The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Satele Shan powerful?

Reeny

Once upon a time, aboard the Ebon Hawk, Revan and Bastila knocked boots, and ended up having a kid. Even though it took 3 years for Revan to find out. Go figure. Anyhow, the kid goes on to grow up, and knock some other girl up, and so on and so forth for nearly 300 years until Satele comes along. NOW, if all the kids in the Revan/Bastila line were Force Sensitive, and Satele inherited quite a bit of it, then HELL YEAH she's one powerful and smokin' hot Jedi babe. :D

Oh, and dropping a mountain on Malgus was huge. That he survived it just proves he's a bad mutha****a too.

Leave, Leave and never come back. Malgus was going to die and rot there, but his b*** twi'lek girlfriend, who he later killed......

Cause thats how sith role...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave, Leave and never come back. Malgus was going to die and rot there, but his b*** twi'lek girlfriend, who he later killed......

Good point she did save him , he was gonna die under there !

Not really, the disaster was him losing Padme. The relationship and what have you was fine, up until he started getting visions.

Well, what really got all that started? He was having that relationship in the shadows, knowing full well that it was against the rules of the Order. For me, that act that lasted years is the first domino to fall.

Alot of the things that he tried to do, or seek advice about in regards to Padme, had to be done in secrecy; outside the graces of the Jedi Order, because he can never ask advice about any of it with anyone from the Order, even Obi-Wan.

So, with the entire Jedi Order not available for help with the dilemna he found himself in (or put himself in), who could he turn to? Nobody. Nobody, except for that old friend and former Senator of Naboo, Palpatine. Not to mention the Council never really liked him even before he became a Padawan.

If the Order didn't have such stupid, restrictive, inflexible, unrealistic rules, then Anakin would have help and support from alot more people other than Palpatine. A good fun part is Bindo Jolee from KOTOR hinting at the inflexiblity and unrealistic views of the Order as far back as KOTOR's timeframe.

Edited by LemmingLeader

Well, what really got all that started? He was having that relationship in the shadows, knowing full well that it was against the rules of the Order. For me, that act that lasted years is the first domino to fall.

Alot of the things that he tried to do, or seek advice about in regards to Padme, had to be done in secrecy; outside the graces of the Jedi Order, because he can never ask advice about any of it with anyone from the Order, even Obi-Wan.

So, with the entire Jedi Order not available for help with the dilemna he found himself in (or put himself in), he could he turn to? Nobody. Nobody, except for that old friend and former Senator of Naboo, Palpatine.

If the Order didn't have such stupid, restrictive, inflexible, unrealistic rules, then Anakin would have help and support from alot more people other than Palpatine. A good fun part is Bindo Jolee from KOTOR hinting at the inflexiblity and unrealistic views of the Order as far back as KOTOR's timeframe.

Perhaps true....but who's to say even if the jedi knew, that they would be able to help in any way shape or form? I mean the visions Anakin had, were already vague enough at least until the end of the movie we figure out how. Pretty much, Anakin did go to Yoda and tell him something but without actually telling him and Yoda said that he should "let go, do not miss them, do not mourn for them. Death is a natural part of life."

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Waitwhat? You mean his "Vette" dragged him out of there and he killed her for it? Man, that's just messed up. Something must have happened for him to go all progressive and kinda almost nearly light side in the newest story content, though..... lol

Did she make the rule ? I think not , so where in her story did she put down any Jedi that had a child ? I think you are being extreme :rolleyes:

Nah, she didn't make the rule. But she IS Grandmaster, so she could probably repeal it. :D Not being extreme at all. Extreme would be saying "EVERY JEDI MUST DIE!!!!" You know, like most of the Dark Council. Those guys are extreme. Well, most of them. One of them is actually a pretty cool dude. :rolleyes:

Then gave the kid away.

Yeah. Some mom she turned out to be. lol Wonder if his dad knows about him?

I believe his dad is COL Jace Malcolm on Alderaan, who starred in "Return" and "Hope" and shows up at the awards ceremony at the end of the Knight storyline.

