Resolve

solitary

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When is Bioware going to fix this fail *** system? Numerous, too many times to even recall has it failed on every single occasion it was most needed in.

Please explain how you feel it "failed in every single occasion it was most needed".

I'm eagerly awaiting your fallacious reply. ;)

The resolve works about when a match starts then it goes to hell.

I been stunned, snared, rooted, choked, glared, ect and still lived to tell about it, but 10 seconds later when I think ok the worst is over bam stunned for a good 7 seconds while holding the ball over a firepit = dead

There are too many snares / knockbacks / stuns / etc that don't actually cause resolve to properly activate.

There are some skills that will cause it to activate so fast that the target bcomes immune when they should not.

From my experience, this mostly works in the Imp's favor, like many aspsects of SWTOR.

The resolve works about when a match starts then it goes to hell.

I been stunned, snared, rooted, choked, glared, ect and still lived to tell about it, but 10 seconds later when I think ok the worst is over bam stunned for a good 7 seconds while holding the ball over a firepit = dead

Snares aren't part of the resolve mechanic. Full resolve takes 10 seconds to decay. I would say your comments are consistent with a working system.

I'm not commenting as to whether or not it's a good system, I'm simply saying that your example here demonstrates that it's working as intended at this time.

When is Bioware going to fix this fail *** system? Numerous, too many times to even recall has it failed on every single occasion it was most needed in.

resolve works! i know it does because BW says it does! everyone knows they tell the truth. i am a melee and i never get cc'd to death. especially around the ball spawn area in huttball. :rolleyes:

/sarcasm

The one thing I notice is there are two different types of graphic for the resolve bar. One is a dotted line which never moves above 75% the other is a solid white line which fills completely. What does this mean? I will use my break when the line(s) are max out only to be stunned again. I have also noticed that force leap stuns,(not sure what there called on Rep side) do not add to my resolve bar is this working as intended?

So is resolve broken or do I just not understand how it works?

Here's something that should be obvious... Save your CC breaker until your resolve is WHITE, also make sure under "Nameplates" options you have it checked to always show resolve bars. If you're carrying the ball, use your cc breaker when you need to pass or when your resolve bar hits WHITE. Don't use it on the first stun when you engage and enemy.

Save CC breaker for when resolve = white and bam, should fix all your "too much cc" problems. Also, snares and roots are not affected by resolve, snares shouldn't be but roots should be but that's for another thread.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Some-PVP-stats-info-you-might-find-useful

Scroll down to the resolve section and read this.

All the people that are complaining about resolve aren't really describing the mechanism as frustrating. Most people say things like "oh yeah, resolve works alright! NOT! I was killed in 10 seconds!"

Well, what does that have to do with resolve?

Resolve works. It's not because BW said it or anything else. It's because tons of us understand the mechanic and haven't experienced any buggy issues with it. Read that section I've linked above, then come back and post some numbers as to why it isn't working exactly the way described here.

So far, no one has done that.

Snares aren't part of the resolve mechanic. Full resolve takes 10 seconds to decay. I would say your comments are consistent with a working system.

I'm not commenting as to whether or not it's a good system, I'm simply saying that your example here demonstrates that it's working as intended at this time.

But it starts to decay the moment it's filled, even if you still have to sit through a full duration CC. That's the biggest flaw to the system. The other flaw is roots should not ignore resolve. While I don't think a root should add to the resolve bar, it shouldn't ignore a bar that's already full.

Also, to the people who say 'just save your CC breaker until the bar is white'. The white bar lasts 10 seconds. The CC breaker has a 2 minute cooldown (some classes can get it to 90 seconds but the point still stands). There seems to be this unreasonable assumption that the CC breaker would always be available if only the bad didn't waste it, which is ridiculous.

Edited by Neamhan

But it starts to decay the moment it's filled, even if you still have to sit through a full duration CC. That's the biggest flaw to the system. The other flaw is roots should not ignore resolve. While I don't think a root should add to the resolve bar, it shouldn't ignore a bar that's already full.

