Is Satele Shan powerful?

Reeny

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once upon a time, aboard the Ebon Hawk, Revan and Bastila knocked boots, and ended up having a kid. Even though it took 3 years for Revan to find out. Go figure. Anyhow, the kid goes on to grow up, and knock some other girl up, and so on and so forth for nearly 300 years until Satele comes along. NOW, if all the kids in the Revan/Bastila line were Force Sensitive, and Satele inherited quite a bit of it, then HELL YEAH she's one powerful and smokin' hot Jedi babe. :D

Oh, and dropping a mountain on Malgus was huge. That he survived it just proves he's a bad mutha****a too.

shes weak bro, Beaten by Darth Malgus TWICE.

Once saved from death by her master who Malgus slaughtered

Second saved from a trooper while on her knees with her saber cut in half by Malgus

QUICK TO POWER THE DARKSIDE IS, BUT STRONGER IT IS NOT. ~ :csw_yoda:

i.e. "BRO" Malgus is stronger than her in "Return", in "Hope" we see her vastly more powerfull enough to make Malgus' jaw drop in astonishment and then throw him through a mountain. In time she will easily eclipse him.

The dark side peaks early, even in battle, over time the light always overcomes the dark.

QUICK TO POWER THE DARKSIDE IS, BUT STRONGER IT IS NOT. ~ :csw_yoda:

i.e. "BRO" Malgus is stronger than her in "Return", in "Hope" we see her vastly more powerfull enough to make Malgus' jaw drop in astonishment and then throw him through a mountain. In time she will easily eclipse him.

The dark side peaks early, even in battle, over time the light always overcomes the dark.

Why was she even able to drop the mountain on him? Oh that's right, her buddy had to detonate a grenade in Malgus's face who had her on the ropes before that.

People were saying how Satele's son, Theron, is not force-sensitive, well that's just how their bloodline seems to work. Read Revan novel. Bastila's son is a non-force user, yet Bastila's grandchild was strong in the force. It seems to skip a generation in that family. So it would be safe to assume that, if Theron ever had or has any offspring, the probability of them being force sensitive is very high.

Why was she even able to drop the mountain on him? Oh that's right, her buddy had to detonate a grenade in Malgus's face who had her on the ropes before that.

on the ropes? she was about to shatter his saber... WITH HER BARE HANDS, watch the video again and pay attention to malgus' saber, her energy absorption was so refined and powerful that she was not on the ropes she was literally about to destroy his weapon.

I have to say though she did have a son with no force connection .

Do not get me wrong , his story so far is good . But coming from a longline of Jedi and having 3 known powerful Jedi in your family would make you think he would be too.

Satele Shan's master gave her son his Lightsaber as he was dieing and said it was his inheritance, maybe he was the father ? I am a little behind in this story

From what I have seen and read so far that it is rare for a Jedi or Sith to give their LightSabers to someone even in their own family that cannot use it . Just food for thought !

In the Revan novel is explains that with the Bastila/Revan line, every second child is born with force sensitivity. Bastia's son was not force sensitive but her grand children were, it must of continued all the way down to Satele.

on the ropes? she was about to shatter his saber... WITH HER BARE HANDS, watch the video again and pay attention to malgus' saber, her energy absorption was so refined and powerful that she was not on the ropes she was literally about to destroy his weapon.

While true, a lightsaber is just a tool I mean even if his saber did break Malgus still had the force which is a jedi/sith's true weapon.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Only thing I don't like, was that they gave her shatterpoint. I thought it was suppose to be a rare force power, but guess not.

What source do you have that says it's supposed to be all that rare? And how rare is supposed to be? 1 in a million, 1 in a billion, 1 in a hundred?

What source do you have that says it's supposed to be all that rare? And how rare is supposed to be? 1 in a million, 1 in a billion, 1 in a hundred?

Ok really enough people with quoting me on this, but seems like it to me because its both complex and done by an unknown innate talent or immense focus. Also notice how I said "I thought" meaning I never said it was by canon, a rare force power. Though I got it from Luke's bio it said.

"Luke revealed to Jaina Solo that he was capable of perceiving Shatterpoints, a very rare Force ability, and taught this ability to Jaina."

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

While true, a lightsaber is just a tool I mean even if his saber did break Malgus still had the force which is a jedi/sith's true weapon.

no lightsaber for malgus is like losing an arm, malgus is combat oriented and never trained extensively in the force, although powerful in it.

Satele on the other hand had a very strong connection to the force, and in a battle of who has stronger force powers satele would have decimated malgus.

no lightsaber for malgus is like losing an arm, malgus is combat oriented and never trained extensively in the force, although powerful in it.

Satele on the other hand had a very strong connection to the force, and in a battle of who has stronger force powers satele would have decimated malgus.

Never trained in the force?...