Yeah. Some mom she turned out to be. lol Wonder if his dad knows about him?

I believe his dad is COL Jace Malcolm on Alderaan, who starred in "Return" and "Hope" and shows up at the awards ceremony at the end of the Knight storyline.

She gave him away because of her obligations as a Jedi.

No canon states that, it could have been anyone.

As a matter of fact, she could very well turn out to be another Shmi.

She gave him away because of her obligations as a Jedi.

No canon states that, it could have been anyone.

As a matter of fact, she could very well turn out to be another Shmi.

Oh lord... Immaculate conception.... Worst. Star Wars. Plot. Device. Ever. Basically saying that Anakin is another Jesus. I'm not religious, but I've always had a problem with that story of Shmi's. Personally, I think she said that so they wouldn't think she was a ****. Also, I said I BELIEVE the kid's dad was that guy, not that it was CANON FACT. I just went off deductive reasoning as to who the daddy could be.

Everyone seems to focus on whether she's stronger than Darth Malgus.

IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Darth Malgus is a level 50 Flashpoint boss who is virtually impossible to beat without a full 4 person party (sometimes he can be done with 3+companion).

He's stronger than the Emperor's Wrath (Lord Scourge, or PC) and multiple members of the Dark Council. He's stronger than the Voice of the Emperor or members of the Jedi High Council.

So what if Master Satele didn't beat him 1v1?

She did better than any PC could have, she's probably stronger than any other Jedi.

So YES, she is very very powerful.

P.S: Their last fight was on Alderaan over 10 years ago as of SWTOR, who knows how much more powerful she has grown since then?

Ok, you guys are talking about trailers, movies (Hope, Return) and books about Sateille....what are they? Cuz I must see/read them!

On the website. Trailers are "Return" and "Hope". Look for them in the trailers part of the media box. I have both downloaded so I can watch them on WMP. :D

Then, having a kid herself, needs to repeal the whole "celibacy" thing, otherwise she really comes across as a hypocrite. :p

To quote George Lucas, "Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships."

To quote George Lucas, "Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships."

Then why does getting some "action" in the game constitute dark side points? Even just flirting with Rana on Tython gets dark side points. Also, the original Jedi Code doesn't say anything about attachments. The rewrite basically forbids everything, according to how the Jedi Council interprets it. Seriously, one Jedi falls after a bad relationship, and the rest of the Order has to pay the price for millenia? That's just messed up. lol

Then why does getting some "action" in the game constitute dark side points? Even just flirting with Rana on Tython gets dark side points. Also, the original Jedi Code doesn't say anything about attachments. The rewrite basically forbids everything, according to how the Jedi Council interprets it. Seriously, one Jedi falls after a bad relationship, and the rest of the Order has to pay the price for millenia? That's just messed up. lol

You might as well say that since the rewrite says no emotion that all the jedi, including the ones in the movies all failed.

shes weak bro, Beaten by Darth Malgus TWICE.

Once saved from death by her master who Malgus slaughtered

Second saved from a trooper while on her knees with her saber cut in half by Malgus

She was a padawan at the first time and felt them coming. Second time she was holding the lightsaber back with palm infused with the force. Without the saber she managed to cripple malgus.

She found Tython and since then is the only one of the few survivors of the 100 year war.

You might as well say that since the rewrite says no emotion that all the jedi, including the ones in the movies all failed.

Pretty much. Or they succeeded in spite of the code and Jedi Council's doctrine. Luke's Jedi Order doesn't have any such rules, does it? They just deal with fallen Jedi on a case to case basis. They don't go and ban everything. lol

Pretty much. Or they succeeded in spite of the code and Jedi Council's doctrine. Luke's Jedi Order doesn't have any such rules, does it? They just deal with fallen Jedi on a case to case basis. They don't go and ban everything. lol

Well I was mainly just talking about the PT jedi order, I mean even Yoda who was the grandmaster showed emotion.