No it's not. If it automatically broke you out of stun, you'd never be able to be stunned back to back.

You SHOULD be able to be stunned twice in a row, but not 3 times in a row.

And melee uptime is already balanced with root off resolve.

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

No it's not. If it automatically broke you out of stun, you'd never be able to be stunned back to back.

You SHOULD be able to be stunned twice in a row, but not 3 times in a row.

I didn't say it should break you from the stun. It should start to tick down after the stun wears off.

And melee uptime is already balanced with root off resolve.

Tell that to an operative.

Edited by Neamhan

Here's something that should be obvious... Save your CC breaker until your resolve is WHITE, also make sure under "Nameplates" options you have it checked to always show resolve bars. If you're carrying the ball, use your cc breaker when you need to pass or when your resolve bar hits WHITE. Don't use it on the first stun when you engage and enemy.

Save CC breaker for when resolve = white and bam, should fix all your "too much cc" problems. Also, snares and roots are not affected by resolve, snares shouldn't be but roots should be but that's for another thread.

i totally agree with you on the root :cool:

1. Roots is not effected by resolve. This is their worst design decision by far.

2. Resolve decays too quickly when it's not full. Often after a knockback on Huttball resolve is empty by the time you run back up.

3. Resolve also decays WHILE you are under the effects of the CC that gave you full resolve. Resolve timer should not start until that CC wears off.

4. Some stuns give suspiciously little amounts of resolve. Jugg leap stun, for example, doesn't even give 50% resolve, allowing you to be stunning up to 3 times. Not acceptable.

1. Roots is not effected by resolve. This is their worst design decision by far.

You cannot move, but you can still act.

2. Resolve decays too quickly when it's not full. Often after a knockback on Huttball resolve is empty by the time you run back up.

Below 1k resolve (the immunity threshold), resolve decays at 25 pts per second. 1 second of stun is 200 resolve. A 1 second stun would take 8 seconds to wear off. 7 of those seconds are after the stun is already gone. A knockback generates 400 resolve which takes 16 seconds to wear off.

3. Resolve also decays WHILE you are under the effects of the CC that gave you full resolve. Resolve timer should not start until that CC wears off.

Maybe, although Im' not sure this would have a significant impact. You can generate more than 1k resolve, and this adds to the length of the immunity you experience. Also, CCs that will generate resolve above the 1k threshold generate 150% resolve.

4. Some stuns give suspiciously little amounts of resolve. Jugg leap stun, for example, doesn't even give 50% resolve, allowing you to be stunning up to 3 times. Not acceptable.

The leap is a root, which is not on the resolve mechanic. With a talent, you can get a stun effect which generates 400 resolve. One 3 second stun will then push you to the immunity threshold.

Edited by MPagano

Also, to the people who say 'just save your CC breaker until the bar is white'. The white bar lasts 10 seconds. The CC breaker has a 2 minute cooldown (some classes can get it to 90 seconds but the point still stands). There seems to be this unreasonable assumption that the CC breaker would always be available if only the bad didn't waste it, which is ridiculous.

At a minimum, it takes 10 seconds to decay. Longer if you receive a stun that pushes you over the 1000 mark. The longer you're stunned into the immunity timer, the longer the timer has to count down. Seems to acknowledge and incorporate this fact into the mechanic already, doesn't it?

I don't think people are assuming the breaker is always available. Rather, I think you are assuming that you should always be able to take advantage of a full CC immunity. Once every 2 minutes you can basically fill resolve and enjoy 10 seconds of immunity. Other than that, you'll enjoy less immunity.

Edited by MPagano

Without a combat log w/time stamps... it is hard to say if resolve is actually working correctly... 100% of the time. It sure does feel like I get knockback / knockdown / stun / blind more often then I should.