"Darth Malgus utilized a variety of Force powers during the Sacking of Coruscant to defeat many Jedi and Republic soldiers who stood in his path, including Saber Throw, Force push, Force choke, Force jump, and Force lightning. Malgus used his emotions — such as anger and distaste of others — to fuel his power of the dark side. Malgus demonstrated the skill and power to handle multiple opponents simultaneously without much effort."

"Being strong in the Force, Malgus was proficient in the applications of telekinesis. Malgus could counter push his opponents in the mid-air while they would jump towards him to knock then out in the process. During the duel with Aryn, Malgus demonstrated the ability to hurl objects as missiles towards his opponent. Malgus could also perform Force Grip and Force Crush."

Ya and many other things he has done using the force, i'd say he was well trained in using it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Malgus

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Never trained in the force?...

"Darth Malgus utilized a variety of Force powers during the Sacking of Coruscant to defeat many Jedi and Republic soldiers who stood in his path, including Saber Throw, Force push, Force choke, Force jump, and Force lightning. Malgus used his emotions — such as anger and distaste of others — to fuel his power of the dark side. Malgus demonstrated the skill and power to handle multiple opponents simultaneously without much effort."

"Being strong in the Force, Malgus was proficient in the applications of telekinesis. Malgus could counter push his opponents in the mid-air while they would jump towards him to knock then out in the process. During the duel with Aryn, Malgus demonstrated the ability to hurl objects as missiles towards his opponent. Malgus could also perform Force Grip and Force Crush."

Ya and many other things he has done using the force, i'd say he was well trained in using it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Malgus

you fail at reading comprehension

"extensively" is a word that means beyond normal or 'proficient' standards.

also there is the whole section where I said he was strong with the force...

anyways lightsaber combat was where he dumped his time into mastery, not the force.

Edited by Romanticyde

shes weak bro, Beaten by Darth Malgus TWICE.

Once saved from death by her master who Malgus slaughtered

Second saved from a trooper while on her knees with her saber cut in half by Malgus

That's like saying Palpatine was weak because Luke can beat him in the books that take place after the movies.

She is strong. Malgus is stronger.

You can't break a lightsaber blade. It's not solid matter. At best she could disrupt the field holding in the photons, but then the energy would just explode in her face. She was on the ropes.

You can't break a lightsaber blade. It's not solid matter. At best she could disrupt the field holding in the photons, but then the energy would just explode in her face. She was on the ropes.

ugh.. why do people honestly still not get this... her power to absorb and deflect energy using the force was so strong that she was at the point of rendering malgus' saber useless, the holding field was cracking and the saber's engery itself was being absorbed by satele. watch the video, malgus himself was surprised and worried by the power, but was ironically saved by the trooper trying to save satele.

you fail at reading comprehension

"extensively" is a word that means beyond normal or 'proficient' standards.

also there is the whole section where I said he was strong with the force...

anyways lightsaber combat was where he dumped his time into mastery, not the force.

No I got what you said, its just what you said about Malgus not being able to combat Satele in the force if he lost his saber isn't right he could.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Finding this pro-Malgus argument funny, he was far more trained than Satele in all occasions, he had years on her, and by the time she had just turned to Knight rank, he was a Darth:

Padawan>Knight>Master.

Apprentice>Lord>Darth.

See the difference there?

Fatal Alliance Satele blows Deceived Malgus out of the water.

We haven't had a chance to see Satele in action since she became grand master.

Judging by the progress she's made through the trailers and the Threat Of Peace comic, she's probably somewhere on par with what Yoda was in the prequel films.

We haven't had a chance to see Satele in action since she became grand master.

Judging by the progress she's made through the trailers and the Threat Of Peace comic, she's probably somewhere on par with what Yoda was in the prequel films.

I donno man, living 800 years gives you a lot of time to study the force..

ugh.. why do people honestly still not get this...

Because there is nothing to get. The truth is you are pulling this theory out of your behind. It's nothing but baseless conjecture based on how you would like things to have played out vs what is actually depicted in the video.

her power to absorb and deflect energy using the force was so strong that she was at the point of rendering malgus' saber useless,

How did you come to the conclusion that Malgus's saber was being rendered useless? Site your source. Conjecture on your part does not count as a source:)

the holding field was cracking and the saber's engery itself was being absorbed by satele. watch the video, malgus himself was surprised and worried by the power, but was ironically saved by the trooper trying to save satele.

The ability to absorb energy is not an "I win" button. Ask Yoda.

That trooper saved Satele. That is what the video depicted. End of story. To make blind conjecture about "what would have happened if..." is just that - conjecture.

I'm sure you think Satele had Malgus just where she wanted him in the Return trailer too. Lucky for Malgus her master saved him by deflecting his saber in an ironic attempt to save Satele.

What next? Was Luke absorbing Palpatine's force lighting in Return of the Jedi too? Clearly Sidious was worried by Lukes power and Luke was going to unleash a butt whooping on the sith lord at any moment. Vader actually saved Sidious from the embarassment of losing to a noob.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.