and promotes ignorance and insensitivity. Case in point: Anakin Skywalker. Edited by Beniboybling

If the Council had gone to war I don't believe Revan and Malak would have ever fell, and they would not have as much power, and with the Jedi unified they'd notice if Revan tried to disseminate dark side teachings among them. But by allowing them to effectively break away from the Order they not only gave Revan and Malak free reign but created a pseudo-Jedi faction more susceptible to dark side teachings.

Though in all honesty the Council should have intervened as soon as the Mandalorians started their attacks in the Outer Rim. It is the duty of the Jedi to protect others, not just the Republic, yet the stood by and watched anyway.

Regardless, the Jedi cannot see the future and the ends should not justify the means. The Mandalorians were causing suffering on a massive scale, the code of the Jedi demanded that they intervene. They made a mockery of themselves by refraining and a greater mockery when they conceded by allowing Revan to create the Revanites.

Lets face it, they were fools. Yoda would not have been impressed.

They made the greater sacrifice.

You do not seem to comprehend the bigger picture.

Kavar returned from the War because he was able to feel his fall to the dark side, and feel the fall of those around him. He preached that if he could fall, anyone could, and that's why the Jedi held steadfast in their belief that the Revanchists were wrong.

If the council had gone to war, they would have Fell.

Now I know what you're thinking, the Jedi in the Clone wars didn't. But they fought droids, and even then many gave into their anger. Here you feel the rush of emotion literally all around you, feel the life fall from those you slaughter and you crave more.

If the council fell, the Republic would be decimated and the Galaxy conquered by a new age of Sith.

They made the greater sacrifice.

You do not seem to comprehend the bigger picture.

Kavar returned from the War because he was able to feel his fall to the dark side, and feel the fall of those around him. He preached that if he could fall, anyone could, and that's why the Jedi held steadfast in their belief that the Revanchists were wrong.

If the council had gone to war, they would have Fell.

Now I know what you're thinking, the Jedi in the Clone wars didn't. But they fought droids, and even then many gave into their anger. Here you feel the rush of emotion literally all around you, feel the life fall from those you slaughter and you crave more.

If the council fell, the Republic would be decimated and the Galaxy conquered by a new age of Sith.

No actually I was thinking of the Great Galactic War. I wasn't aware that the Jedi of this period were so incompetent as to be unable to keep a clear head in war time. What exactly is their purpose as warriors then and protectors of the Republic, if they can't even be trusted to go to war and protect the Republic from threats?

If the Council had had there way, the Republic would have been destroyed and the Jedi would have been forced to confront the Mandalorians against overwhelming odds and ultimately they would be slaughtered as well. Then the Sith would have turned up and the Mandalorians would have handed over the galaxy to them, just as planned.

That is the bigger picture. Apathy is death. Believe it.

Edited by Beniboybling

No you aren't, Golden Age of the Jedi Order is during Prequels, Grand Master Yoda was most powerful Jedi ever, till Grand Master Luke.

No, Anakin was, and yes, I know, people are gonna deny it, but it's clearly stated his Midichlorian count is loads more that yoda and he has a higher connection to the force.

No, Anakin was, and yes, I know, people are gonna deny it, but it's clearly stated his Midichlorian count is loads more that yoda and he has a higher connection to the force.

He never reached his potential thanks to Obi-Wan and Padmé, and he was certainly not as powerful as Yoda pre-Mustafar.

Chosen One's potential > Yoda > Vader > pre-Mustafar Anakin

No actually I was thinking of the Great Galactic War. I wasn't aware that the Jedi of this period were so incompetent as to be unable to keep a clear head in war time. What exactly is their purpose as warriors then and protectors of the Republic, if they can't even be trusted to go to war and protect the Republic from threats?

If the Council had had there way, the Republic would have been destroyed and the Jedi would have been forced to confront the Mandalorians against overwhelming odds and ultimately they would be slaughtered as well. Then the Sith would have turned up and the Mandalorians would have handed over the galaxy to them, just as planned.

That is the bigger picture. Apathy is death. Believe it.

But this is inconsequential.

We are talking of choices, the Council was not aware of the Sith beyond the Rim. What they knew was that if they went to war, they'd fall. And so would the Republic.

Anyone in universe would make that choice, at least, any Jedi would.

It's the right choice.

It's worth bearing in mind that during the days of the Old Republic, there was much fighting within the Sith ranks and there were rival factions resulting in power plays becoming a common occurrence. On the other hand, post-Bane, every Sith worked toward aiding the next in the hope that they'd one day topple the Jedi, as they did and this makes them infinitely more dangerous. Edited by TzhaarFury

Don't talk bad about any one from the movies. It makes them angry. Yes Yoda did fail but the fanboys will get angry at you. In SW you don't think for your self. You just say Vader and Yoda are awesome.

Ouch, hitting me where it hurts- my fanboyism!

On the other hand, post-Bane, every Sith worked toward aiding the next in the hope that they'd one day topple the Jedi, as they did and this makes them infinitely more dangerous.

/facepalm

Edited by Kaedusz

The High Council is comprised of members of every other Council, so I believe that's why he is there.

Um no it's not, the Jedi High Council members are elected, others such as the Council of First Knowledge are chosen by the Grand Master of the Order. Kit Fisto and Ki-Adi Mundi were not part of any other council, nor was Obi-Wan so your claim is invalid.

Um no it's not, the Jedi High Council members are elected, others such as the Council of First Knowledge are chosen by the Grand Master of the Order. Kit Fisto and Ki-Adi Mundi were not part of any other council, nor was Obi-Wan so your claim is invalid.

Ah, yes, you're right.