Below 1k resolve (the immunity threshold), resolve decays at 25 pts per second. 1 second of stun is 200 resolve. A 1 second stun would take 8 seconds to wear off. 7 of those seconds are after the stun is already gone. A knockback generates 400 resolve which takes 16 seconds to wear off.

Maybe, although Im' not sure this would have a significant impact. You can generate more than 1k resolve, and this adds to the length of the immunity you experience. Also, CCs that will generate resolve above the 1k threshold generate 150% resolve.

The leap is a root, which is not on the resolve mechanic. With a talent, you can get a stun effect which generates 400 resolve. One 3 second stun will then push you to the immunity threshold.

As a melee, who is rooted, you claim we can still "act." HTF are you supposed to "act"? Other than put your head between your legs and kiss your....

Roots OWN melee. And people have figured out that it's best to just root them continually, not building up resolve, and then save stun for last, and finish off the helpless melee while you shoot them in the face.

For extra fun and taunting, "Root-n-Shoot" them in the face from close, but just outside of 4m, range.

Roots not building resolve....epic idea. Try again. Lets hope that 1.2 fixes that debacle.

As a melee, who is rooted, you claim we can still "act." HTF are you supposed to "act"? Other than put your head between your legs and kiss your....

Roots OWN melee. And people have figured out that it's best to just root them continually, not building up resolve, and then save stun for last, and finish off the helpless melee while you shoot them in the face.

For extra fun and taunting, "Root-n-Shoot" them in the face from close, but just outside of 4m, range.

Roots not building resolve....epic idea. Try again. Lets hope that 1.2 fixes that debacle.

All I'm saying is that you can still act. With snares, you can't move as much. But honestly, if a melee is snared and the enemy isn't, you may as well be rooted. You can't stay in melee range to attack.

What you're describing is an issue in 1v1. That's the only time a melee being rooted could be an issue. I'm a tank. I know all about being rooted. When I'm rooted by a target, I'll try to grab a target near me, my allies will go for the enemy that just rooted me, etc.

Again, I'm not saying whether or nto I think it should be affected by resolve. I'm just pointing out that it isn't as debilitating as you suggest outside of 1v1. And there's no reason to consider 1v1.

All I'm saying is that you can still act. With snares, you can't move as much. But honestly, if a melee is snared and the enemy isn't, you may as well be rooted. You can't stay in melee range to attack.

What you're describing is an issue in 1v1. That's the only time a melee being rooted could be an issue. I'm a tank. I know all about being rooted. When I'm rooted by a target, I'll try to grab a target near me, my allies will go for the enemy that just rooted me, etc.

Again, I'm not saying whether or nto I think it should be affected by resolve. I'm just pointing out that it isn't as debilitating as you suggest outside of 1v1. And there's no reason to consider 1v1.

No you're right, IT's EVEN WORSE if it's not a 1v1. How exactly is a melee supposed to "act" while rooted?

And no, don't try to make this out to be a 1v1 issue. It can happen anywhere at any time. A ranged char who is rooted, is barely even affected unless they are trying to achieve a certain objective, like ball carrying. A rooted ranged char, just continues to shoot back the whole time and can "act." Apparently, you know very little about the difference between a melee and a ranged char being rooted.

So no, melee can't "act", all they can do is RESPAWN.

No, but you can still use the environment to line of sight the ranged to either draw them in or stop taking damage until the snare wears off. A melee has very few (if any) options when rooted.

Unless you're melee, then you can just stand there. Roots is CC to melee. Resolve is supposed to grant CC immunity. It does not.

If you get CC'd with a 6 or 8 second mez to start full resolve, a significant portion of it is gone by the time you can act. Unacceptable.

So you can get stunned 3 times before maxing resolve. That's what I said. Unacceptable.

It's obvious you don't play melee. You can use gap closers while snared, like leap. You cannot use them while rooted. Snipers have a similar problem with activating cover.

Edited by EternalFinality

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.