The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Founder Compensation

TSP_Ghost

I don't want to come off as unsatisfied or greedy, but can we accept the fact that pre-1.2 (and most likely 1.2) SWTOR is an unfinished game. That being said, I think most of the community has been quite patient with BioWare when it comes to weekly updates and server downtime, but there will be people that agree with me on this.

I am 4 months strong into SWTOR. I have a lvl 50 and a few lower level alts, but with the current version of the game, there isn't anything really keeping me interested. It seems like End Game right now is a whole bunch of grinding, be it for creds or gear. Sure you can start an alt, but as of right now it seems pretty pointless because of the huge lack of end game.

My point is, I'm paying $15 a month for this game, as well are all of you. I don't mind it either. In the game's current state, there is barely an end game, thus barely anything to work towards (except millions of creds, i guess). But in a few months, people are going to buy this game for less than us Founders did, and they are going to get more bang for their buck because they didn't have to wait months for 1.2 just to get a better game with more features. (i.e. Legacy Levels came with the game at launch, but we still are waiting for Legacy's actual implementation.)

Also, future players won't run into the frustrations we have had with bugs and patches. I can almost safely say that way more than half of you have sent in a bug ticket. And even more players quietly sit behind their buggy game.

BioWare, you have to look on us Founders and agree that we were the bulk that gave life to this game. We are also helping develop it. A " , Founder " title really isn't worth 4 months of what feels like Beta Testing. Especially since we're sitting and wait for Ilum to be redone too. For level 50 characters, you're stripping the End Game planet bare until further notice.

What would satisfy me? Founder content maybe? A Founder vendor with maybe a few exclusive pets, crystals, modifiable gear, who knows. We have special vendors for pre-orders and security keys, why not one last special vendor for the Founders who have been more than patient with BioWare while they try to make a industry changing MMO?

Any Thoughts?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You had to know this was an MMO at launch... Notorious for bugs and content issues. Why reward people for playing a game and getting ahead of the curve? That IS the reward.

While I agree with you Galius, I wouldn't mind a Founder vendor either.

:)

Edited by Azzras

Also, This product was sold as is, they didn't promise tons of end-game nor that the software was totally bug free. There are plenty of games out there that are buggy and without desired content and people quit playing and move on, don't fault bioware for providing constant updates to fix problems and demand compensation. Read the EULA next time. They gave us a title, which I am perfectly satisfied with, they have a vendor for those that were here since the beginning, Pre-Order Crystal Vendor and CE Vendor. Edited by rangccom

if they are willing to give it to me im going to take it.

the bottom line to me is if there is any hiccup whatsoever in my payments bioware is going to cancel my service without a second thought. they wont contact me to find out what the problem is, or if things are ok in my life.... they will just cut me off and be like "PAY US MONEY!!"

so honestly i cant bring myself to say anything against people asking bioware for free stuff.

the bottom line to me is if there is any hiccup whatsoever in my payments bioware is going to cancel my service without a second thought. they wont contact me to find out what the problem is, or if things are ok in my life.... they will just cut me off and be like "PAY US MONEY!!"

so honestly i cant bring myself to say anything against people asking bioware for free stuff.

This post totally confused me, we arent speaking of a lawyer, doctor or other service provider. We are speaking of a software company. Speaking quite frankly, why should they care why you can't pay? If you can't pay for your product, then they should cut you off.

Nope as a founder I don't see the need for a founder only vendor.

You entered this game at the start, knowing there was going to be some frustrations due to bugs and what not. None of us are owed anything for that.

I agree.

This post totally confused me, we arent speaking of a lawyer, doctor or other service provider. We are speaking of a software company. Speaking quite frankly, why should they care why you can't pay? If you can't pay for your product, then they should cut you off.

and if thats the hard line in the sand, thats fine.

i however dont see how you can expect a customer to defend said company or feel any sympathy when they are asked for free stuff or their game is insulted and so on.

just look at this thread.

all of these people saying "bioware doesnt owe you this and that" and defending them.

do you really think bioware will be there for you? ever? for 1 cent even ?

thats my point.

So you can't pay and they should what? Let you play anyways? Hard to tell if this is a troll being Sarcastic or just being a troll.

On the side that you are not sarcastic, it is your responsibility to ensure that payment can go through. What a car payment does not make it through in the same fashion and you expect your car not to be repo'd? lol ya right.

It is in the TOS/EULA, you need to pay to play.

Now you want to be rewarded for buying the game you begged and pleaded to come out for so long.

( rolls eyes )

I would like to be rewarded for watching the movie I paid for to watch last night… where is my reward?

So you can't pay and they should what? Let you play anyways? Hard to tell if this is a troll being Sarcastic or just being a troll.

On the side that you are not sarcastic, it is your responsibility to ensure that payment can go through. What a car payment does not make it through in the same fashion and you expect your car not to be repo'd? lol ya right.

It is in the TOS/EULA, you need to pay to play.

read my last post, maybe it will make things more clear for you.

and if thats the hard line in the sand, thats fine.

i however dont see how you can expect a customer to defend said company or feel any sympathy when they are asked for free stuff or their game is insulted and so on.

just look at this thread.

all of these people saying "bioware doesnt owe you this and that" and defending them.

do you really think bioware will be there for you? ever? for 1 cent even ?

thats my point.

I don't understand the first paragraph, as for the rest. The point the "defenders of bioware" are making, is that they have no obligation, nor reason to give us anything at all. I am not defending the company by any means. I am defending the rational thinking of capitalistic business. To any software company, you are simply a credit card number. I do not expect, nor fault bioware for not doing this.

They are not my friend, neighbor, classmate, coworker, or professor. They are a vendor I purchased something from. That is all.

I don't understand the first paragraph, as for the rest. The point the "defenders of bioware" are making, is that they have no obligation, nor reason to give us anything at all. I am not defending the company by any means. I am defending the rational thinking of capitalistic business. To any software company, you are simply a credit card number. I do not expect, nor fault bioware for not doing this.

They are not my friend, neighbor, classmate, coworker, or professor. They are a vendor I purchased something from. That is all.

the people are actually turning down free stuff from a company who would eat their babies to get ahead.

im trying to show these people how naive they are being, and instead im being attacked for it.

brilliant, lol.

You had to know this was an MMO at launch... Notorious for bugs and content issues. Why reward people for playing a game and getting ahead of the curve? That IS the reward.

No.

We THOUGHT it was an MMO.

What it IS is a beta.

That we're paying for.

Interesting, didn't realize that SWTOR is an automobile.

what i quoted was talking about returning a vehicle.

reading is not your strong suit im guessing, though it is interesting to see someone on the forums with that issue...

what i quoted was talking about returning a vehicle.

reading is not your strong suit im guessing, though it is interesting to see someone on the forums with that issue...

Well, automobile is also vehicle. Is swtor a vehicle? If not, why are you posting it here?